Proposal: If #65 Karlsson wants out

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
You’re real big calling someone a kid when you can’t even read properly. I said it would take severe overpayment. Never said those teams should do it. That’s what it would take for the Sharks to CONSIDER moving him.

No team would offer a top line player for a guy who can barely stay healthy. And you did not say that in the post, im not blind so stay in school, closest you're getting to a top line player would be Okposo, Lucic, Erickson and pluses on them to even it out, not a single team has 12M to spare for a guy who could very well be declining rapidly

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Norris has been excellent for us ,21 goals and 38 points in 40 games as a rookie in the ahl,Balcers has been great in the AHL as well shown some at the nhl level....Tierney has been ok and Demelo has improved and is our best RHD ..I still hate the trade from our end ,but there is some solid cheap depth and potential for more in that list

Norris doing well in the AHL wouldn’t make the NHL sharks not suck this year. Glad to hear DeMelo is doing well but adding him back here wouldn’t improve the Sharks.

they need to address top 6 forwards and in goal to fix what ails them. Even if we undid the trade and kept all the pieces we traded we still would’ve sucked this year and had little depth.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No team would offer a top line player for a guy who can barely stay healthy. And you did not say that in the post, im not blind so stay in school, closest you're getting to a top line player would be Okposo, Lucic, Erickson and pluses on them to even it out, not a single team has 12M to spare for a guy who could very well be declining rapidly
You are correct I didn’t say that. I had it in there but deleted it. If that’s all we are getting then why the hell would we move him? Honestly people act like players HAVE to be moved. We will gladly keep him. We are VERY happy with him. We aren’t taking a shit player, a cap dump, and some shit picks for a D who’s on pace for over 70 points. That’s just asinine.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
It kind of is when neither of your top 2 defensemen care about defense.

defense isn’t what us hurting the sharks. If EK and Burns became defensive juggernaughts the sharks would still suck this year. Because we have 2-3 top 6 caliber forwards on the roster and the leagues worst goalies.

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
You are correct I didn’t say that. I had it in there but deleted it. If that’s all we are getting then why the hell would we move him? Honestly people act like players HAVE to be moved. We will gladly keep him. We are VERY happy with him. We aren’t taking a **** player, a cap dump, and some **** picks for a D who’s on pace for over 70 points. That’s just asinine.

I'm not saying to trade him, im just saying you're not going to get a superstar for him let alone a top line player, EK wasn't worth 10M and never will be.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm not saying to trade him, im just saying you're not going to get a superstar for him let alone a top line player, EK wasn't worth 10M and never will be.
You’re right he’s worth 11.5. You act like he’s Scott Hannah in his last year here. He’s going to put up close to 75 points this season and really hasn’t been that bad. He will make one mistake every few games and it gets blasted like that’s what he does on every play when really he’s the one breaking up the plays.
For the panthers maybe but it's worth a shot
Bob hasn’t been much better than Jones and his contract is longer and twice as much. Yandle is no where near as good as EK.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
You’re right he’s worth 11.5. You act like he’s Scott Hannah in his last year here. He’s going to put up close to 75 points this season and really hasn’t been that bad. He will make one mistake every few games and it gets blasted like that’s what he does on every play when really he’s the one breaking up the plays.

Bob hasn’t been much better than Jones and his contract is longer and twice as much. Yandle is no where near as good as EK.

You honestly think EK is the best defenseman in the NHL? you think hes McDavid money? You think hes a generational player? Because 11M in this cap is generational money

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019

Bob has the pedigree to rebound and be the Sharks' new Nabokov, Yandle has been better than Karlsson and doesn't have a franchise killing contract. It reconfigures the Sharks into a team that has a chance to compete which they don't while Jones is in goal

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You honestly think EK is the best defenseman in the NHL? you think hes McDavid money? You think hes a generational player? Because 11M in this cap is generational money
Yep. I do. Also you’re not factoring in that as he loses his value the cap will go up and you’ll see plenty of players get more than him.
Bob has the pedigree to rebound and be the Sharks' new Nabokov, Yandle has been better than Karlsson and doesn't have a franchise killing contract. It reconfigures the Sharks into a team that has a chance to compete which they don't while Jones is in goal
Bob has had ONE good season in the playoffs. Yandle has not been better than Karlsson ever.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yep. I do. Also you’re not factoring in that as he loses his value the cap will go up and you’ll see plenty of players get more than him.

Bob has had ONE good season in the playoffs. Yandle has not been better than Karlsson ever.

Younger, better players yeah sure, but the nhl is passing a substantial learning curve about overpaying their older players.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
And? If you’re going by that logic Thornton’s contract goes until he’s 40. Between now and when his contract expires, the cap will go up substantially.

Now you're comparing a dman to forward when they age differently? Wow you're so out to lunch that every argument you've put forth is bland and invalid

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cause Karlsson wants out (going with the thread)
If he wants out we want prospects. That means we are rebuilding
Now you're comparing a dman to forward when they age differently? Wow you're so out to lunch that every argument you've put forth is bland and invalid
Yeah you’re right they do age differently. Dmen play longer. See Lidstrom, Chara, shit most dmen thay don’t suffer extreme injuries.

also assuming you’re a flames fan (user name) EK would be third on your team in scoring. AS A DEFENSEMAN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad