Speculation: If Anaheim decides to rebuild at trade deadline and offseason

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Lets face it most of our players are injured in the most pivotal part of the season. Anaheim youth is carrying Kesler right now. And so many other issues condensing itself.

What can Anaheim get for some of our players so we can move up in the draft? Right now we are in contention to get Suzuki which is a good center, but I don’t think he’s ready for the bigs. Kesler is likely to hang em up in the off season, so Anaheim needs to make this draft and off season count.

I liked Toronto’s Manson idea in a previous thread. There draft pick 1st 2019 can land us a good Left Wing in the draft that I have my eye on, and we also get Liljegren a tough D prospect we can groom. There was also noticeable adds.

Anyways Anaheim should be looking at all possibilities at this point in time and I’m curious what you think they are. This team is dead in the water

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Ducks are in a pretty decent position. They have a fantastic goalie of the future. They have a lot of solid prospects. Rakell should in no way be traded simply due to that contract and also his production the past two seasons.

I’d say if Silf isn’t in the future plans he’s the best candidate to fetch a decent return. They could probably afford to ship out a defenseman for a nice return as well.

I wonder if Getzlaf would even consider waving his NMC. He’s already won a cup and he’s been in Anaheim for so long. I’m not sure how much interest he’s have at 33 uprooting his family if he’s already won the cup once.

They should probably just let their forward prospects develop in the minors for the remainder of this year and see if they can inject them into the lineup next year and let their vets not have to carry such a load.

Maybe ship Fowler to someone for a nice return with minimal cap coming back and take a stab at Panarin in UFA? Or maybe try and ship Fowler for a left hand top 6 forward. It looks like most of your top 6 is heavily right shot. May help to add if the powerplay is an issue.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Ducks are in a pretty decent position. They have a fantastic goalie of the future. They have a lot of solid prospects. Rakell should in no way be traded simply due to that contract and also his production the past two seasons.

I’d say if Silf isn’t in the future plans he’s the best candidate to fetch a decent return. They could probably afford to ship out a defenseman for a nice return as well.

I wonder if Getzlaf would even consider waving his NMC. He’s already won a cup and he’s been in Anaheim for so long. I’m not sure how much interest he’s have at 33 uprooting his family if he’s already won the cup once.

They should probably just let their forward prospects develop in the minors for the remainder of this year and see if they can inject them into the lineup next year and let their vets not have to carry such a load.

Maybe ship Fowler to someone for a nice return with minimal cap coming back and take a stab at Panarin in UFA? Or maybe try and ship Fowler for a left hand top 6 forward. It looks like most of your top 6 is heavily right shot. May help to add if the powerplay is an issue.
Silf is a playoff warrior, I really like him! I think Anaheim should hang on to him, but, (as I posted on our own sub-forum), I think he is a guy the Blues should target this off-season.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Silf is a playoff warrior, I really like him! I think Anaheim should hang on to him, but, (as I posted on our own sub-forum), I think he is a guy the Blues should target this off-season.

I honestly don’t see us adding much in the terms of forwards during free agency.

I think we would be best suited either working on contracts with Schenn/Pietro. Figuring out our goaltending situation. Then solidifying the defense.

Fowler from Anaheim is actually someone I would like to target to play with Pietrangelo if possible. We lack a top pair Left d man.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I would not expect anything from your 2019 draft to help you next season unless you won a lottery pick.

With Manson you likely get a better offer for him predrsft than at deadline.

Same with Getzlaf ...he is very expensive salary to take at deadline. Anageim would have to take salary back ir retain the max amount at the time of the trade which would be the % left in the season which is around 21% at the deadline.

You aren’t going to get the farm fir Getz...he is too old and figures t just pkay out this contract. Had he been 26-28 you’d get a lot more. Best is a 1st a non top 5 prospect and maybe an additional prospect but you likely need to retain ir get salary back.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lets face it most of our players are injured in the most pivotal part of the season. Anaheim youth is carrying Kesler right now. And so many other issues condensing itself.

What can Anaheim get for some of our players so we can move up in the draft? Right now we are in contention to get Suzuki which is a good center, but I don’t think he’s ready for the bigs. Kesler is likely to hang em up in the off season, so Anaheim needs to make this draft and off season count.

I liked Toronto’s Manson idea in a previous thread. There draft pick 1st 2019 can land us a good Left Wing in the draft that I have my eye on, and we also get Liljegren a tough D prospect we can groom. There was also noticeable adds.

Anyways Anaheim should be looking at all possibilities at this point in time and I’m curious what you think they are. This team is dead in the water
Only injured players we have are Kase and Kesler

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Meh, they are ok at best. Their roster isn't all that special, regardless of how much fans hate Carlyle. It's too old and has too many holes in the forward core, though the defense should be better than it has performed. Idk if they need to blow it up, but they definitely need a significant retool.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

Would love for the Leafs to go after Manson and Comtois (who was drafted with a Leafs pick!)

2019 1st, Liljgren, Brown, and 2020 3rd in 2020 (1st if they make finals in 2019 or 2020, 2nd if they make the ECF in 2019 or 2020)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Anaheim flips Ferland to another team. We'll say Pittsburgh.

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Lol arent the ducks giving up the best 3 players in the islanders deal?

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Isles win that on value but it’s way too many pieces and would probably mess with team chemistry, what about just those draft picks and hosang or dal colle for Rakell

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Both of these trades are godawful for Anaheim

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
NYI:
Hampus Lindholm
Adam Henrique
Rikard Rackell

Anaheim:
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Brock Nelson
Josh Ho-Sang
1st 2019
2nd 2019

Carolina:
Cam Fowler
Michael Del Zotto
Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim:
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Michael Ferland

Why don’t we trade our mediocre pieces for Barzal, Leddy and Nelson while we are at it?

Reactions: LuG61 and Mallard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad