Confirmed with Link: Ian Scott 1 of 3 Goalies Invited to Canada WJC Camp

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The WHL is a part of the CHL.

CHL includes WHL, OHL and QMJHL.

That poster I’m sure knows that. His question was is Scott #1 in the entire CHL or just WHL (not that it’s a small feat but obviously #1 in all 3 leagues is better)

A question I’m also interested in.

Reactions: Tonka

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
But he wasnt Canadian. Rask was clearly the better prospect (1st round pick, won goalie of the tournament) but our idiot management group bought into the WJC hype train that takes over this country ever winter for Pogge. Or its likely they felt there would be considerable backlash trading the "star" Canadian goalie prospect.

I don't remember Pogge being that highly regarded at the time of the trade.

The Rask for Raycroft deal was a head scratcher, but the thinking was "okay, we got a former Calder winning goalie, he's 25 yada yada yada and Pogge may be something special yet."

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
His stats are the best in the entire CHL after a quick look.

By a fair bit too. Like the guy, until this week, only lost one game and was in like a 20 game win streak.

Then he lost in a shootout to the worst team in the WHL and a 1-0 game. I am pretty sure that is going to be the only way he loses the majority of his games this year.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm a fan of Woll and Scott, they're both big and doing really well in their respective leagues. Hoping to see them with the Marlies soon and see what they can do there.

Reactions: hullsy47

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm a fan of Woll and Scott, they're both big and doing really well in their respective leagues. Hoping to see them with the Marlies soon and see what they can do there.

sure sounds like as soon as woll's season is over he is turning pro. Boston college have already signed his replacement apparently. So Woll starting for the marlies in march/arpil possibly

Reactions: Liminality

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
sure sounds like as soon as woll's season is over he is turning pro. Boston college have already signed his replacement apparently. So Woll starting for the marlies in march/arpil possibly

Does Woll need to wait until he’s done with BC to sign an ELC?

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Does Woll need to wait until he’s done with BC to sign an ELC?
I believe NCAA players can leave whenever they feel "ready". Once they sign an ELC they aren't eligible to return. I assume we see Quinn Hughes sign his ELC next summer and leave the NCAA after just two years. If Woll is going to lose playing time to the new goalie coming in, and the Leafs have a spot for him then I assume he signs and comes to Toronto.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I believe NCAA players can leave whenever they feel "ready". Once they sign an ELC they aren't eligible to return. I assume we see Quinn Hughes sign his ELC next summer and leave the NCAA after just two years. If Woll is going to lose playing time to the new goalie coming in, and the Leafs have a spot for him then I assume he signs and comes to Toronto.

If Quinn signs in the summer, doesn’t that mean he can’t play NCAA anymore base on your comment “Once they sign an ELC they aren’t eligible to return”?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

If Quinn signs in the summer, doesn’t that mean he can’t play NCAA anymore base on your comment “Once they sign an ELC they aren’t eligible to return”?

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Yes, this is his second NCAA season, I assume he turns pro next year. My point being, he doesn't need to play the full 4 years, and can leave when they please.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Yes, this is his second NCAA season, I assume he turns pro next year. My point being, he doesn't need to play the full 4 years, and can leave when they please.

Gotcha, I misunderstood. I thought you were implying he would sign his ELC and leave 2 years after.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Bob said Dipietro is likely the #1 for Canada with Scott being the #2. Hoping he has a great Tourney!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not against the idea of Scott going into the tourney as the backup, without the pressure of being the top guy for Canada, but stealing the job if the #1 falters a bit. A good news story.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
you know how they have the NHLe points comparison to leagues chart? is there also one for goalies?.

It feels like Woll has been significantly more consistent and better than scott, but im not sure how NCAA goalies and CHL goalies can be compared

daner

Feb 18, 2009
On the broadcast last night Bob mentioned Scott is an unsigned leafs prospect. Can someone please explain why he wouldn’t be sign at this point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad