Post-Game Talk: If Reider had scored, we'd probably of won 5-1

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
All that fire and determination and he's still not as good a player as Nuge lol.
He isn’t paid 6M though is he? Kass is a fine player for 1.9M. If Nuge is as good as everyone here thinks he is he should bring a great return in a trade. No?

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
He isn’t paid 6M though is he? Kass is a fine player for 1.9M. If Nuge is as good as everyone here thinks he is he should bring a great return in a trade. No?

I think everyone can agree RNH is the best forward on the team, in 1 out of every 22 games.

Source: Eyes

Reactions: Messrules11

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He isn’t paid 6M though is he?

Correct. Because he's not as good. Which tells you something about how much "fire and determination" matters.

If Nuge is as good as everyone here thinks he is he should bring a great return in a trade. No?

If he's as good as we say he is, why would we trade him? You don't win by constantly cycling out good players. The last few years are evidence of that.

If the answer is "to fill some holes" I'd invite you to look at what players who are certainly superior to Nuge with comparable salaries and ages have returned in trades over the past few years because you'd find the answer is "not a helluva lot".

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Okay. This team isn't in a spot to move one of our only good players for f***ing parts though.

That's like saying "I'm pretty ugly, Imma chop off my nose, sell it and use that money to replace my missing teeth"

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
How sad is it that we are comparing nuge to gagner to make him look good. Fact is, we make the conference finals 2 years ago if nuge showed a pulse. We probably are fighting for a playoff spot this year if he doesn't disappear down the stretch also.

I know math is hard but you are aware that the Oilers have been basically done and dusted playoffs-wise since December, right?

Nuge is not a big game player. Doesn't have the drive to be great. He will play a long time in this league but wont make much of a difference. If we can move him for a cheap winger and pick up a guy like kadri, we will be better off.

Yeah because this team's been in so many big games in his career. What a pile of piffle.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
So we are running RNH out of town now? Good plan as we have lots of guys to pick up the slack once hes gone. FFS. Our forward depth is AHL caliber outside of 5 guys.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Correct. Because he's not as good. Which tells you something about how much "fire and determination" matters.

If he's as good as we say he is, why would we trade him? You don't win by constantly cycling out good players. The last few years are evidence of that.

If the answer is "to fill some holes" I'd invite you to look at what players who are certainly superior to Nuge with comparable salaries and ages have returned in trades over the past few years because you'd find the answer is "not a helluva lot".
So you would prefer guys that just go through the motions and collect a pay cheque? Great, this team will never make the playoffs with that philosophy. Let’s just keep wasting the McD window with the status quo then. Trading Hall was stupid, it should have been Nuge. Let’s trade a MVP winger so we can pay Nuge to be a 3rd line center and play wing because we have no wingers.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So you would prefer guys that just go through the motions and collect a pay cheque?

If they produce, I don't care. Anyway, I reject your armchair psychoanalysis.

Let’s just keep wasting the McD window with the status quo then.

Right because trading Nuge and doing nothing are the only options. Good lord.

Trading Hall was stupid, it should have been Nuge. Let’s trade a MVP winger so we can pay Nuge to be a 3rd line center and play wing because we have no wingers

Imagine hating the Hall trade but not actually understanding why the trade was bad.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Okay. This team isn't in a spot to move one of our only good players for ****ing parts though.

That's like saying "I'm pretty ugly, Imma chop off my nose, sell it and use that money to replace my missing teeth"
What parts? Trade Nuge, use Rieder’s 2M and spend 8M on a difference maker.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

Imagine hating the Hall trade but not actually understanding why the trade was bad.
You Nuge lovers make me sick. Enjoy the basement

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Who is the $8 million difference maker that is going to come to Edmonton?

"Come to Edmonton, we have McDavid. Oh, you don't get to actually play with him, but how does having Joe Gambardella and Josh Currie as your wingers sound? I mean we'd love to get someone better, but we're paying you $8M and Leon and Connor $21 mil so we're a little strapped at the moment."

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I would love to know what Kassian said to Connor that made Connor laugh and give him a shove.

Despite all the crap this year, little things like that make it easier to swallow. I think the locker is a much tighter than people realize.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

You mean acquiring a #1 D which Nicholson still has on the top of his things to do list? There was no reason for the trade, and it certainly didn't help the club. Maybe I'm not understanding your last point.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You mean acquiring a #1 D which Nicholson still has on the top of his things to do list? There was no reason for the trade, and it certainly didn't help the club. Maybe I'm not understanding your last point.

Well, the trade was bad for a lot of reasons, but my point is speaking to the fact that it represented a bleed out of talent for less than fair value, which is exactly what you'll get if you trade nuge at this juncture. If anything, trading Nuge at this point is even worse because you could at least make the argument that the Oilers had forward depth when they dealt Hall. They sure don't have that now.

Reactions: Faelko

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well, the trade was bad for a lot of reasons, but my point is speaking to the fact that it represented a bleed out of talent for less than fair value, which is exactly what you'll get if you trade nuge at this juncture. If anything, trading Nuge at this point is even worse because you could at least make the argument that the Oilers had forward depth when they dealt Hall. They sure don't have that now.

Thanks for clarifying. Agree with that.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
You can’t honestly believe we’re in the basement because of RNH?
In 8 years he is the one constant. For this being his career year take away his pp points and he has 37 points and is -16, only Larsson is worse at -22

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
In 8 years he is the one constant.

Same thing people said about Hall. And Eberle.

For this being his career year take away his pp points and he has 37 points and is -16, only Larsson is worse at -22
[/quote

Sure it's a career year but what if we just pretended some of those points just didn't exist! Not so great now, huh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad