Confirmed with Link: Ian Scott 1 of 3 Goalies Invited to Canada WJC Camp

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Rask>>>>>>>>>Pogge>>>>Gustavsson>Reimer in terms of estimated peak potential (at the time) when they were Leafs

congrats to Scott. If he or Woll (or anyone else at some point) can become a Top-10 starter in his prime for the Leafs, this team is blessed. Great goaltending in itself is not a sufficient condition to Stanley Cup contention, but arguably the most necessary piece of the puzzle.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
As an aside......Woll seems to be putting up really good number despite being on a bad Boston College team .
11GP 3-6-2 record, with 1 shutout. 2.17 GAA and .925 SV%

re: Scott - does anyone know if his numbers (which are fantastic) are more a product of being on a dominate team (26-1!!!!)?

Reactions: The Cobra

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Great news! I love when Leaf prospects make the Canadian team, it’s been awhile.

Still remember fondly Reilly, Kadri making big contributions... hell, even Coliacovo, Ian White and Pogge played big roles on team Canada

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Great news! I love when Leaf prospects make the Canadian team, it’s been awhile.

Still remember fondly Reilly, Kadri making big contributions... hell, even Coliacovo, Ian White and Pogge played big roles on team Canada

How can you forget Kyle Wellwood too! One of the best goals you'll see!!!!

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

it's been like a couple years

don't forget marner exists lol

Reactions: supermann_98

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
seems like being the starter for the the Canadian WJC team usually catapults a prospect into the upper echelon of goalie prospects at least for a while. I haven't watched that closely but would someone who has consider Scott as inching towards that Hart/Sorokin/Samsonov conversation or is that premature?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
seems like being the starter for the the Canadian WJC team usually catapults a prospect into the upper echelon of goalie prospects at least for a while. I haven't watched that closely but would someone who has consider Scott as inching towards that Hart/Sorokin/Samsonov conversation or is that premature?
Quite pre-mature. Those guys had track records of high-level performance to fall back on. While I love the step forward Scott has taken this year, and he has amazing tools, half a season of elite performance doesn't compare to those guys. Woll is still probably the best goalie prospect in our system.

Reactions: Terrible GM

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Quite pre-mature. Those guys had track records of high-level performance to fall back on. While I love the step forward Scott has taken this year, and he has amazing tools, half a season of elite performance doesn't compare to those guys. Woll is still probably the best goalie prospect in our system.
fair to say that neither is a top 10 goalie prospect at this point then? I always find goalies very hard to peg unless they're 1st round picks

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If the starting position is being given to the hot hand, Scott should be the starter.

Scott is not an unknown to Canada. He played u17 and u18 for the National Team.

DiPietro has also played National Team games. He was cut from the team last year but was invited to be the 3rd stringer at the World Championships.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Scott was definitely added for his secondary scoring prowess! Come on, why not add another scorer from our goal crease. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad