Ian Cole ejected for interference, loses fight badly to Tom Wilson

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Ok, so we are talking about the post season, where one team has been way more successful.
You mad bro?
capitals-penguins-ap-18122149262468.jpg

tom-wilson-hit-headshot.jpg

tom-wilson.jpg

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
i'm surprised Cole has played so bad that Avs fans already want to trade him, all i heard from them in the beginning of the season was how good he was for them.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
i'm surprised Cole has played so bad that Avs fans already want to trade him, all i heard from them in the beginning of the season was how good he was for them.

Grit players tend to shine when the team is playing well and look horrible when the team is doing badly and needs to make things happen with the puck.

Reactions: egelband

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
He deserves a concussion?

Nobody deserves a concussion...
He’ll be alright. He got his concussion from a pursuit that is and always has been an integral and legal part of the game. The lesson is this, if you’re gonna throw a chickenshit, cheap, headshot be prepared for somebody to try to cave your face. Cole got off easy, Wilson got tired of the way the DOPS goes about their business and decided Cole should sit at least a game, I for one think he should also forfeit his salary to the Players Emergency Relief Fund.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He’ll be alright. He got his concussion from a pursuit that is and always has been an integral and legal part of the game. The lesson is this, if you’re gonna throw a chicken****, cheap, headshot be prepared for somebody to try to cave your face. Cole got off easy, Wilson got tired of the way the DOPS goes about their business and decided Cole should sit at least a game, I for one think he should also forfeit his salary to the Players Emergency Relief Fund.

It wasn't a chicken shit sheapshout though...

Stay classy though

Reactions: egelband

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
that was an ass kicking.
loath to praise Wilson but attaboy

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
It wasn't a chicken **** sheapshout though...

Stay classy though
It absolutely was a chickenshit, cheap, headshot. What exactly about any of that do you disagree with?

Here’s the simple fact if Tom Wilson makes the hit Cole did here there would be a 30-page tearfest from whatever team he made the hit against deploring it as an obvious headshot and clamoring for a 20-game suspension. If you want me to feel sorry for Cole you’ve got another thing coming.

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Not Cole's fault he's bigger and faster....am I doing this right?
All we know for sure is he IS NOT BIGGER OR FASTER than Wilson.

Nice to see the username back buddy hope we see you in the POs. Visnovsky gonna be back in the lineup by then? Maybe your namesake’ll get a jersey for a game or two.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He’ll be alright. He got his concussion from a pursuit that is and always has been an integral and legal part of the game. The lesson is this, if you’re gonna throw a chicken****, cheap, headshot be prepared for somebody to try to cave your face. Cole got off easy, Wilson got tired of the way the DOPS goes about their business and decided Cole should sit at least a game, I for one think he should also forfeit his salary to the Players Emergency Relief Fund.

I usually dislike players policing themselves, but yeah, this one worked out fine. The DoPS isn't doing shit, Cole was ready to drop 'em, and that was a cheapshot, so I have no problem with Wilson doing what he did.

That said, 1) DoPS still needs to start doing their job. 2) I hate seeing guys get jumped after clean hits. This.. wasn't that, though.

Reactions: Lurch

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Now pretend that hit was made by Wilson on Pajama Boy

I honestly wouldn't be that upset... certainly not calling it a 'chickenshit' play.

Kuznetsov was skating towards Cole... Cole reacted to an anticipated collision. Cole didn't look to make a hit, it was simply a reaction to someone skating into him.

Listen, I'm neutral in this... I have no affiliation with the Avs...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It absolutely was a chicken****, cheap, headshot. What exactly about any of that do you disagree with?

Here’s the simple fact if Tom Wilson makes the hit Cole did here there would be a 30-page tearfest from whatever team he made the hit against deploring it as an obvious headshot and clamoring for a 20-game suspension. If you want me to feel sorry for Cole you’ve got another thing coming.

:clap::clap:

I only wish Wilson had been on the ice to destroy Tanev as well. Kuznetsov missed two weeks after that cheap shot.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I honestly wouldn't be that upset... certainly not calling it a 'chicken****' play.

Kuznetsov was skating towards Cole... Cole reacted to an anticipated collision. Cole didn't look to make a hit, it was simply a reaction to someone skating into him.

Be reacted you mean changed direction and hit him on purpose? Cool, cool.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I honestly wouldn't be that upset... certainly not calling it a 'chicken****' play.

Sure, but it also doesn't mean you're right.. I'm neutral as well and see it as a cheap shot. No reason to cut left as he did, he ended up in the back of his own teammate 100 feet away from the puck.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Sure, but it also doesn't mean you're right.. I'm neutral as well and see it as a cheap shot. No reason to cut left as he did, he ended up in the back of his own teammate 100 feet away from the puck.

LOL, he didn't cut left though... he was preparring for the contact that was coming towards him... thats it.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
"Kuzentsov skates into Cole"

HF Outraged: "What a chicken shit player, totally deserves the concussion Wilson gave him, and should have a 3 game suspension on top of that".

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
LOL, he didn't cut left though... he was preparring for the contact that was coming towards him... thats it.

Just an an FYI: taking one hand off the stick and raising your elbow up to swinging position is not "preparing for contact" .. its preparing to elbow someone which is never a legal move.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad