If Tampa and the Caps lose their series...

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They're both chokes.

That said, we see 3 - 1 chokes so often that we'll forget about it by the time the playoffs are done.

Not so much the 3 - 0 choke though...

Church of Toews*

They're both chokes.

That said, we see 3 - 1 chokes so often that we'll forget about it by the time the playoffs are done.

Not so much the 3 - 0 choke though...

although to be fair we had a 3-0 choke just last season and one before in 2010 its getting more common with the parity increasing

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Considering 3-0 seems to now at the very least automatically turn into 3-2, 3-1 is not that crazy of a lead to blow. Plus the Caps were underdogs. That said yes it'll be a choke because the Caps were 2 minutes away from winning the series game 5.

Church of Toews*

Tampa blowing a 3-0 lead would be considered a choke in my book.

Although i wouldn't call the Caps blowing a 3-1 lead a choke seeing that many people pegged the Rangers as the favorites in this series. If anything i see a caps series win as an upset and a Rangers choke job due to the expectations they had for this season with the win now mode the team is in

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
TB... yes, that is obviously a major choke job. San Jose-esque.

Washington... kind of, but if you've been following that series you know both teams are playing some very good hockey. Many games could have gone either way. Not to mention the fact that the Rangers won the Pres trophy and were regarded as the favorite in the East heading into the playoffs (along with TB). It's a disappointment, but idk if it's a choke.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Sadly, nothing either the Bolts or Caps do can overcome the unstoppable, utterly infallible, power of my wallpaper jinx.

I am literally preventing either team from winning that 4th game. Nothing they do will matter. I spoke it, and it is so.

Habs-Rangers ECF. 100% GUARANTEED. :yo:

Please don't blame the players or the coaches. I ALONE control the outcome of these two series, and I have, just for kicks, decided that both the Lightning and the Capitals will be eliminated from the playoffs this year.

Attempting to avoid what HAS ALREADY HAPPENED is utterly futile. It would be like an acorn laying in the middle of the street trying to avoid being crushed by an oncoming steamroller that has already rolled over it. It's just not happening, period.

Dude, I admire the effort you are putting into this jinx. You've been posting this all over HF since yesterday.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
In all fairness to Tampa, that series should really be 3-2 Habs right now. The regs gave them game 1. They won game 3 on a fluke goal. They got murdered in game 4. Humbled in game 5. Say they split one of the 2 fluke games...

Well, on the only image that people were able to gave us, the player was not offside, according to the rule. Nobody was able to give an image that clearly show that he is offside. So no, the refs did not gave them the game. Plus, even if it was offside, maybe they still score the next goal.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Yes, but given that the two teams coming back are the #1 and #2 overall ranked teams during the regular season, it would be fairly small-scale. Especially if you put it to the eye-test and watch who the better teams have been during the series.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If caps lose the series this is dumb they should of won game 5 and were screwed is not fare. I think if lose the series im done this is not a fun playoffs really not entertaneing and slow and dirty hits just not for fans

Church of Toews*

Well, on the only image that people were able to gave us, the player was not offside, according to the rule. Nobody was able to give an image that clearly show that he is offside. So no, the refs did not gave them the game. Plus, even if it was offside, maybe they still score the next goal.

and it wasn't even a break away goal or anything like that the lightning hammered the Habs in their zone for a solid 30 seconds or so after the offside and before the goal was even scored.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If caps lose the series this is dumb they should of won game 5 and were screwed is not fare. I think if lose the series im done this is not a fun playoffs really not entertaneing and slow and dirty hits just not for fans

LOL. The only reason this series isn't over already is because the Caps get away with murder. Game 4, Stepan gets hauled down on the first Caps goal and it's the Caps getting screwed? Did that not count or do you just remember all of the times the Caps didn't get all of the calls and non-calls?

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Cool.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Both teams are pretty average to be honest.. So not surprise they might lose the series..

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Man... I'm going to take a vacation from hockey if we end up losing this series...

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
In all fairness to Tampa, that series should really be 3-2 Habs right now. The regs gave them game 1. They won game 3 on a fluke goal. They got murdered in game 4. Humbled in game 5. Say they split one of the 2 fluke games...

I'm so sick of these excuses. Nobody saw that offside and nobody stopped playing. They still let Tampa score. Game 3 goal was pathetic but it doesn't mean that if we don't allow it that the Habs would've won. It was tie game at the time. Now if we look quality of play, well yes the Habs have been better in most aspects except scoring more goals in this three first games.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I'm just going to start formulating my argument of how blowing a 3-0 lead isn't a choke, now.

Hi! Habs fan here to help you out. If the Hockey Gods will it and the Canadiens win the next 2, won't happen, you can always say this to yourself...

If you count your last playoff series between us 0-4, the regular season 5-0, the series right now 3-2 and our hypothetical comeback, that won't happen, 0-2; That would come out to an 8-8 record against us! You see it wouldn't be so bad, you can even say that we were equally matched.

:teach:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Losing 3-0 rarely happens but 3-1 comebacks do quite often.. I am going to be massively dissapointed if the Caps doesnt win but Rangers were still the President trophy winners..
Wouldnt be that much of an upset

If Tampa lost 3-0 however that would be a massive chokejob. At that point they had 8-0 against the Habs this year and there was absolutely nothing that looked like they would stand a snowballschance in hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00