Proposal: "IF" Tavares is available and wants to play for your team?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Alright i'll give a try.

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu/Juulsen, 1st

for

Tavares + 4th pick (joking, still don't understand how people think a late pick would balance a deal of this magnitude)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He will resign in NY and Snow will be removed as GM .They will also be big game hunting this offseason

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
not in my dreams. we were fifth in the nhl under weight.

Means nothing to cherry pick stats. Lets see what they can do in a whole season. The NYI are not a top 5 team in the NHL. They are barely a top 10 team. I will admit they are a bubble playoff team year after year though. Islanders are a middle of the pack team at the moment no matter how you spin it!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Please no Beaulieu in these fake trades. It's an embarassment to Hab fans that he's being used as an asset. He's near worthless. Thanks.

Beaulieu is not near worthless. He's got raw skills and has not reached his potential yet. He may never will reach his true potential but he's not worthless.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
What do the Islander fans feel about Turris vs Galchenyuk? Who would you rather have?
Probably Galch,I dont see any of these deals going through .If JT wants to resign with a certain team ,I would be pretty sure, he wouldnt want all of their talent moved to get him .Thinking it would be a prospect and draft pick type of deal

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Means nothing to cherry pick stats. Lets see what they can do in a whole season. The NYI are not a top 5 team in the NHL. They are barely a top 10 team. I will admit they are a bubble playoff team year after year though. Islanders are a middle of the pack team at the moment no matter how you spin it!

Half a season is not cherry picking stats. That's a pretty good sample size.

Last 3 years, Isles have been one of the better and more consistent teams in the east. Pens, Caps, Rangers and Lightning have better record that the Isles over that time in the east. That's it. But somehow in this thread people are acting as if they finish 6/7/8 in their division every year.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Obviously not gonna happen, but something like Strome + 2017 1st + Perlini. He may be too old for Coyotes too

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Half a season is not cherry picking stats. That's a pretty good sample size.

Last 3 years, Isles have been one of the better and more consistent teams in the east. Pens, Caps, Rangers and Lightning have better record that the Isles over that time in the east. That's it. But somehow in this thread people are acting as if they finish 6/7/8 in their division every year.

Well if your talking about the East only, the Islanders were in that group behind the elite teams. Depends on the year and circumstances. I was talking about the entire NHL

Islanders are somewhere between Top 5 or top 10 in the East. They are not a top 5 team. Sorry, not buying what your trying to sell!

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Well if your talking about the East only, the Islanders were in that group behind the elite teams. Depends on the year and circumstances. I was talking about the entire NHL

Islanders are somewhere between Top 5 or top 10 in the East. They are not a top 5 team. Sorry, not buying what your trying to sell!

There's only three "elite" teams in the East, imo. Caps, Pens & Lightning.
After them its the Rangers (although they can drop depending on if Hank keeps going) and then the next group that's all closely lumped together (Islanders, Canadiens, Toronto, Ottawa etc.). The only reason they're not looked at as a definite playoff team is the play in the best division in hockey (where 2 spots are already locked up, and probably athird with NYR)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's only three "elite" teams in the East, imo. Caps, Pens & Lightning.
After them its the Rangers (although they can drop depending on if Hank keeps going) and then the next group that's all closely lumped together (Islanders, Canadiens, Toronto, Ottawa etc.). The only reason they're not looked at as a definite playoff team is the play in the best division in hockey (where 2 spots are already locked up, and probably athird with NYR)

Canadians have 3 division titles in the last 5 years but have failed to have any playoff success (just like the Caps and many other teams!). They are a legit top 10 team in the NHL. And a bubble top 5 team in the East. It's no secrete the Islanders are trending downwards. This is why the Tavares rumors are out there and the concerns of him wanting to win or leave the NYI because of it are real. But I respect you as a fan and how you defend your team. The Islanders are not as good as you think they are.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Canadians have 3 division titles in the last 5 years but have failed to have any playoff success (just like the Caps and many other teams!). They are a legit top 10 team in the NHL. And a bubble top 5 team in the East. It's no secrete the Islanders are trending downwards. This is why the Tavares rumors are out there and the concerns of him wanting to win or leave the NYI because of it are real. But I respect you as a fan and how you defend your team. The Islanders are not as good as you think they are.

The Islanders are trending down based on what exactly? A season where they fired their coach (who was generally maligned as being a poor coach to start with) and missed the playoffs by one point? A team that still has whats regarded as one of the best prospect pools in the league? I'm going to need something more than that to say they are trending down.

The whole "Tavares wants to leave" shtick was ongoing even when the Islanders were in the midst of back-to-back 100+ point seasons. Its just that now for some reason its Canadiens fans that are the harbinger rather than Maple Leafs fans. Tavares has consistently stated his desire to stay in NY. Matt Martin (after he left for Toronto) has said JT has no desire to leave. Various NHL writers have said they believe Tavares' intention is to stay in NY. The reason this story persists now is simply because it sells papers up North.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Depends what his next contract is looking like. If its ~8M and both McDavid+Draisaitl could be signed for a combined 17M then I'd have a ton of interest.

Puljujarvi + RNH + 1st + Cap dump (Pouliot)

Expose Eberle to Vegas

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Tavares-Free agency
Caggiula-Free agency-Slepyshev
Khaira/Pitlick-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Free agency/Russell
Nurse-Benning

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Depends what his next contract is looking like. If its ~8M and both McDavid+Draisaitl could be signed for a combined 17M then I'd have a ton of interest.

Puljujarvi + RNH + 1st + Cap dump (Pouliot)

Expose Eberle to Vegas

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Tavares-Free agency
Caggiula-Free agency-Slepyshev
Khaira/Pitlick-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Free agency/Russell
Nurse-Benning

tavares will get 10 mil from us most likely.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
tavares will get 10 mil from us most likely.

Yeah in reality I don't think his price tag would work out in Edmonton anyways and thats probably being greedy wanting him to go along with McDavid and Draisaitl. I could see him taking around a Stamkos deal if he really wants to try and win some cups in the coming years, but I expect he'll stay in NY unless they have a terrible 2017-18 season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The return will be disappointing if he announces he only once wants to play/sign with a particular Team.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
For an extended Tavares:

RNH, Nurse, 1st.

Hell you could have Eberle on top of that but the $$ wouldn't work

Your leftovers for an extended top 10 player in the world? Deal.

Non-extended that may not get it done.

Oilers would have to give the Islanders the option to pick any combination of their roster but McDavid for an extended Tavares.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
well, andrew ladd got traded for dano a first and a third without an extension so not to say you're straight up wrong but.... wait yeah you're wrong

And in what reality is Andrew Ladd on the same level as Tavares?

Tavares is a franchise-level forward. No team is going to pay the Islanders what they want for Tavares unless he comes with a contract.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad