If you could reverse one trade your team made since 2010, which would it be?

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Im gonna go with carl hagelin for emereson etem and draft picks. The rangers were in a win the Stanley cup window and this trade hurt the depth and meant the overall team speed wasnt as high. The rangers were winning by out skating other teams holding the puck and reliable goal tending.

The team was noticeably slower and aging after the trade was made.

At the time i disliked the jt miller trade but from reading the rangers forum a bit after the trade i get the feeling miller was a problem in the locker room or he felt upset with the rangers organization for how long it took him to stick in the NHL.

I was really against trading Kevin hayes last season. I figured he was young enough to sign and he provides around low 20 goals and can pk he would be worth holding onto. After the trade was made and i thought about it more often ive come to accept this trade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I guess that means that winning two games in the SCF is horrible. I will take horrible again, please. That is the best season in Preds history, so far.

lol this is pretty short sighted...and they didnt even win anything. Jones is a top 10 dman and now Johansen is an overpaid 2nd liner

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I guess that means that winning two games in the SCF is horrible. I will take horrible again, please. That is the best season in Preds history, so far.

lol this is pretty short sighted...and they didnt even win anything. Jones is a top 10 dman and now Johansen is an overpaid 2nd liner

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
No it doesn't.

If Tampa had ended up winning the cup this year it wouldn't suddenly make the Goodrow trade a good one. Team performance is irrelevant to whether a trade is a good one or not.

Reactions: aufheben

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
No it doesn't.

If Tampa had ended up winning the cup this year it wouldn't suddenly make the Goodrow trade a good one. Team performance is irrelevant to whether a trade is a good one or not.

No but Lightning fans sure wouldnt care so much about giving up a first round pick if they won the cup. Especially if he plays a good role in it. But that's my point though, because if they win the cup it suddenly becomes a moot point that they gave up a first round pick even if he didnt have a huge role. As a fan you can always go back to well we won a cup. Do it every time.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No it doesn't.

I mean, yes and no. If Goodrow was a key contributor on the team in the playoffs, the trade wouldn't be a bad one. Team performance does mean nothing, assuming the player was just a passenger. If they actively contributed (or hurt the team), then I think team performance is absolutely relevant, it just has to be looked at in the proper context.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Probably instead of trading JT Miller trade Gourde?

The worst trades to me were DeAngelo for the 35th pick (Hajek) and Ingram for a 2021 7th. They gave up way too early on a couple of kids because of some off ice issues and they sold them pretty low. Hajek was a key piece in the McDonagh deal supposedly but I'm sure we could've added a different player or piece. DeAngelo would be just what we need in a young puck moving RD, Shattenkirk is doing a good job but not a long term solution. Ingram was an AHL all star at 21, even though we have Vasilevskiy he would be a good backup in a year or two.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Oiler fan it is easy

Griffen reinhart for a 1st and 2nd

Even though the first was a freeby pick from the pens the deal is still worse than the Hall trade. No matter what people say about Larsson..we needed D
if I'm hungry I'm not going to the trash can, Larsson is trash and always will be . absolutely good for nothing. has a cannon and doesnt even shoot the puck, makes no plays that warrant anything more then a 2nd or 3rd pairing d man. 0 offensive upside

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
As a Leafs fan, most of our truly terrible trades were pre-2010, nothing too bad since. I guess Kadri to the Avs? Though Kerfoot isn’t TOO much worse than Naz, even if Barrie has been useless/a terrible fit.

It’s actually pretty interesting that most teams don’t have a single awful trade in the past decade. I guess GMs are pretty good now, and don’t get robbed too often. Except the Sens and Oilers, got damn they have made a lot of terrible moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad