If Nashville wins the Cup which trade looks worse for the other team?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd also say they won the Ryan Johansen/Seth Jones trade as well, though it was a pretty logical trade. I'd say more than Subban for Weber straight up was.

I don't think they destroyed them in that trade though, like the other two trades we've talked about in this thread.

As evidenced by this year's post season run, the Subban/Weber deal was the the final crack in the dam that was holding back Nashvilles potential.

But the Johansen/Jones deal was a solid one (edge to Nashville) and the Forsberg/Erat deal (Washington still can't sit down with a donut) built the momentum to get to this place.

I think Jones/Johansen is the most even trade in recent NHL history. Both sides won because they got exactly what they wanted, so I don't think its fair to give either team an edge.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Def Forsberg. Can you imagine Forsberg with the Caps right now? I think he might have put them over the hump and into the East finals.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Subban trade will be worse simply because of how much media coverage it received.

But WSH must be kicking themselves. Can you imagine Forsberg on this year's Caps team? But no...

Martin fing Erat

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think Jones/Johansen is the most even trade in recent NHL history. Both sides won because they got exactly what they wanted, so I don't think its fair to give either team an edge.
I tend to agree with this. I know Columbus fans seemed apprehensive at first, and for good reason, but this was a textbook win/win trade.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Def Forsberg. Can you imagine Forsberg with the Caps right now? I think he might have put them over the hump and into the East finals.

He would have certainly filled a void that team was missing. That roster would have been scary deep.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Doesn't matter how the playoffs end. That MTL deal was just bad. Weber is coming to an end of his prime years whereas Subban is just starting his. In 3 years they won't even want to talk about it in MTL.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Subban trade easily

The Foresberg is the far bigger rip off, however the Preds had Forsberg for a few years and didnt go far. Once someone was stupid enough to trade a #1 PMD in his prime to them, they end up winning the cup in the first season since the trade. That SHOULD cost someone their job tbh. :laugh:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Subban trade easily

The Foresberg is the far bigger rip off, however the Preds had Forsberg for a few years and didnt go far. Once someone was stupid enough to trade a #1 PMD in his prime to them, they end up winning the cup in the first season since the trade. That SHOULD cost someone their job tbh. :laugh:

Subban joining the Predators isn't the only reason why Predators are better.

Ellis being the best he has ever been. Arvidsson breakout. Rinne being great in the playoffs. Those are other reasons. I would say Forsberg being Predator at the cost of nothing that would effect them now is bigger impact then swapping of Subban and Weber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad