Speculation: If Anaheim decides to rebuild at trade deadline and offseason

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Steel and Max Jones looked like crap on there early call ups. Aren’t ready for the bigs by a long shot.
Steel looked like crap on a team where everyone looked like crap, veterans included? Gasp.

That doesn't mean he's a long shot for the bigs, bud. I appreciate anyone's right to an opinion but man you've got some hot takes.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Steel and Max Jones looked like crap on there early call ups. Aren’t ready for the bigs by a long shot.
It's comments like these that make me wonder if you're really just a troll who doesn't really watch Ducks games. Jones was never called up earlier this season, he's played 4 nhl games which have been our last 4 games. Him with Terry and Grant have looked good, he knows how to use his size to his advantage; hell the way he can control the puck along the boards reminds me of Getzlaf. Steel will most likely be NHL ready next season, he was fine in the NHL when on the PP but was outmatched by his size so another wear of development should mean he's ready next year. If not, we still have Terry, Kase, Sherwood, Comtois, Lundestrom, and whoever we draft this year.

Last edited:

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
So, wouldn’t a team rebuilding, need to build around strengths?
And isn’t it smartest to move from depth, or financial escape.

Many don’t seem to recorgnize that most Ducks fans do not believe Manson is A Norris guy, but he IS the only one of his type in our organization. Big, strong, a bit mean, can chip in points. Nobody we have can replace what he brings, so moving him would leave a void we cannot handle.

We have a number of skilled defensemen and even with the moves we’ve made, losing Theodore and Vatanen,we still have some potential in the pipeline. Fowler would be tough to lose, but he has great value to some teams, and moving his contract wouldn’t be bad.

If we don’t believe we can resign Silfv, his playoff record would bring some pretty nice return.

We can retool without gutting ourselves, but it will take some very impressive maneuvering by Murray, and a little luck. Mostly a contract like Keslers being moved to LTIR or something like it.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Steel looked like crap on a team where everyone looked like crap, veterans included? Gasp.

That doesn't mean he's a long shot for the bigs, bud. I appreciate anyone's right to an opinion but man you've got some hot takes.

So aren’t you basically agreeing with me? That this forward group needs an upgrade. Even with drastic injuries our youth can’t even carry the dead weight when called upon, and have plenty of minutes to prove themselves.

If Murray doesn’t care about the product on the ice and it’s a wash for the season. Atleast get some assets for a rebuild. Plenty of really really good talent in this draft that are NHL ready. And Anaheim is cheap. This is right up there alley building through drafts and untapped talented prospects via trade.

Enough said

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So aren’t you basically agreeing with me? That this forward group needs an upgrade. Even with drastic injuries our youth can’t even carry the dead weight when called upon, and have plenty of minutes to prove themselves.

If Murray doesn’t care about the product on the ice and it’s a wash for the season. Atleast get some assets for a rebuild. Plenty of really really good talent in this draft that are NHL ready. And Anaheim is cheap. This is right up there alley building through drafts and untapped talented prospects via trade.

Enough said
Our youth is carrying Derek Grant right now. Silf and Cogs couldn't carry Kesler, but you expect rookies to do better? Ridiculous. Hughes may not even be NHL, let alone "plenty of really really good talent that are NHL ready." Do you even follow this team, like seriously? Or are you just a troll?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Enough said
No I'm not agreeing with you and no it's not enough said. A package of Kapanen plus a late first could break even in terms of value or even benefit Anaheim more than what they lost but the odds of that are slim even with an arguably top 5 scouting staff. Manson is proven and in a role that isn't commonly found in the NHL. That's what makes him a coveted asset.

And to quickly change the subject to Sam Steel since you seem so down on him, do you even remember how we got Sam Steel? A late pick from Toronto. Now, if Steel ends up being a top 6 forward that makes him a relative steal. But you could just as easily miss completely in the bottom 20.

If you're talking about trading a team's second most reliable defender who not that long ago, before Carlyle started f***ing everything up, was one of the league's top shot suppressing defenseman...and the goal of such a trade is to build towards the future, you don't waste an asset like that on a sub 20th overall pick. Anaheim's offense may be in the toilet right now but that's just as much because of the man behind the bench if not more than the ones sitting on it. You're acting like there's some alarming need to stock the cupboards with forwards even if it means gambling on the low end of the first round. We don't know how Terry, Kase, Steel, Comtois, and Lundestrom will do if/when Carlyle gets the boot. I'm not opposed to moving Manson but not for a lower chance mystery box than other teams can provide.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015

Enough said

I don’t know what is worse, your ideas or your grammar.

Reactions: NetflixandPhil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad