Speculation: If Anaheim decides to rebuild at trade deadline and offseason

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Lets face it most of our players are injured in the most pivotal part of the season. Anaheim youth is carrying Kesler right now. And so many other issues condensing itself.

What can Anaheim get for some of our players so we can move up in the draft? Right now we are in contention to get Suzuki which is a good center, but I don’t think he’s ready for the bigs. Kesler is likely to hang em up in the off season, so Anaheim needs to make this draft and off season count.

I liked Toronto’s Manson idea in a previous thread. There draft pick 1st 2019 can land us a good Left Wing in the draft that I have my eye on, and we also get Liljegren a tough D prospect we can groom. There was also noticeable adds.

Anyways Anaheim should be looking at all possibilities at this point in time and I’m curious what you think they are. This team is dead in the water

Isn’t Kesler owed something like 20 million over the last 3 years of his deal.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Manson is such a perfect fit for the leafs it's not even funny. Problem being, the Ducks dont really need a rebuild, they need a retool and hes still young enough to stick around. That being said, I'd hope Dubas would offer up something decent for Manson. A first and a prospect and maybe something else less significant.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Manson is such a perfect fit for the leafs it's not even funny. Problem being, the Ducks dont really need a rebuild, they need a retool and hes still young enough to stick around. That being said, I'd hope Dubas would offer up something decent for Manson. A first and a prospect and maybe something else less significant.
Sabres could,should, and would top that with a better first and more adds.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly every team in the league would offer a 1st and prospect for manson…. you guys are on the ladder end of the 1st chart, and your prospect pool isn't steller, I imagine you guys would be easily out bid.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Ducks have an elite goalie, and a very good cost controlled backend.

They could probably fix things without a total rebuild. They are not a disaster.
Yep we just need to get out of those bad contracts.... Kesler, eaves, and perry are killing us right now. A bad season could do us a lot of good if we can grab someone like Turcotte, dach, newhook etc to add to Steel/lundestrum/Henrique down the middle I think wed be in a really good place. And its not like Getzlaf is garbage... he will still be an effective player for another 4-5 years at least.

We have young mobile defense, we have a great young goalie, we have all sorts of variety of wingers … you want skill we got rakell, kase, terry, sprong ... you want more physicality we got shore, Ritchie, jones, comtois.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hmmm ... so:
Fowler and Silfverberg for:
Schenn
Blais
Dunn
Gunnarsson
Id do any of those really trades you offered.... I like dunn/schenn the cap dumps are whatever no biggie.... idk much bout blais… but blues have tons of decent forward prospects that id have interest in.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Would love for the Leafs to go after Manson and Comtois (who was drafted with a Leafs pick!)

2019 1st, Liljgren, Brown, and 2020 3rd in 2020 (1st if they make finals in 2019 or 2020, 2nd if they make the ECF in 2019 or 2020)
Pretty sure it says “ducks rebuild”... why would they trade Manson and comtois when those are key pieces of their rebuild? A late 1st, a property D that’s no where near as good as Manson and brown??? Oh and some meh draft picks. I am not even a ducks fan and I’d pass!

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Trade Getzlaf and Perry for futures + average roster players.
Sign Duchene and Stone

I think they'd be competitive at that point.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Isn’t Kesler owed something like 20 million over the last 3 years of his deal.

He’s injured all the time. I don’t see him playing past this season. There’s only so much a body can take. That’s just my perspective on it.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
It will be interesting to see how the Ducks play their cards over the next few years. They have aging expensive forwards. Gibbson is a stud. And they have a great blue line are all at the age to be finishing their development or just entering their prime.

They are not a bad team, just not a great team. I think a retool at forward if the team could pull it off without retaining a lot of AVV to move forwards around would be the more wise and easier path than a full rebuild.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Anaheim flips Ferland to another team. We'll say Pittsburgh.
the 2nd is trade is f***ing egregious

Reactions: Dabeast

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Anaheim flips Ferland to another team. We'll say Pittsburgh.

Why on earth would Carolina want to add 2 defenders??? They should trade a defender for forward help, not the other way around.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
It will be interesting to see how the Ducks play their cards over the next few years. They have aging expensive forwards. Gibbson is a stud. And they have a great blue line are all at the age to be finishing their development or just entering their prime.

They are not a bad team, just not a great team. I think a retool at forward if the team could pull it off without retaining a lot of AVV to move forwards around would be the more wise and easier path than a full rebuild.

That’s why it’s a great discussion on where we go in this situation. Kesler has been awful for seasons yes seasons plural. And this team is barely .500 now. Injuries are gonna carry us to a 5-8 range draft pick which I’ll take the L with this season. But I would like to see what we can get future wise this trade deadline and what we can get this off season.

Lets be honest the product on the ice isn’t even watchable at this point. Half our team is practically call ups from AHL due to injury plague.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Hampus Lindholm is 24
NOT 34

he would not be involved in any sort of rebuild trade.

I would still have Manson available for the right price. Lots of stud centers are available this draft. And we need one. Just like we found Getzlaf there should be one in this draft that we can groom.

Literally 1-15 are centers in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad