Proposal: "IF" Tavares is available and wants to play for your team?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just interested in what offers other teams would put forward if Tavares and the NYI part ways and a sign and trade happens.

If I'm the Habs, I offer Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Pleky (Cap reasons), 1st, and one of (Mete, Hudon, Scherbak, McCarron, Lindgren).

If you feel Tavares fits on your team, what is your best offer?

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Just interested in what offers other teams would put forward if Tavares and the NYI part ways and a sign and trade happens.

If I'm the Habs, I offer Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Pleky (Cap reasons), 1st, and one of (Mete, Hudon, Scherbak, McCarron, Lindgren).

they arent taking Plek as well as giving up Tavares. Thats not happening.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would offer nothing. Not that I don't want him, but I know we don't have the expendable assets that the Islanders would be looking for. Plus, we can't have that much wrapped up in centers unless we get rid of some other contracts.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham

Sergachev coming back methinks.

Bruins offer

Krejci
Carlo/JFK
Senshyn/Debrusk
Oilers 2nd this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
they arent taking Plek as well as giving up Tavares. Thats not happening.

It's called for cap reasons. Pleks for one year is minor and the Islanders can trade him at the deadline for future picks. Look at it this way... Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, 1st and then one of (the guys I mentioned). Almost every team would have to send salary back. Pleky for 1 year is no big deal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Proposal or speculation, rumor is a rumor, IE. somebody reporting Tavares wants to go to >insert team<.

My bad... Can somebody change it to a proposal or speculation then? To me most of the treads on this board are rumors, proposals or speculation.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Offer the 1st O/A and see where the talks go.

Islanders would be interested for sure but do the Devils want to rally trade for Tavares? I'm guessing the Devils would prefer to build with a younger core.

To me, teams that are interested in Tavares have a 5 year (+/-) window to win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad