If Senators miss the playoffs, Dorion should be fired.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Seriously trading a 1st rounder in such a deep draft along with a player that already fit the team very well and a decent prospect for a player that clearly everyone knew would take a while to adjust to the team, and once he does is barely an improvement over Turris? That's a fireable offense right there. Sens corsi is finally catching up to them, and they also have god awful goaltending for some reason this season.

Edit: Even being top 10 protected, that's still a fireable offense for the other reasons. If the Sens pick was number 11, they could easily pick a great center in Wahlstrom, Kupari (Spelling), etc. that would be better than Duchene and Turris for the Sens in the future.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
This should settle it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.04.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.04.19 PM.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 120

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If the Sens pick ends up at #9/10 overall I wonder would they actually defer it?

I'd be hesitant if I were them. 2019 is a very strong draft as well and if they finish in the bottom 10 this year, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise to see them bottom 10 or worse in 2019 either. Anderson isn't getting any younger in net and they dont have a #1G after him. On top of that, the Defense outside of Karlsson leaves a lot to be desired, especially with Chabot not having as smooth of a transition to the pro game as was hoped.

If it's in that 9/10 range, I wonder if Dorion/whoever it is that's GM doesn't opt to send it to the Avs anyway, just so they can be properly prepared for whatever the 2019 season brings them.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The pick is top ten protected tho OP

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Hey OP, just to let you know that if the Sens are slotted to select a young 18 year old prospect in the top 1/3 of the draft, they will retain that selection due to protections in place as part of the transaction that took place on the 5 day of November in the year two-thousand and seventeen.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I understand why he did the trade, and it was gamble, but yeah he should be fired if they miss.

Also, I still don't understand why he hasn't found a goalie who can eventually take ouver as #1. Anderson is getting old, and he's been terrible this year. Condon is not a future #1 or even a #1b.

I wonder what Karlson will think if they miss.

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
Seriously trading a 1st rounder in such a deep draft along with a player that already fit the team very well and a decent prospect for a player that clearly everyone knew would take a while to adjust to the team, and once he does is barely an improvement over Turris? That's a fireable offense right there. Sens corsi is finally catching up to them, and they also have god awful goaltending for some reason this season.

Edit: Even being top 10 protected, that's still a fireable offense for the other reasons. If the Sens pick was number 11, they could easily pick a great center in Wahlstrom, Kupari (Spelling), etc. that would be better than Duchene and Turris for the Sens in the future.

at this point he is a straight up downgrade from Turris, probably always has been and will be.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
If the Sens pick ends up at #9/10 overall I wonder would they actually defer it?

I'd be hesitant if I were them. 2019 is a very strong draft as well and if they finish in the bottom 10 this year, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise to see them bottom 10 or worse in 2019 either. Anderson isn't getting any younger in net and they dont have a #1G after him. On top of that, the Defense outside of Karlsson leaves a lot to be desired, especially with Chabot not having as smooth of a transition to the pro game as was hoped.

If it's in that 9/10 range, I wonder if Dorion/whoever it is that's GM doesn't opt to send it to the Avs anyway, just so they can be properly prepared for whatever the 2019 season brings them.
Zero chance they give up a pick in the 9/10 range. They don't even have that discussion.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

No they won't. What kind of message does that send to Karlsson? That they are afraid the next season will be a throw-away?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
pierre dorion traded:

Mika Zibanejad, Kyle Turris, shane bowers (1st round pick in 2017), 1st round pick in 2018 (lottery protected so maybe its 2019), 2nd round pick in 2018 and 3rd round pick in 2019 for

Derrick brassard and matt duchene

ouch
What the hell was the point of the Brassard for Zibanejad trade? The Rangers definitely got the better player in that deal....

And I don't wanna hear ''Well they beat the Rangers in the playoffs last year'' because that's a really dumb way to assess trades.

Reactions: Lays

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
pierre dorion traded:

Mika Zibanejad, Kyle Turris, shane bowers (1st round pick in 2017), 1st round pick in 2018 (lottery protected so maybe its 2019), 2nd round pick in 2018 and 3rd round pick in 2019 for

Derrick brassard and matt duchene

ouch
Burrows for dahlen?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
What the hell was the point of the Brassard for Zibanejad trade? The Rangers definitely got the better player in that deal....

And I don't wanna hear ''Well they beat the Rangers in the playoffs last year'' because that's a really dumb way to assess trades.

That trade was more financially motivated than the Duchene trade, as there were picks involved as well. If you look on the Sens board you'd find an awful lot of comments about that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad