Speculation: If Anaheim decides to rebuild at trade deadline and offseason

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would still have Manson available for the right price. Lots of stud centers are available this draft. And we need one. Just like we found Getzlaf there should be one in this draft that we can groom.

Literally 1-15 are centers in the draft.
Mansons value will never be worth the trade.

People will say hes not a true #1, they will try to value him at a #3 or #4.

Wed prob get a 1st + prospect for him tops(and not a top 10 1st, prob 20-32 range)

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Mansons value will never be worth the trade.

You don’t know that. Liljegren isn’t chump change either. Sure the first included will be late. But if that’s the offer from the leafs I’m sure if available someone will throw the kitchen sink for him.

Once again look at the mock draft 1-15 are literally centers. And we found Getzlaf at 19th. We can find another one again

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lindholm would only be traded for a Draisaitl tier player if they did decide to trade Lindholm.
I can't see them ever considering that unless they end up picking Byram in the draft

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Manson is such a perfect fit for the leafs it's not even funny. Problem being, the Ducks dont really need a rebuild, they need a retool and hes still young enough to stick around. That being said, I'd hope Dubas would offer up something decent for Manson. A first and a prospect and maybe something else less significant.

Manson would only be available in a hockey trade. So a significant roster piece would need to be coming to Anaheim, not futures.

And by a significant roster piece I don’t mean third liners or depth players.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Ducks have an elite goalie, and a very good cost controlled backend.

They could probably fix things without a total rebuild. They are not a disaster.

They could fix things very easily but the GM is too stubborn to pull the trigger on the firing of Carlyle.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You don’t know that. Liljegren isn’t chump change either. Sure the first included will be late. But if that’s the offer from the leafs I’m sure if available someone will throw the kitchen sink for him.

Once again look at the mock draft 1-15 are literally centers. And we found Getzlaf at 19th. We can find another one again

We got Getzlaf 19th 14 years ago. We haven’t found anyone close to a Getzlaf since. You’re more likely to get Peter Holland than Getzlaf with a low first.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

"Literally" apparently doesn't mean what you think it does, multiple wingers and D ranked top 15.

Drafting a 1C at #19 overall sixteen years ago is pretty poor reasoning to trade Manson for a late 1st now.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Would Liljegren + 1st work as a basis for Manson?

EDIT: The reason you see Liljegren in Leafs proposals is not because he is bad, but because he is only 19 and is likely 1/2 years away from being a Leaf let alone playing in the top 4. Leaf's need someone RIGHT now and Liljegren is obviously not ready for what they need a RHD to do.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Idk 1st + liljer +

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
We got Getzlaf 19th 14 years ago. We haven’t found anyone close to a Getzlaf since. You’re more likely to get Peter Holland than Getzlaf with a low first.

This draft is stacked with good centers. This draft is in no way shape or form even comparable to hollands draft class. Lots of pro NHL players are in this one. Read the scouting report all the way down to Suzuki at 12/13 in the mock drafts. That’s why I’m aiming for a top 15 pick ++ for Manson. You’ll understand once you read the scouting reports.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
"Literally" apparently doesn't mean what you think it does, multiple wingers and D ranked top 15.

Drafting a 1C at #19 overall sixteen years ago is pretty poor reasoning to trade Manson for a late 1st now.

You haven’t read this years draft class so what you say is moot. Majority of the top 15 are centers. And even follows suit down to around 25. If you’re going for a franchise centerman this is the class you try for. Read any website you want regarding 2019 draft class. You’ll be surprised on what you just said and the centers available.

Edit: 8 of the top 15 are centers. Just so you know that.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He’s injured all the time. I don’t see him playing past this season. There’s only so much a body can take. That’s just my perspective on it.

20 million is a lot. At worst he goes to Robidas island. Netter hope it is insured

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You haven’t read this years draft class so what you say is moot. Majority of the top 15 are centers. And even follows suit down to around 25. If you’re going for a franchise centerman this is the class you try for. Read any website you want regarding 2019 draft class. You’ll be surprised on what you just said and the centers available.

I realize the draft is center heavy, but that's not what you said. You literally said the top 15 is literally all centers, which is not the case.

Anyway like I said, that's not sound reasoning for moving a key player in exchange for a late 1st. Regardless of how you see the draft shaping up, a late 1st has a very low chance of ever reaching Manson's level of impact.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I realize the draft is center heavy, but that's not what you said. You literally said the top 15 is literally all centers, which is not the case.

Anyway like I said, that's not sound reasoning for moving a key player in exchange for a late 1st. Regardless of how you see the draft shaping up, a late 1st has a very low chance of ever reaching Manson's level of impact.

This team gets worst and worst every year. From knocked out in first round of playoffs to this year not even making the playoffs. And it’s not even our back end. It’s the forwards and center group. This team needs a shakeup. We need to give our scouting team a chance to find talent with more draft picks. And that’s why we should be all in on shopping players.

Enough of mediocrity. Time to establish ourselves for the future. If that takes Manson? So what our forward core cant be saved by him anyway. You’re acting like he’s Scott Niedermayer for Christ sakes. Let me tell you HES not!

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Lets face it most of our players are injured in the most pivotal part of the season. Anaheim youth is carrying Kesler right now. And so many other issues condensing itself.

What can Anaheim get for some of our players so we can move up in the draft? Right now we are in contention to get Suzuki which is a good center, but I don’t think he’s ready for the bigs. Kesler is likely to hang em up in the off season, so Anaheim needs to make this draft and off season count.

I liked Toronto’s Manson idea in a previous thread. There draft pick 1st 2019 can land us a good Left Wing in the draft that I have my eye on, and we also get Liljegren a tough D prospect we can groom. There was also noticeable adds.

Anyways Anaheim should be looking at all possibilities at this point in time and I’m curious what you think they are. This team is dead in the water

So much wrong from you once again...
1. We aren't going to do a rebuild. Not with this defensive core and goalie.
2. Most our players are not injured. It's Kesler, Kase are the only ones out long term that would have an impact. Perry, Silf, and Miller are close to returning.
3. Anaheim youth carrying Kesler? What? He's played with Cogs and Silf majority of the time and he hasn't played with Terry or Jones at all.
4. Kes is not going to hang them up when he still has 3 years left on his deal. Players are not just going to retire and giving up millions. Especially someone like Kesler, if the team gives him the ok to play he will play that's just the kind of player he is. If he can't he'll LTIR until his contract is up.
5. We don't need to move Manson, we don't have a player like him in our system, he's young enough to be a part of a retool.
6. Liljegren is a good prospect, but not one that we necessarily need and definitely shouldn't be one of the main pieces if we traded Manson.

The best course of action is to let this season play out, move Silf for whatever (ideally a 1st), draft where ever, fire Randy in the offseason, and let Gibson and a hopefully better ran defensive core with our young forward prospects making the leap. We do not need to sell off players to move up in the draft or sell low on guys and going into a rebuild.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Relying on finding a franchise center in a mid/late 1st is probably not a great idea.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Coach :(

Need center and defense prospects and picks.... ultimately if we move fowler its to open cap

interesting...NJ has plenty of cap space and they have a couple of college DMan prospects probably ready to sign this offseason in Reilly Walsh and Jeremy Davies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad