Speculation: If Boyle is out "a while", who might get called up?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He was definitely knocked out. He's going to be out a while with the concussion potentially being a problem. The neck twist may be a concern as well. We'll have to see what they report but man that was a rough ride. Tennyson is going to get some time, that's for sure.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
He was definitely knocked out. He's going to be out a while with the concussion potentially being a problem. The neck twist may be a concern as well. We'll have to see what they report but man that was a rough ride. Tennyson is going to get some time, that's for sure.

With the way he played in the pre-season wouldn't be shocked to see them call up Albetshauser.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
There's no guarantee that Tennyson sees any time.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
There's no guarantee that Tennyson sees any time.

Ya, they have 6 healthy d-men that they'll probably use in Dallas, just slot Stuart in with Irwin, and from there it'll depend on what they find out about Boyle and how the 6 D they have play.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ya, they have 6 healthy d-men that they'll probably use in Dallas, just slot Stuart in with Irwin, and from there it'll depend on what they find out about Boyle and how the 6 D they have play.

They would only do that if they don't have any options cap-wise. They don't want to only go with the bare minimum on D in case something happens between now and the game in Dallas. They do have options if they so choose but we'll see.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
They would only do that if they don't have any options cap-wise. They don't want to only go with the bare minimum on D in case something happens between now and the game in Dallas. They do have options if they so choose but we'll see.

I'd imagine they'll call someone up, I don't think that someone will be playing in the next couple of games.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd imagine they'll call someone up, I don't think that someone will be playing in the next couple of games.

Considering the type of player that Boyle was and what Stuart is, it would be a good idea to put a guy of Tennyson's skills into the game. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't just due to their perceived value in what Stuart-Hannan did at one point but I don't think it's the best thing for them to do.

i wouldn't put it past shannahan to still use the repeat offender against him. especially considering both his previous bad hits have been against the sharks.

and also if what couture said to the media after this game is true and lappierre was chirping about taking players out just before he took boyle out.

If he uses that suspension in his explanation as something against him, it will get appealed and lowered. And the chirping thing is only going to be substantiated by an official if it were to be utilized for a punishment. They can't go off of what a victimized player's teammate is saying. And that is going to be very difficult.

whlscowt

Guesses as to who will be called up on defense? Gotta think Tennyson or Petrecki.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Guesses as to who will be called up on defense? Gotta think Tennyson or Petrecki.

I think they'll go with the D they have for the next couple of games and if they play well, stick with it so I'm not sure who they'll bring up to sit in the press box. Petrecki is as good a guess as any.

That said, I'd imagine they'll want to bring up a right side d-man who can move the puck and add some offense so I'm guessing Tennyson, though they weren't exactly happy with his play through camp and pre-season.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
.....................Stuart is coming back so just in time but it would have been nice to see Hertl on defense, imagine him that much closer to the opposing goalie than when at forward. :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Havlat, Torres, now Boyle... If this team can keep winning with those three out long-term than I would be insanely impressed.

We have 6 healthy "NHL" defensemen on the roster, so I don't imagine a kid will get into a game... I wouldn't be shocked to see Petrecki up to sit as the 7th.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
move Burns back to D
play Irwin with Hertl & Jumbo
use more drop passes on zone entries
stop blocking shots and clear the lane so Niemi can see the puck
go back to read-and-react diamond PK system
refuse to call timeouts when our players are gassed and are asking for a timeout before a big power play

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Sit Stuart and play Tennyson. Not joking.

I doubt that happens, but
Vlasic-Tennyson
Irwin-Braun
Hannan-Demers

Us greater than

Vlasic-Braun
Irwin-Stuart
Hannan Demers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad