Proposal: If W.Nylander was on the market.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It seems like you’re trying to make the case that they’re equal caliber players, to which I would disagree.

But, I do agree with the second part of your post. If you’re the Leafs there’s no need to trade Nylander unless you get a top-4 right-shot defenceman back.

Here is the thing though nobody wants to trade a top 4 rhd for Nylander. Especially Fter his current performance.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Here is the thing though nobody wants to trade a top 4 rhd for Nylander. Especially Fter his current performance.
His current performance ? What his 4 points in 5 games or his 30 goal season he just had. Do some research before you make silly uninformed posts.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Kapanen + liljegren for manson is a deal I e seen many ducks fans agree to. Then trade nylander for a decent number 2 rd to pair with Morgan and your defense is rebuilt.

That is the question - who is that RHD?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The other consideration would be for the Leafs to trade for high picks if they actually don't have the player they want.
There are teams with multiple #1's and prospects.

All the RHD that might be available - I keep going back Josh Manson...

It's been mentioned before and might have even been mentioned in this thread
Manson and Rackell
for
*Nylander, Lilejgren - which I don't believe is enough from Leafs need an add here - a future.

Manson and Jones may be closer and more balanced?
Manson, Jones, and 31 OA for Nylander, Lilejgren, and a 2nd (44 OA?)?

Leafs draft a RHD like Justin Barron or Helge Grans and then prioritize some grit and sandpaper in that lineup, more character guys - starting with the 3c.

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Another one could be to gamble on someone like Hronek -

Nylander for Hronek and + (not sure who that would be - Veleno? Is that too much? Not enough?) and not even sure Wings would do it, but Larkin and Nylander is nice core upfront.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Agreed. Dubas might have to eat some shit to address this need or double down on this core and risk getting fired if it don't work out in a season.
This leafs have a window until Matthew's re ups his new contract or walks. Pieces like nylander kapanen liljegren johnson etc should all be availible.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I would also look at trying to land someone like Jay Beagle or Casey Cizikas (who ain't available HAHA!)- 4C's, who play bigger minutes and are just make it tough to play against.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leafs need to get players like Foligno, and figure out a way to draft Schneider.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Why are there +’s?

If there’s a plus than it’s an easy no for all teams.
Dumba isnt what the leafs need and manson has two years left on his contract. Manson fits but I'd want an add with him for nylander.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
His current performance ? What his 4 points in 5 games or his 30 goal season he just had. Do some research before you make silly uninformed posts.

What research is needed. He plays the perriemeter, he doesn't play defense (200ft game) he just Doesn't show up for. Big games. You say its silly and uninformed but seems to be the consensus here. He is also has a large contract. Nobody is trading their top 4 rhd for a winger thaT disappears, doesnt get rough, doesn't like driving to the net

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
What research is needed. He plays the perriemeter, he doesn't play defense (200ft game) he just Doesn't show up for. Big games. You say its silly and uninformed but seems to be the consensus here. He is also has a large contract. Nobody is trading their top 4 rhd for a winger thaT disappears, doesnt get rough, doesn't like driving to the net
He scored most of his goals right in front of the net lol. He's no grinder that's for sure but he goes to the dirty areas to score and is able to shield the puck and cycle it with no issues. Does he hit nope does he like to get hit nope but he will use his body to cycle and will plant himself in front of the net to score.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He scored most of his goals right in front of the net lol. He's no grinder that's for sure but he goes to the dirty areas to score and is able to shield the puck and cycle it with no issues. Does he hit nope does he like to get hit nope but he will use his body to cycle and will plant himself in front of the net to score.
Cycling is perrimeter play lol. You should look at his goals closer he is not in front of the net. Also you didnt even mention his poor defense. All in all he just is not worth a top pairing or even a good top 4 rhd. Slso he is over paid. But that seems to be the consensus on the board. Also if you could get a pesce or a parayko for nylander they would have by now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hyperinflation in Toronto is occurring....

Nylander just isn’t something a team trades a core piece for unless they are desperate.

A better option would be trading him for a couplesecondary pieces to help fill out a roster.

Reactions: Thor Odinson

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Hyperinflation in Toronto is occurring....

Nylander just isn’t something a team trades a core piece for unless they are desperate.

A better option would be trading him for a couplesecondary pieces to help fill out a roster.
Honestly get a draft pick or two and start drafting dmen. Edm did it with bear and Bouchard. Flyers wit privy dangers now Ferrabee. Take your early 1st get another first and grab the two rhd earliest in draft.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Manson and Comtois for Nylander + Dermott?

Seems like the type of deal both fanbases would scoff at but GMs might go for, and wouldn't effect the expansion draft considerations.

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Cycling is perrimeter play lol. You should look at his goals closer he is not in front of the net. Also you didnt even mention his poor defense. All in all he just is not worth a top pairing or even a good top 4 rhd. Slso he is over paid. But that seems to be the consensus on the board. Also if you could get a pesce or a parayko for nylander they would have by now.
He's not over paid for what he produces. If there is a trade to be made for nylander great but the leafs wont be giving anyone away either.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He's not over paid for what he produces. If there is a trade to be made for nylander great but the leafs wont be giving anyone away either.

I get it, he is your asset and you value you him more than other people. Its called team bias. Nylander makes about a mil to much for his proven talent. He also doesn't play a physical or a defensive game that teams win cups on. He is a luxury and with the flat cap a luxury most teams can't afford right now. He isn't worth what you are looking for. Do what most teams do and draft your own top 4 rhd defender

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'm sure you would. This would like a Leaf fan saying they would only trade Rielly for Eichel.

giphy.gif

But really, Marner and Nylander aren’t what the Caps need at all and our defense already blows with Carlson.

I’m not really sure what your point is bringing up a whole different team with different needs... my point is Carlson is untouchable unless there’s an overpayment.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Dumba isnt what the leafs need and manson has two years left on his contract. Manson fits but I'd want an add with him for nylander.

yes, theres 2 years left, but the Ducks are also downgrading from a RD to a wing (part time C) and taking on almost 3M in additional salary. In a flat cap world 7M is a lot for a 60 point wing

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
yes, theres 2 years left, but the Ducks are also downgrading from a RD to a wing (part time C) and taking on almost 3M in additional salary. In a flat cap world 7M is a lot for a 60 point wing
Manson also isnt the d man he once was. He's had a few down years since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad