If the Rangers miss the playoff should Quinn be back?

If the Rangers miss the playoff should Quinn be back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Quinn will be here next season, no matter the outcome of this season.

And I think, he'll stay the coach barring a disastrous 2021-22 season. Even with a .500 record I fear.

So yes, he should be back, even if we miss the playoffs.

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He should not only be fired, he should be drawn and quartered in the middle of Madison Square Park while the Ranger fanbase happily watches and eats Shake Shack.
Lets throw in tarred,feathered,dripping with honey while a hungry bear and a swarm of bees chases after him

Reactions: Maximus

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't understand why I'm getting sarcastic remarks to this thread. If you take away Quinn's name, what's unreasonable about a poll that says "should a coach be fired if his team doesn't make the playoffs?"

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would diligently start searching for replacements but organization has to make the right decision. Last thing we want is a coaching carousel even if DQ is in over his head against better coached teams

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You're the one stalking me and making snide remarks on all of my posts. I made a simple poll that is relevant to this franchise.
Stalking? No. Eye rolling in a thread? Absolutely.
I don't understand why I'm getting sarcastic remarks to this thread. If you take away Quinn's name, what's unreasonable about a poll that says "should a coach be fired if his team doesn't make the playoffs?"
A tiny bit of self-reflection might help you arrive at the right answer.

Yuck

Sep 8, 2009
I'd be very surprised if he was gone. I believe management looks at this season as a positive. The only scenario I see it happening is if a coach they were eyeing for the next "phase" suddenly becomes available.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would diligently start searching for replacements but organization has to make the right decision. Last thing we want is a coaching carousel even if DQ is in over his head against better coached teams
How exactly is that determined? He is 2-3 vs. the almighty Trotz this year, with one loss being in OT. Does that mean that they are basically the same level of coaching?

What about AV? Was he over his head against him as well? Is he coaching circles around Lavy?

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
He will clearly be back. Then next year should be a really fun year. Then it's time to talk extension. You don't want him going into a lame duck year. He's a good coach and he's improving as a coach.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How exactly is that determined? He is 2-3 vs. the almighty Trotz this year, with one loss being in OT. Does that mean that they are basically the same level of coaching?

What about AV? Was he over his head against him as well? Is he coaching circles around Lavy?

I hope I’m wrong but we shall see down the stretch winning games against ahl teams like NJ doesn’t really impress. Beat the islanders and Boston.
And I’m not one of those that roots against my team to see the coach fired. I want this to work With whoever is the coach it’s just my opinion I don’t think he’s the coach to take this team to the next level

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
yeah, he should return, or at least, Missing is not The Reason to dump him
Presuming Playoffs in this division setup was to dream big

as great as NYR play SOMEtimes, and as well as the plan is coming together,
this season, they're not yet as reliably good as the top teams

(btw, i did look it up, in typical Eastern Conf groupings, NYR'd be in precisely same position,
chasing BB or NYI for a WC ...
Today's standings, parsed to Eastern Conf lineup of last few seasons
Metro: Canes +22 Wash +19 Pitt +17
Atlantic: TB +19 FLA +18 TOR +17
EAST WCs: NYI +14 Bos +14
- - - - - - -
NYR +8 MON +4 PF+2

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I voted yes , but that dumb Dell promo/commercial with Quinn may be the worst thing ever, so just on that basis I want to vote no.

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Quinn will be here next season, no matter the outcome of this season.

And I think, he'll stay the coach barring a disastrous 2021-22 season. Even with a .500 record I fear.

So he yes, he should be back, even if we miss the playoffs.

This. Regardless of what we think, he's coming back.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The question should have just been "Do you want him back"

Bc "Should he be back" takes a lot of other things into account and won't necessarily accurately answer what OP wants answered.

Reactions: Yuck

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I love how the fans complain about Quinn but yet fans think they can coach better :help:

he is not the worst coach we have had, i rather see him with a NHL roster in the playoffs before deciding he is a good coach or not, and not one of the youngest in the league. considering they are the youngest in the league and so close to a playoff spot is impressive. so many 1st year NHL pros on this team

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad