Speculation: If Boyle is out "a while", who might get called up?

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
So you do think they go the route of two d? Or were Demers and Irwin taking turns on the top pp not at the same time?

I think I'd rather have irwin replace Boyle for now there as I think Demers can qb a pp better then Irwin and the top line forwards can pp for themselves better than the second unit.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So you do think they go the route of two d? Or were Demers and Irwin taking turns on the top pp not at the same time?

I think I'd rather have irwin replace Boyle for now there as I think Demers can qb a pp better then Irwin and the top line forwards can pp for themselves better than the second unit.

1 d-man. I'd guess Demers steps in for Boyle, though Marleau and Couture are pretty capable of acting as PPQB in the short term if that doesn't work.

Irwin will probably be on the 2nd PP unit, likely with Braun but I think they'll give Vlasic some PP time on the 2nd unit as well.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Reading Kurz' question thing and he says Tennyson and Doherty are the two most likely guys to be called up. What in god's name is Robinson seeing in Doherty that none of the rest of us are?

(http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/kevin-kurzs-sharks-chat-transcript-101613)

I'm not saying Kurz is wrong, but those were the last two d-men sent to Worcester before the season started so he could just be going off of that.

I'm also pretty sure Doherty has passed Petrecki on the depth chart but that doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to an actual NHL call up as Petrecki's experience might still be worth something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad