If Marc Bergevin is fired, who do you want for next Habs GM ?

Next Habs GM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Happy to see me candidate in the mix. Madden Jr. has all the qualities required, and he's bright, for a change.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Martin Madden seems like the best francophone candidate.
And I would add : he's one of the top candidates, all languages included. You could say that Martin has been more of an anglophone over the last 15 years than a francophone. LOL. He's been working in the US for so long. And he's a McGill graduate.

Reactions: Weber Fan

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Madden Jr seems like the best candidate. Young, chomping at the bit, actually educated.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Hiring scouts and HC candidates isn't the overarching issue with Montreal. Bergevin hired Mellanby, Burke etc. and other guys who are well respected in hockey circles. He hired Bouchard and Ducharme.

Bergevin's issue is that he wouldn't pick a clear direction or long term strategy and he hasn't built any internal analytical knowledge base.

Roy quit the Avs because he didn't like the direction Sakic was taking the team (the direction that led them here). He's not going to make the kind of changes Montreal needs.

Says a lot if he didnt like the direction they were heading. Look at them now. Best thing Mtl can do is avoid Roy.

Enough with the Springsteen Glory Days, find someone fresh!

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Hiring scouts and HC candidates isn't the overarching issue with Montreal. Bergevin hired Mellanby, Burke etc. and other guys who are well respected in hockey circles. He hired Bouchard and Ducharme.

Bergevin's issue is that he wouldn't pick a clear direction or long term strategy and he hasn't built any internal analytical knowledge base.

Roy quit the Avs because he didn't like the direction Sakic was taking the team (the direction that led them here). He's not going to make the kind of changes Montreal needs.
I know but you said that Roy would't want to surround himself with guys like Madden Jr but he did in the Q, why would't he do it in the NHL ? And I don't think Radulov would have hurt the Avs rebuild

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I really like Madden Jr but the only thing that bother me a little bit is his lack of experience in the management part. I would have prefer if he had 4-5 yrs as experience as AGM. That being said, if they feel that he's ready go for it ! Because he's a really good hockey guy

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
In Arpon Basu's most recent Q & A he mentioned that he thinks Joel Bouchard will be considered.
I actually taught when they were talking about bringing Bouchard with the Habs that he was coming in the management and that we would have a Bouchard-Ducharme duo in the futur but it's seem that he want to be a coach.

Reactions: Canadienna

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know but you said that Roy would't want to surround himself with guys like Madden Jr but he did in the Q, why would't he do it in the NHL ? And I don't think Radulov would have hurt the Avs rebuild

No, I said he wouldn't get a Gilman type in the front office. I said its unlikely that Madden chooses to take the same job under Roy that he has with the Ducks.

And to touch on the Dubas thing, he was an AGM first, and he developed a unique, data driven scouting and training program in the OHL. Thats more than just hiring smart guys.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Im not liking the choices. This requirement for french Canadians may have worked years ago since there were many great GMs and coaches but now there is not as many.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Bill Belichick

Even though he probably doesn't know shit about hockey he'd find a way to exploit the system and get us one or even multiple cups

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know if he really want a job in hockey. I mean he's not even the president of the Moosehead

Its been so long since smith was in the nhl. The coyotes were still playing in Phoenix when he had that job, in that funky looking arena with the obstructed seats.

So much has changed including two lockouts, and a cap system since he left the scene. It's alot of change for a guy in his 60s now.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
No, I said he wouldn't get a Gilman type in the front office. I said its unlikely that Madden chooses to take the same job under Roy that he has with the Ducks.

And to touch on the Dubas thing, he was an AGM first, and he developed a unique, data driven scouting and training program in the OHL. Thats more than just hiring smart guys.

Oooh my bad then, but I'm not offering him the same job he has in Anaheim. I add him the GM job the AHL team (what he doesn't have in Anaheim) and I would even be willing the add VP of hockey operation to his title if it can help him. My goal is too have a 2 head monster but I agree that he will most likely stay in Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad