If Tampa and the Caps lose their series...

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Well thats why they say the 4th win is always the toughest. When teams are down but not out, they play desperate resulting in them showing another side to them that their opponent has not seen.

but then on the side of the coin, you can also say that good cup worthy teams always knock out their opponent when they need to. They dont wait, they dont hesistate, they just do it and get the job done. They have that killer instinct. Example. Chicago.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
If you're ever up 3-1 or 3-0 and blow it then it's definitely a choke job. Not being able to win 1 in those last 3 or 4 games is inexcusable.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Bolts, yes absolutely, but Caps... I mean everyone knew the Rangers would be a tough team to put away at the beginning of the playoffs.

Feel bad for the Caps fans tonight tbh.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Tampa Bay certainly, because blowing a 3-0 lead is so rare and prior to the last two games they were 8-0 against Montreal this season.

Washington people would say it is, but every game so far has been a 1-goal game so their 3-1 lead wasn't all that indicative of how the series has gone, plus the Rangers are the "better" team. So it really shouldn't be unless they get embarrassed in game 7.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Normally if the underdog is up 3-1 and blows it, you kind of give them the benefit of the doubt. But in this case where it's Ovechkin and co. who couldn't get past the second round when they were heavy favourites, and it starts to make you think a little more about it being a choke job.

TampaDude

Apr 5, 2010
Sadly, nothing either the Bolts or Caps do can overcome the unstoppable, utterly infallible, power of my wallpaper jinx.

I am literally preventing either team from winning that 4th game. Nothing they do will matter. I spoke it, and it is so.

Habs-Rangers ECF. 100% GUARANTEED. :yo:

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
Normally if the underdog is up 3-1 and blows it, you kind of give them the benefit of the doubt. But in this case where it's Ovechkin and co. who couldn't get past the second round when they were heavy favourites, and it starts to make you think a little more about it being a choke job.

The Caps were not heavy favorites in this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad