If Tampa and the Caps lose their series...

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
I suggest people look up how many 1-3 and 0-3 series deficits have been fought well since the cap era began.

Since the cap, many teams have forced a Game 6 down 0-3 whereas before this was extremely rare.

However of course Tampa would be seen as massive chokers.

Now as for 1-3 series deficits, they're very meh now. From 1942 to 1987, only two such comebacks (both 0-3) were completed. Since 1987? Over 20. Especially in cases like the Rangers where they are the higher seed, I'm not sure the Capitals would be seen as complete chokers. This is the defending Eastern Conference Champion we're talking about.

So a choke for Tampa, letdown for Washington.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I personally think coming back from an 0-3 deficit isn't nearly as hard as it used to be.

If you look at the statistics 50% of the cases it's happened have occurred in the last 8 seasons.

I find that back in the day it was really about the Cinderella story or David vs Goliath mentality.

However now the teams are so even (famous "parity" everyone always talks about) that a swing in momentum is enough to overcome the difference in skill.

Tampa has a great chance at winning this series and if they do they deserve it.

But anyone watching the series knows a bounce here and there makes all the difference. Which is usually the case when two teams are evenly matched.

Whatever happens entertaining hockey to watch imho , looking forward to tomorrow night!

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Thanks. As you can plainly see, it is working as expected.

Habs-Rags ECF. 100% GUARANTEED. :yo:

There is no such thing as jinxing, especially when you're just a fan. A player/coach MIGHT jinx his own team, but definitely not a fan.

I used to be superstitious before a game, but then I grew up and realized that it's just absurd.

On-topic: I just really don't see Tampa losing 2 more games, idk... Caps very well might lose Game 7 though.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Any team who leads 3-0 and loses a series has choked. However, it's still too early to talk about that. The Bolts win tomorrow and nobody remember this in two years. If the Habs can force a game 7, then it will be on topic.

As for the Caps, I don't think it's a choke job at all. It would be disappointing, though. I put them in the Stanley Cup Finals, and I really wanted to see Ovi face the Hawks there.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I personally think coming back from an 0-3 deficit isn't nearly as hard as it used to be.

If you look at the statistics 50% of the cases it's happened have occurred in the last 8 seasons.

I find that back in the day it was really about the Cinderella story or David vs Goliath mentality.

However now the teams are so even (famous "parity" everyone always talks about) that a swing in momentum is enough to overcome the difference in skill.

Tampa has a great chance at winning this series and if they do they deserve it.

But anyone watching the series knows a bounce here and there makes all the difference. Which is usually the case when two teams are evenly matched.

Whatever happens entertaining hockey to watch imho , looking forward to tomorrow night!

I'm not sure I'd call what we've seen so far out of the MTL/TB series to be entertaining

It's been awful

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Technically, so are the Lightning.

Ehh I wouldn't really say that. The Lightning had the same amount of wins, more ROWs, better goal differential, and were 5-0 in the season series. The only reason the Habs ended up with 2 more points was because they were far better in the shootout.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They will be SEEN as choke, but the only circumstances were it will actually be one is if both teams absolutely don't show up in remaining games. Because quite a few games, in both rounds, could have gone one way or another.

fashi13

Feb 13, 2008
Will they been seen as choke jobs?

Or that their opponents had closed door meetings and pulled 180's.

Huge Caps fan here. If you lose after being up 3 to 1 or 3 to 0, it is an absolute choking dogs, gagging it away situation. Especially my Caps being 101 seconds away in game 5.
Kudos to the Rags and Habs for not rolling over, but both Tampa and my Caps should have put them away.
Somehow I am still confident going into game 7.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Well I predicted the series against to go to seven games both teams are quite equal, just with different strengths...but with that said any series where you have 3-0 and end up losing is for sure a choke job.

beefisforbadbwoys

Apr 5, 2014
I don't think the Tampa Bay series will be seen as a choke job because it shouldn't have been 3-0 or 3-1 at all. Habs severely outplayed them but couldn't find the back of the net.

Couple that with hitting 15 posts...

I mean..

I'm sure the Habs will lose the series but it shouldn't have gotten to where it is now the way it did.

The better team is making a comeback.

The same team that swept the Lightning last year.

Xamar*

I don't think the Tampa Bay series will be seen as a choke job because it shouldn't have been 3-0 or 3-1 at all. Habs severely outplayed them but couldn't find the back of the net.

Couple that with hitting 15 posts...

I mean..

I'm sure the Habs will lose the series but it shouldn't have gotten to where it is now the way it did.

The better team is making a comeback.

The same team that swept the Lightning last year.

Bolded are all the red herrings you threw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad