If Toronto gets a second team

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
They don't deserve our loyalty. Haven't earned it and take it for granted. Burke would often through it in your face calling Leaf fans stupid for their blind support. Saying that we should "get a life".

There have been times where you can tell they aren't 100% committed to getting better. There true colours come out when guys like Nash and big UFA's are open for bidding. They make more money than anyone but don't bid for Kovalchuk, come up short on Brad Richards, Mike Richards, Carter, nash and find excuses why expensive players aren't a fit.

All the while they overpay mediocre players like Grabovski, Komisarik, Connolly, etc. Sadly -- they either don't know how to run a team or are unwilling.

It's the former, not the latter.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm sorry, but why is this even a question? Switching allegiances?

Seriously - what the ******* is that all about?

Being a supporter isn't about the parades and the success and enjoying the good times.

It's about sticking with YOUR team, through thick and bloody thin. When **** gets tough, that's when the real supporters come out of the woodwork, not just the fanboys who hop on the bandwagon when it's flashy and stylish to do so.

The fact that people would actually legitimately consider switching teams makes me sick. Those of you should be ashamed of yourself. So your team hasn't won in a while? Poor you - go support the Penguins or a powerhouse team then.

Seriously - being a fan doesn't present you with a divine right to be presented with constant success.

Should be ashamed. This fanbase is a joke. I almost want another team in this area, just to weed out some of the mongs that infest this this so called "Leafs Nation"

If is never going to happen....even if it did....a true Leaf fan is a true Leaf fan....always will be a Leaf fan.

This is exactly what it should be. I swear we have some self-entitled bozos supporting this team.

huge*

I'd switch in a heartbeat. Leafs organization is laughing stock of professional sports. We are such suckers as fans

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
I'm sorry, but why is this even a question? Switching allegiances?

Seriously - what the ******* is that all about?

Being a supporter isn't about the parades and the success and enjoying the good times.

It's about sticking with YOUR team, through thick and bloody thin. When **** gets tough, that's when the real supporters come out of the woodwork, not just the fanboys who hop on the bandwagon when it's flashy and stylish to do so.

The fact that people would actually legitimately consider switching teams makes me sick. Those of you should be ashamed of yourself. So your team hasn't won in a while? Poor you - go support the Penguins or a powerhouse team then.

Seriously - being a fan doesn't present you with a divine right to be presented with constant success.

Should be ashamed. This fanbase is a joke. I almost want another team in this area, just to weed out some of the mongs that infest this this so called "Leafs Nation"

You're taking sports way too seriously.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'd switch in a heartbeat. Leafs organization is laughing stock of professional sports. We are such suckers as fans

you're from hamilton, nobody's forcing you to cheer on the leafs now. you need another toronto team to switch? lol buffalo is closer to you anyway than a would be toronto team

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
You're taking sports way too seriously.

No offense, but sitting in Ukraine do you have an understanding of how "seriously" Leafs fans take their hockey here?

Or are you making a summation based on a number of posts you've read?

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
If I could cheer for another team, you think I'd still be a Leafs fan? Lets be realistic.

Anybody that's been here for a while knows that this question comes up time and time again. Especially when the Leafs are going through a rough patch. But all the years I've been here and all of these types of threads I've seen, I've never read a better answer.

Made me laugh.

I totally agree. I couldn't cheer for another team even if I tried really hard.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
No offense, but sitting in Ukraine do you have an understanding of how "seriously" Leafs fans take their hockey here?

Or are you making a summation based on a number of posts you've read?
Post is totally off base- who are you to question his or anyone else's allegiance, especially just because they have a bloody flag under their name. Dumb. You are taking it way, way too seriously, and your quoted post is a case in point.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
No thanks.

Bell owns the Habs as well.

I know they do. The thought would be that Rogers would buy/Bell would sell their shares of MLSE and Bell would own a portion of Toronto 2.

Rogers would own the blue team, they are largely identified with the colour red.

Bell would own the red team, they are largely identified with the colour blue.

That is all. Nothing deeper than that.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
No ****ing thank you, when you become a Leaf fan, you're in it for life.

"Baby I was born this way"..... I bleed blue and white. No upstart team (no matter how good) will ever take away my allegiance to the Leafs. Besides, too hard to change tats lol.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Anybody that's been here for a while knows that this question comes up time and time again. Especially when the Leafs are going through a rough patch. But all the years I've been here and all of these types of threads I've seen, I've never read a better answer.

Made me laugh.

I totally agree. I couldn't cheer for another team even if I tried really hard.

Leafs have been going through a rough patch for 8 years... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad