Proposal: If W.Nylander was on the market.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Just wondering which teams might be interested and what they might potentially offer.

Let’s just try and have fun with this.

I could see teams like Carolina, Anaheim, or Minnesota as potential trade partners.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Burns for Nylander makes no sense, the Leafs don't need more offensive defensemen... Barrie wasn't what they needed when they traded for him too. I don't necessarily disagree that they currently are comparible players to make the value seem fair, but long-term and contract wise, the Leafs don't do this.

Nylander is on a good value contract and Burns is declining every season it seems like. Would be a steal for the Sharks though. I could imagine offers around Pesce and Dumba happening, but Burns is 35 and Nylander is 24.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Would Carolina deal Pesce+

Would Minnesota deal Dumba +

Would Anaheim deal Manson ++

?

The plus is on the wrong side if you want pesce.
Given the amount of wingers Minnesota still has and kaprisov coming over I'm not sure there will be fit between the teams.
Anaheim might do it with something attached to Manson, but given their lack of defensive depth not sure they will.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
How so? Lmao. Burns is great and all but the guy is 35. Nylander is only 23 and was on pace for 71 pts. Really doesn't make sense for Toronto.

Would you do Elias Lindholm for Burns.

I dont really think Burns would improve our defense enough to trade our best RW away, so you value Lindholm and Nylander the same?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Lots of teams be very interested. Some have more flexibility than others.

Calgary Edmonton Vancouver Ottawa Montreal Carolina NYI rangers devils philly dallas sharks kings and more all would be interested.

I think he would fetch a top 2/3 dman or a small package of 2 dmen. They of course need help back there.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Rakell
Manson

for

Nylander
Liljegren

Ducks get the younger assets to match their "up and coming core" and have longer control. Nylander could be an upgrade over Rakell in skill, but unknown how he'll do in Anaheim's system.

Leafs get pieces to win now, who are in their prime ages, cost effective and not rentals.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Rakell
Manson

for

Nylander
Liljegren

Ducks get the younger assets to match their "up and coming core" and have longer control. Nylander could be an upgrade over Rakell in skill, but unknown how he'll do in Anaheim's system.

Leafs get pieces to win now, who are in their prime ages, cost effective and not rentals.
I’d be more interested in a deal revolving around Comtois + Manson in a Nylander deal.

Reactions: KB0187

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’ve said before Nylander to the Jets, but our needs are too similar IMO to make any trade.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I’ve said before Nylander to the Jets, but our needs are too similar IMO to make any trade.
you've always been against nylander to the jets because he doesn't play center. now here you are being all like "i've said before nylander to the jets" smh

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
you've always been against nylander to the jets because he doesn't play center. now here you are being all like "i've said before nylander to the jets" smh

I’ve said assuming he is a top 6 C at the NHL is wrong and still believe that, not to mention that was discussed as a Trouba/Nylander trade........still wouldn’t do that if Trouba was on the Jets. I’ve also thrown out there multi trades for Nylander over the years, just not including Trouba. Now Trouba isn’t here and it all depends on the cost of a Nylander (who might prove to a NHL C long term) vs Strome vs TBD.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Would Carolina deal Pesce+

Would Minnesota deal Dumba +

Would Anaheim deal Manson ++

?

You can debate Pesce vs Nylander on ice value if you want. I’m sure some will give the edge to Nylander while others give the edge to Pesce. I think Nylander is on a fair contract but Pesce’s deal is probably one of the best in the league. Value wise the Canes don’t consider this. There maybe was a time last year when they did but not now.

Reactions: AndreiThreeK

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
As good as Nylander is, unless Minnesota deal parise & gets Zuccarello to waive & trade him, Minnesota isn't dealing for Nylander to play wing or won't deal for him at all with Kaprizov coming.

Wings for wild are
Fiala, Kaprizov
Parise, Zuccarello,
Kunin, Foligno
Ryan donato, Hartman/ Greenway.
So yeah Minnesota has no room for anymore wingers and aren't a match with Toronto

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I’ve said assuming he is a top 6 C at the NHL is wrong and still believe that, not to mention that was discussed as a Trouba/Nylander trade........still wouldn’t do that if Trouba was on the Jets. I’ve also thrown out there multi trades for Nylander over the years, just not including Trouba. Now Trouba isn’t here and it all depends on the cost of a Nylander (who might prove to a NHL C long term) vs Strome vs TBD.
nylander still hasn't proven he's a top-6 C in the nhl but now you want him because trouba is gone?

nylander for any player or package fron the jets doesn't take away the fact that he hasn't proven he's a top-6 C in the nhl...

it just seems like you had a hard on for trouba and didn't want him traded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad