Post-Game Talk: If Reider had scored, we'd probably of won 5-1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There might be more changes in Columbus this offseason than in Edmonton...

If they miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round and their UFA's take off things could get fugly.

Actually I said ship him out and spend 8M on a real player... Talk about not being able to read :p:

So Ferland then? As if having cap magically means that we will be getting good players to come here to this tire fire of an organization? Get ready for Clarkson version 3.o.

But this is what Nuge wants to do is my take. Wants to have a comfy long offseason playing with his bro. Like they're both boys or something and one doesn't have the supposed expectations of a 6M/season contract.

I really think Nuge doesn't get it. I don't think he ever will.

Could you imagine how absolutely depressing and pointless it would be watching a club with RNH as the best player. My lord that would be boring. Vanilla Nuge. I wouldn't pay 3 bucks to watch that team play..

I've watched a team where Gagner was our best player so I can totally relate.

I see you had to go back and edit your posts to suit your narrative. How gutless of you.
Kassian does bring fire and determination to almost every shift, if you can’t see that then you have no clue anyway. Compare him to your little muffin Nuge and you’ll see plain as day.

Kassian at one point had about a hit a game when he was playing in an energy role. He was a ghost for much of last season. He's playing well lately and I'm happy to see that, but let's get off the "Kass has been a consistently good player for us" type insinuations because that is far from the truth.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Gambardella got his first NHL point on a nice dish from the boards. Currie had some solid moments and hits and got crushed by McQuaid.

Great work on the Brods goal. I can see Currie being a fan favorite. You have to hand it to him, every year he has gotten better. This kid played in Summerside, PEI and then went upward. Not drafted but he never stopped. I'm a big fan

Josh Currie Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I like the Nuge so I am respectfully ignoring your constant belly aching about him :p

What I will say is this though, Nuge was on a career pace for most of the season, he's fallen off and its been noticeable. It was also noticeable in the 16-17 playoffs. His physicality is naturally slight, we've all been waiting for him to get stronger, faster, bigger etc. to reach his full potential (which I still think is really high). But he hasn't. And late season slumps and injuries early on in his career have shown this. I think it's time for him to get serious about his off season training and maybe not have his little brother as his main personal trainer. A full off season at Bio Steel and I bet we have an elite Nuge.

He needs to say his prayers, takes his vitamins, and he will never go wrong. If that don't work, he needs to get on Growth Hormone

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It was hilarious when Nuge dumped the puck in on the PP and it cleared the boards. That signified how inept he was in this game. He was setup half a dozen times in the game and didn't cash until 3mins left and the game was already decided.

I find he plays like this fella

1127809_1.jpg

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Absolutely. Nuge is not a competitor. He won't sacrifice, won't dig in to make a difference. He's content, always, to be just another horse. But his lack of intangibles and being -13 while playing as much as he has this season with McD is really astounding.

Its the curse of Oilers fans that we got robbed of more years of Taylor Hall but instead we have to watch Ryan boring Hopkins indefinitely. I know which one I'd rather want gone.

I actually thought we had a Joe Sakic when Nuge played his first year. He had great passing and a wicked wrist shot. Now I don't know what we have. I'm gonna get called out on this but I can see Nuge being packaged for a #1 Dman. Tyson Barrie? Trouba? Harold Snepts?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
When McDrai weren't on the ice... not a whole lot was happening as I mentioned in the GDT. What a sad state of affairs and there aren't any quick fixes. I do like Currie/Gambs/Cave. Hopefully we won't toss them aside like Oesterle + Davidson and replace them with slugs like Gryba.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just rewatched the game recap video.

Wow, Seth Jones got absolutely tooled in this one.

Currie checks him into the boards which pretty much directly leads to the first goal.

He dives to the ice and McDavid passes it around him to Kassian to him for the second goal.

McDavid blows past him, he falls down, and then he has a great view of 97 scoring the third goal after he gets up from sliding on the ice.

Then he's playing Mission: Impossible trying to stop a 3 on 1 with RNH scoring the fourth goal.
And yet he would be our best defenseman by a few trillion lightyears.

He's 5x the defenseman Klefbom is.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He sits at 51st overall amongst forwards in the league in points and is top 60 in goals in a 31 team league. Under what definition is that ineffective as a top 6 forward.
70+ points for a top 6 forward duh. There doesn't have to be enough top 6 forwards to go around the league, duh. /S

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
70+ points for a top 6 forward duh. There doesn't have to be enough top 6 forwards to go around the league, duh. /S

Nuge is fine as a 2C. If he had actual wingers we might see even more production. He’s not going anywhere either. Burgers declared their direction yesterday. Get 2 wingers for Connor, Leon and Nuge. Get a top RHD. That was before he said they weren’t resigning Rieder. KG is running the draft.

And to think, a new GM has his work already done for him! Easy Peasy!

Autonomy in Oilerland is spelled OldBoysClub.

Reactions: Husker Du

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So what we need is a way to play more against CBJ. Koskinen sure does decent against them. As if he is holding a grudge against someone in CBJ.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He sits at 51st overall amongst forwards in the league in points and is top 60 in goals in a 31 team league. Under what definition is that ineffective as a top 6 forward.
Few teams I could see him being their #1 center let along a top 6 forward.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I like the Nuge so I am respectfully ignoring your constant belly aching about him :p

What I will say is this though, Nuge was on a career pace for most of the season, he's fallen off and its been noticeable. It was also noticeable in the 16-17 playoffs. His physicality is naturally slight, we've all been waiting for him to get stronger, faster, bigger etc. to reach his full potential (which I still think is really high). But he hasn't. And late season slumps and injuries early on in his career have shown this. I think it's time for him to get serious about his off season training and maybe not have his little brother as his main personal trainer. A full off season at Bio Steel and I bet we have an elite Nuge.

Here are Nuge's career stats in march and April.

129gp 40g 59a 99pts

As far as an 82 game pace this equates to

25.4g 37.9a 62.9 pts

So it does not look like the late season slumps and injuries really happen all that often.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If they miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round and their UFA's take off things could get fugly.

So Ferland then? As if having cap magically means that we will be getting good players to come here to this tire fire of an organization? Get ready for Clarkson version 3.o.

I've watched a team where Gagner was our best player so I can totally relate.

Kassian at one point had about a hit a game when he was playing in an energy role. He was a ghost for much of last season. He's playing well lately and I'm happy to see that, but let's get off the "Kass has been a consistently good player for us" type insinuations because that is far from the truth.

and that WAS a very depressing time to be an Oilers fan. I don't disagree, at all. Thank heavens we have McDrai.

Agree with Kass as well. He was so inconsistent the the team and media just assumed trade demands.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

For one McD plus Nuge w/o Draisaitl run negative EV goal differential. Ask yourself how that is even possible. McDrai together own the league whether it be EV or PP. They outscore opponents to the tune of 1G better every 60mins (and while playing on a bad lineup) On PP they are often the only thing good about our PP. In 3 on 3 they are basically unstoppable.

Nuge gets points playing on PP, playing with McD, but he's generating much of them. That he has 1 assist in the last 6 weeks, and that was a 2nd assist on a PP. Ask yourself how a player of Nuges calibre that plays on the first unit PP constantly with generational allstars has 1 assist since Feb 7 in 20GP. I don't even know how that's possible. That to me is indicative of not generating much in terms of production or helping others.

In contrast Drai last night has an easy chance to feed McD for a goal or to nab one himself. He selflessly allows lots of time for Nuge to walk in and the goalie is surprised and Nuge scores. But when is Nuge every making that pass? When is he creating well?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It always amazes me how some people would rather a player fail so they can validate their opinion instead of enjoying when the team wins a game.

That noise you hear is the fun being sucked out of the pgt.

It amazes you that people have difficulty experiencing joy in a meaningless win late in another joke Oilers season perpetrated by the same sorry org that is doing the same types of things that has caused this org to have very limited success for decades?

Yeah, joy in a game where the Jackets were eyeing up what golf courses would be available. Nah, didn't really experience that. Lately my habit is to see how fast I can watch 6o minutes of this teams latest inanity.

But the only thing I garnered from last night is not understanding how the Jackets could win games or why they thought they were a playoff lock.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Great work on the Brods goal. I can see Currie being a fan favorite. You have to hand it to him, every year he has gotten better. This kid played in Summerside, PEI and then went upward. Not drafted but he never stopped. I'm a big fan

Josh Currie Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Gambardelli made some nice plays on that as well. I do get confused as the numbers are similar and I'm less familiar with either player. From a distance I have trouble picking out the #43 from the #45.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad