Speculation: If Anaheim decides to rebuild at trade deadline and offseason

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
So much wrong from you once again...
1. We aren't going to do a rebuild. Not with this defensive core and goalie.
2. Most our players are not injured. It's Kesler, Kase are the only ones out long term that would have an impact. Perry, Silf, and Miller are close to returning.
3. Anaheim youth carrying Kesler? What? He's played with Cogs and Silf majority of the time and he hasn't played with Terry or Jones at all.
4. Kes is not going to hang them up when he still has 3 years left on his deal. Players are not just going to retire and giving up millions. Especially someone like Kesler, if the team gives him the ok to play he will play that's just the kind of player he is. If he can't he'll LTIR until his contract is up.
5. We don't need to move Manson, we don't have a player like him in our system, he's young enough to be a part of a retool.
6. Liljegren is a good prospect, but not one that we necessarily need and definitely shouldn't be one of the main pieces if we traded Manson.

The best course of action is to let this season play out, move Silf for whatever (ideally a 1st), draft where ever, fire Randy in the offseason, and let Gibson and a hopefully better ran defensive core with our young forward prospects making the leap. We do not need to sell off players to move up in the draft or sell low on guys and going into a rebuild.

That’s fine by me. If you want to deal with mediocrity and cusp of play off contention gameplay do you. But what I’m saying is real.

We have the pieces to make this team Top Level NHL caliber off this draft. Right now? This team has been utterly awful the past 3 years. I came up with a plan. And we should stick by it.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You don’t know that. Liljegren isn’t chump change either. Sure the first included will be late. But if that’s the offer from the leafs I’m sure if available someone will throw the kitchen sink for him.

Once again look at the mock draft 1-15 are literally centers. And we found Getzlaf at 19th. We can find another one again

The 03 draft was a complete anomaly. There was a tiny handful of players out of the 1st round that didn't play in the NHL, and over half of them are *still* quality NHL players. A huge percentage of them qualify as stars, if not superstars. With a draft class that featured Fleury, Weber, Bergeron, Backes, Perry, Richards, Kesler, Burns, Parise, Seabrook, Brown, Carter, Suter, Byfuglien, Vanek, Staal, and Pavelski along with a cast of lesser players, is it surprising that Getz fell to 19? I would hope you're not anticipating this years draft to match that one.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This draft is stacked with good centers. This draft is in no way shape or form even comparable to hollands draft class. Lots of pro NHL players are in this one. Read the scouting report all the way down to Suzuki at 12/13 in the mock drafts. That’s why I’m aiming for a top 15 pick ++ for Manson. You’ll understand once you read the scouting reports.

You might want to go back and check the hit rate on guys drafted outside of the top 5 even in the strong drafts. A very small percentage turn out to be franchise players from 6-30.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yah I knew Toronto would jump on that Muzzin deal. Now Anaheim Rebuilds In off season.

Hey Murray! You just got outplayed by your rival.

Look at the ratings HFboards no one even watches ducks hockey anymore.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
yeah lets just say we disagree on the value of those players. They are legitimate prospects.

If you were suggesting either of them as a centerpiece for Fowler, let's say we.

"Throw in" may have been a poor choice of words, but those would very much be secondary pieces in a Fowler discussion.

If the Ducks decide by draft day they are ready to part with Fowler for cap/up coming expansion/Jacob Larsson readiness reasons, I don't think the proposed deal by MMC seems out of reason.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If you were suggesting either of them as a centerpiece for Fowler, let's say we.

"Throw in" may have been a poor choice of words, but those would very much be secondary pieces in a Fowler discussion.

If the Ducks decide by draft day they are ready to part with Fowler for cap/up coming expansion/Jacob Larsson readiness reasons, I don't think the proposed deal by MMC seems out of reason.

I don't disagree...I think I was just caught up in semantics is all. I would actually prefer to deal Walsh over Davies if given the choice even though I love both of them

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This team gets worst and worst every year. From knocked out in first round of playoffs to this year not even making the playoffs. And it’s not even our back end. It’s the forwards and center group. This team needs a shakeup. We need to give our scouting team a chance to find talent with more draft picks. And that’s why we should be all in on shopping players.

Enough of mediocrity. Time to establish ourselves for the future. If that takes Manson? So what our forward core cant be saved by him anyway. You’re acting like he’s Scott Niedermayer for Christ sakes. Let me tell you HES not!
Oh gee he really needed to be told. A late first for Manson is still atrocious roster management. You are entirely too fixated on the value of draft picks. The best chance to get a legit player drops after first overall through the top ten. Past that the chances get lower and lower by the pick. Manson may not be an HHOF worthy legend but he is absolutely the level of asset that should justifiably demand a proven commodity coming back rather than a mystery box. Regardless of how good Anaheim's scouting is.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Oh gee he really needed to be told. A late first for Manson is still atrocious roster management. You are entirely too fixated on the value of draft picks. The best chance to get a legit player drops after first overall through the top ten. Past that the chances get lower and lower by the pick. Manson may not be an HHOF worthy legend but he is absolutely the level of asset that should justifiably demand a proven commodity coming back rather than a mystery box. Regardless of how good Anaheim's scouting is.

Kapanen and First was involved. The fact you didn’t read the leafs statements of the fans is now Moot. Kings win they got there Defenseman need

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So glad we didn't move any of our D for that Toronto package. Not even Kapanen was in that trade, i'd take Kapanen over the likely 29th pick in the draft.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
We need Kesler to LTIR. If he continues to play as badly as he was, at his cost, we are in trouble.
If Silfv is looking for a payday, we will probably trade for prospect/draft picks.
Manson is almost impossible for us to replace, so would have to be a whopper of a deal for Anaheim.
Fowler could be a trade target. As good as he is, we have Fowler light prospects coming.
Can’t imagine Getz waiving. His wife is from here and he has a big young family, plus, he is not a problem, he’s a benefit.
Perry’s recovery will be an important key. He needs to be able to produce a little more than he was, and hopefully be able to move better.

If our prospects steel, comtois, terry, Sherwood, etc continue to improve,,we have great depth, and need to use Fowler, Silfv or sometching to find a top line center to replace getz

Reactions: Desert Duck

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kapanen and First was involved. The fact you didn’t read the leafs statements of the fans is now Moot. Kings win they got there Defenseman need
I don't give a shit if Kapanen was involved. It's not worth it to Anaheim. Defensemen like Manson don't grow on trees and if they want to do a quick rebuild rather than go the Edmonton/Buffalo route, which should be the case given that Gibson's best years are now and within the next 5 to 7 years, then they can't afford to be cavalier with assets like Manson. That trade doesn't make Anaheim any better and the odds that the now traded pick would've made the package of that player+Kap better than Manson are sketchy at best.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
interesting...NJ has plenty of cap space and they have a couple of college DMan prospects probably ready to sign this offseason in Reilly Walsh and Jeremy Davies

Honestly, the Ducks should move Silfverberg and Henrique before Fowler. If all 3 of those guys get moved then the Ducks go into a mini rebuild.

Reactions: Mallard

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Honestly, the Ducks should move Silfverberg and Henrique before Fowler. If all 3 of those guys get moved then the Ducks go into a mini rebuild.

I would love Silf but he is UFA so the Devils won't be trading assets for him. Would love him in the summer though

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I don't give a **** if Kapanen was involved. It's not worth it to Anaheim. Defensemen like Manson don't grow on trees and if they want to do a quick rebuild rather than go the Edmonton/Buffalo route, which should be the case given that Gibson's best years are now and within the next 5 to 7 years, then they can't afford to be cavalier with assets like Manson. That trade doesn't make Anaheim any better and the odds that the now traded pick would've made the package of that player+Kap better than Manson are sketchy at best.

This is how silly you sound. Gibson’s best years are 5/7 years and prime right now with out a formidable offense. We can say the same about Manson’s prime as well. We literally have no forward core outside of rakell who can follow suit in there prime at the moment.

So you’re basically saying we should tuck face and develope crappy prospects who are literally AHL level caliber while everyone else is priming right now. The team is old as crap and declining. Kapanen would be peaking with our goalie and defense right now if he was here along with Rakell.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This is how silly you sound. Gibson’s best years are 5/7 years and prime right now with out a formidable offense. We can say the same about Manson’s prime as well. We literally have no forward core outside of rakell who can follow suit in there prime at the moment.

So you’re basically saying we should tuck face and develope crappy prospects who are literally AHL level caliber while everyone else is priming right now. The team is old as crap and declining. Kapanen would be peaking with our goalie and defense right now if he was here along with Rakell.
Who in the hell are you referring to here?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Who in the hell are you referring to here?

Do you not know how to read? He’s saying Gibson is in his prime and has 5 to 7 years and so is Manson right now. We have Rakell in his prime same with Montour. Rest are AHL call up garbage and most are elderly cannon fodder. If you trade Manson and bring in Kapanen we can make use of the prime time of his career next to Rakell and get this forward group back on track.

Manson is expendable we could have traded Prime Manson for prime Kapanen ++ and actually pushed for a playoff spot.

Now all your “prime” argument is down the drain because you’re certainly wasting it with this forward lineup.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do you not know how to read? He’s saying Gibson is in his prime and has 5 to 7 years and so is Manson right now. We have Rakell in his prime same with Montour. Rest are AHL call up garbage and most are elderly cannon fodder. If you trade Manson and bring in Kapanen we can make use of the prime time of his career next to Rakell and get this forward group back on track.

Manson is expendable we could have traded Prime Manson for prime Kapanen ++ and actually pushed for a playoff spot.

Now all your “prime” argument is down the drain because you’re certainly wasting it with this forward lineup.
Still wondering who you think our "garbage prospects" are.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

So with Anaheim's defense in the toilet to the point that our Vezina caliber goalie's stats are looking more and more pedestrian by the game, your solution is to trade one of our two best defenders to try to make a playoff push? Okay buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad