Value of: If Toronto Signs Tavares

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Does that make Matthews expandable? I get Matthews don’t grow on trees, but that’s a lot of money tied up in two 1c’s.

With the cap and money in mind and the future signings of Nylander and Marner what would Arizona need to offer to satisfy a trade?

19 1st (unprotected)
20 1st (unprotected)
Hayton
Crouse/Dvorak

This is also clearly hypothetical, so no need with the he’s not available bs. What’s it take from Arizona?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Not a chance in hell, Kadri would be expendable, but we probably end up keeping him too unless we run into cap issues down the road.

member 157595

Absolutely horrible value for Arizona. Leafs throw in a 2021 5th and Marc Bergevin's purple pants.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
If we sign Tavares long term, we would IMP still only be making Matthews available for someone like Hedman. Or maybe Dahlin next summer if his rookie season is incredible.

member 157595

Absolutley not. If they manage to get Tavares the last thing they should do is trade Matthews. Pens won 3 cups from having insane center depth that teams couldnt match.

Dan Bylsma says a severe lack of Craig Adams was your downfall this year.

Reactions: Beebop22

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
absolutely not.

if they sign tavares nylander is expandable. tavares isn't replacing matthews whatsoever

btw, that offer would get declined easily. try harder

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Does that make Matthews expandable? I get Matthews don’t grow on trees, but that’s a lot of money tied up in two 1c’s.

With the cap and money in mind and the future signings of Nylander and Marner what would Arizona need to offer to satisfy a trade?

19 1st (unprotected)
20 1st (unprotected)
Hayton
Crouse/Dvorak

This is also clearly hypothetical, so no need with the he’s not available bs. What’s it take from Arizona?

No it does not if they sign Tavares they run this

Hyman Matthews Nylander

Kapanen Tavares Marner

Marleau Kadri Brown/ Johnsson

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON

19 1st (unprotected)
20 1st (unprotected)
Hayton
Crouse/Dvorak

His expandability depends on how frequently he hits the gym. He’ll have a good 15-20 years in Toronto to see what he can do in that department.

Jun 27, 2005
6 out of 9 responses are so far useless.

I imagine it would start with a signed OEL and some futures.

Reactions: FifthLine

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

19 1st (unprotected)
20 1st (unprotected)
Hayton
Crouse/Dvorak

a lot more than that.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018

19 1st (unprotected)
20 1st (unprotected)
Hayton
Crouse/Dvorak

At least buy the leafs dinner if that’s your offer for Matthews....:

Your team is trending up imo. I think stay the course and you guys will be fine.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

19 1st (unprotected)
20 1st (unprotected)
Hayton
Crouse/Dvorak

:facepalm:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I would think nylander would be expendable for a defenseman then.
Basically this.

Whoever gives the best defense value for Nylander or Kadri that fits the Leafs needs I think is the direction they would go.

They'd probably prefer to move Kadri, but Nylander may give them a better return.

member 157595

6 out of 9 responses are so far useless.

I imagine it would start with a signed OEL and some futures.

Have we actually regressed to the point on this board where we need to actually explain why the OP's trade offer is not sufficient?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad