If you could unload Anderson right now, would you do it

If you could uload Anderson right now, would you do it?

• Total voters

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Depends on how well Nilsson plays.
Depends on the return.
I'd wait until the TDL.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
absolutely yes...this seasons a right off anyway. Anderson isn't getting any younger....if you can get something decent for him it's a done deal.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'd say yes. He's old and injury prone, and honestly, quite bad nowadays.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about that Colorado pick? If they pick 1st overall or 10th overall, it has the same impact on the Sens either way. It's over and done with.

I'm spiteful. I admit it.

Reactions: derriko

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon

Am I the only one who doesn't care about that Colorado pick? If they pick 1st overall or 10th overall, it has the same impact on the Sens either way. It's over and done with.

True but it doesn't have the same impact on the fans on this site...1st overall and I can guarantee the Jerry Springeresque gong show continues....10th and perhaps most lighten up a bit.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
True but it doesn't have the same impact on the fans on this site...1st overall and I can guarantee the Jerry Springeresque gong show continues....10th and perhaps most lighten up a bit.

Yeah, the fans are going to hear it from rival fanbases and such. It sucks. But at the same time, with everything that's happened in the last year, we should be used to it.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

I don't want to look back at this trade as catastrophic, so I'd prefer not giving them a top 5 pick. After that, doesn't matter to me. On the other side, I went a high second round pick.

Just re-sign Duchene and Stone and give the Avs a pick outside the top 5, and I think you'll see the mood better here.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
I
Hey, nothing wrong with it. I completely get it, and I know other people are. I'm honestly just curious if I'm the only one who has my mindset lol
I'm with you. In fact the lower the Sens finish the better the second round pick, the more easily it could be moved to grab a first, etc.
Who they get is irrelevant (for peace of mind just stay away from the Colorado board). Someone other than the Senators will get these players.

Back to the thread, yes I'd trade Anderson and hope for a reasonable defensive prospect.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
I don't want to look back at this trade as catastrophic, so I'd prefer not giving them a top 5 pick. After that, doesn't matter to me. On the other side, I went a high second round pick.

Just re-sign Duchene and Stone and give the Avs a pick outside the top 5, and I think you'll see the mood better here.
I think you'll see a better mood next year at this time when we're anticipating a top three. Until then the venom will continue.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
He doesn’t have any trade value anyway. The market for goalies is always pretty spotty, and he’s got a 4.75mm cap hit next year.

If there was a contending team looking to add a goalie at the deadline it would be as an insurance policy- there are pending ufas like Jimmy Howard, Cam Ward, Varlamov, that would all be much smarter options

Reactions: derriko and Yak

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
4.75 isn’t that bad of a cap hit whatsoever for a goalie.

Howard is fantastic this year but Varlamov stinks this season and Ward is backup at most. Of course Varly could always bounce back.

I say for sure deal him if you have a deal in place but this also leaves us with no goaltending for next year. I mean I guess that’s okay since we’re gonna suck for awhile.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If we are trading some combination of Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Ceci, etc, it makes no sense to hold on to Anderson. We might as well acquire a pick or prospect for him and benefit from having subpar goaltending in the 2020 season when finishing last place would give us a 4th overall or better draft choice.

If we manage to keep Duchene and Stone, we might as well hold on to Anderson until at least the 2020 trade deadline.

In terms of holding on to him in order to ensure we don't hand Colorado a higher pick than we have to this season, if we are given a strong offer for Anderson at the deadline, we should take it. There's no guarantee that same offer is available at the draft.

Reactions: NB613 and pzeeman

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He doesn’t have any trade value anyway. The market for goalies is always pretty spotty, and he’s got a 4.75mm cap hit next year.

If there was a contending team looking to add a goalie at the deadline it would be as an insurance policy- there are pending ufas like Jimmy Howard, Cam Ward, Varlamov, that would all be much smarter options

Anderson would easily get a 1 year 4.75M contract if he were available this off season as a free agent.

His term is a problem when it comes to trading him because he would be more marketable as a trade piece if he was on an expiring contract. That's not because he's overpaid, but it's because it limits the market to teams who need a goalie for both the end of this season, and next season. Pittsburgh for example might have bit on Anderson and helped drive up the price if he were a UFA, but they cannot fit in another starting goalie cap hit next year, even if the AAV is in line with the market.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

No you're not.

Water under the bridge.
That ship has sailed.
Elvis has left the building.
Cat is out of the bag.
No use in crying over spilt milk.
The cookie has crumbled.
Toothpaste in out of the tube.
Humpty Dumpty has fallen.
The Train has left the station.

Ad

Upcoming events