If Toronto gets a second team

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I remember the talk about it in 2004 - 2005 but Hamilton/Seattle/KC/Vegas would be a couple lightyears ahead of a second Toronto team..
To answer your question I would not switch teams.

Apr 1, 2010
if a second team comes to Toronto,
how many people would switch elegance
and become fans of the new team?
personaly i woudn't, but still want a second
team here

I dunno. I'm not very elegant to begin with. Don't know what I would be switching to. Like no way am I walking around looking like Celine Dion.

MapleLeafGardens*

No to a 2nd NHL team in Toronto ever.

This is Leafs town and i hope MLSE tries to block any attempt to bring another NHL team to Toronto.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd go and watch games at the new arena, don't think I'd switch teams though. It would be funny being a Leaf fan and almost never actually going to a game at the ACC, while I'd probably go often to the other team's games. LMAO

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I would switch depending on:

1) Which city they are in. (Toronto)
2) What the colours of their Jersey are (Blue and Black would be awesome)
3) The name of the team. (Toronto Warriors)
4) What the logo is. (A Longsword/Knightsword)

If all of the above conditions are not met then no. :laugh:

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I'm a Leafs fan. I know a second team would come here and be more successful but I couldn't change my allegiance.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I bleed blue and white, but its wavering every year, and I don't mean I'm going to switch allegiances or anything but I'm becoming more and more pessimistic about the ownership, management, etc. etc. in bringing this city a winner.

In other words, I would not hesitate supporting another team. But that only happens if it's a toronto-based team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm almost certain that a second GTA team would be run like the Nashville Predators: management stability, fantastic homegrown drafts, competitive teams year in and year out, and it will make the ineptitude of the Leafs that much more depressing.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
No ****ing thank you, when you become a Leaf fan, you're in it for life.
Sometimes it feels like being a partisan in a sports war. Little chance of success,brutal hits from the enemy(Habs,Sen,Canucks,Jets fans) but we know we will overcome although we will probably all be dead when it happens.:D

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Are they really bringing a new team to Toronto/area? With the Jets an Eastern team?
Detroit/Columbus still desperate to be an Eastern team?

(and no. I'm a Leaf-er for life).

RogerRoeper*

Toronto is by far the best option for a new NHL team. That said, the Leafs will try to block it, and I don't blame them one bit.

Gryph

Apr 3, 2009
Winnipeg
I think a second team would be great for Toronto. It would almost instantly be economically strong, and I would love to see how MLSE reacts if/when they have to finally become accountable for their options. It drives me crazy that MLSE can basically do whatever they want because they have a monopoly on the GTA

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I'd cheer for them, it's hard to see the Leafs winning with this corporate ownership.

If the Leafs ever got good I'd probably get back on the bandwagon though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad