Proposal: If W.Nylander was on the market.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Could throw other stuff in on either side to get the scales completely even, but Nylander to Dallas for Lindell could work as a framework for both sides.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
But really, Marner and Nylander aren’t what the Caps need at all and our defense already blows with Carlson.

I’m not really sure what your point is bringing up a whole different team with different needs... my point is Carlson is untouchable unless there’s an overpayment.

Fair enough.

Reactions: um

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Does lindell play the right or left side ?

He’s mainly played left on Klingberg’s pair, but I wanna say he’s played right when he’s played with Miro a couple times. I’d have to check. Been a good #3 and top penalty killer though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Could throw other stuff in on either side to get the scales completely even, but Nylander to Dallas for Lindell could work as a framework for both sides.

That's probably the best 1 for 1 proposal the Leafs could get, even if Lindell is a leftie.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
He’s mainly played left on Klingberg’s pair, but I wanna say he’s played right when he’s played with Miro a couple times. I’d have to check. Been a good #3 and top penalty killer though.
Nylander for lindell would be a solid trade for both teams.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Where does he fit in with Benn, Hintz, Pavelski, Radulov, Seguin and Gurianov? All those veterans have NMCs. They also have Dellandrea and Jason Robertson coming up.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Would Carolina deal Pesce+

Would Minnesota deal Dumba +

Would Anaheim deal Manson ++

?
None of these teams would offer that much for Nylander.
These play-ins have dropped his value.He's way to soft for playoff type hockey.Teams interested in wining the cup should /will stay away from most soft forwards.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Where does he fit in with Benn, Hintz, Pavelski, Radulov, Seguin and Gurianov? All those veterans have NMCs. They also have Dellandrea and Jason Robertson coming up.
Benn should be on the 3rd line pavelski has played 3rd and 4th line most of the year. Stars pretty much roll 4 lines fairly even. Seguin and Rads on a line with Robertson and then a line of Gurianov Hintz and Nylander would be interesting.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Radulov and Benn are probably due for 3rd like minutes and easier matchups at this point in their careers. Pavelski too. If the opportunity came to move them, I wouldn’t be shocked if Benn waived for a change of scenery. Radulov maybe less so, but still there’s a chance. Pavelski’s NMC runs out next offseason, so he would be exposed to Seattle. I doubt they move either of them this offseason however.

Benn-Seguin-Nylander
Hintz-Pavelski-Gurianov
Robertson-Dickinson-Radulov
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

Miro-Johns
Harley-Klingberg
Oleksiak-someone

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Honestly get a draft pick or two and start drafting dmen. Edm did it with bear and Bouchard. Flyers wit privy dangers now Ferrabee. Take your early 1st get another first and grab the two rhd earliest in draft.

Nylander does not get you a top 12 pick.

More like a late 1st where anyone picked won’t see nhl until 2024.

You can instead acquire Dmen eho are not exempt from the ED

Reactions: Luckylarry

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Pesce is Carolinas only right handed defenseman signed after next season.

He’s not getting traded.
I sad it would be good not that it would happen. I have said several times they need to get as many first nd seconds as possible and draft 3 4 dmen in this deep draft hope one turns into their guy

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Nylander does not get you a top 12 pick.

More like a late 1st where anyone picked won’t see nhl until 2024.

You can instead acquire Dmen eho are not exempt from the ED
Dunn parayko where found after first round.

I think nylander can get you a 6-15. If you look this year most of the dmen are in mid late of first round and early second round. This draft is deep in really good forwards

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
You dont trade a young 30 g zone entry machine who you also can play at C, has a cap hit on its way to be a steal! Must be something on the D side you cant resist!

Marner is the anchor with that 11m cap hit, a first passing one dimensional W paid as a Emperor.
The only chance to get some value back for him is if one of the poor longtime rebuilding teams wants a feisty face to give their fans due some hard years.

With those crazy signing bonuses, Marner will be pretty cheap in clean dollars coming years, thinks a complete W as Silvferberg who also has a great snipe and has showed clutch in playoffs had been a perfect fit for the Leafs.

Nylander also with huge signing bonuses already paid out, who also would be intresting for playoff teams, his trading value would fetch much more then Marner(cap hit) for those teams.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Domi was the second worst player on the Habs in terms of game score against the Penguins, so I'm not sure why you think he is a playoff performer. Leafs definitely lose a Domi for Nylander trade.
Domi plays a (can play) hard to play against game. Nylander plays an easy to play against game. Leafs need players like Domi. Habs (imo) don’t want players like Nylander.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Domi plays a (can play) hard to play against game. Nylander plays an easy to play against game. Leafs need players like Domi. Habs (imo) don’t want players like Nylander.
By definition it isn't a hard to play against game if his team does better when he's off the ice than when he's on it.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
By definition it isn't a hard to play against game if his team does better when he's off the ice than when he's on it.
Small sample size, and Domi (who has diabetes and came to camp late, and was being extra careful before that, so missed out on a lot of training) is still getting fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad