Ian Cole ejected for interference, loses fight badly to Tom Wilson

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Hmmmmm where did that come from? Do you realize that I didnt say that Kuzy was faking on the play in question? All I did was say it was possible to fake the injury and then still have to go through concussion protocol and that I had seen it before. I think the player may have been Gaudreau.
I'm not sure why you brought up the play when Ovie and Oshie ran into each other. Sounds like you are getting defensive.

You know better as always. The original discussion was that Kuzy was faking because he layed on the ice holding his head but was ok to return and win the game in OT. That he was selling it for the penalty. I pointed out Ov and Oshie because Ov layed on the ice holding his head. Left for concussion protocol and returned after missing about 10 mins of the game and returned uninjured. Kuzy reacted the way Ov reacted. The results were the same. Ov had nothing to sell.

But like I said. You know better.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
That’s good to hear. Perhaps that better sleep you’ll be getting will help you actually respond to my inquiry. You know, informing us all of a SINGLE incident where Wilson has gone out of his way to deliver a headshot ostensibly without a majority of BODY CONTACT, precisely as I implored you do.

Don’t worry I won’t lose any sleep waiting for your response as I’m sure with the criteria I’ve presented you, you don’t have one.
Try googling “Tom Wilson Zach Aston-Reese” and you’ll see Wilson throwing his shoulder directly into Aston-Reese’s head resulting in a broken jaw.

Unless you think he hit him in his body and the vibration shot up and fractured his jaw. [mod]

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You know better as always. The original discussion was that Kuzy was faking because he layed on the ice holding his head but was ok to return and win the game in OT. That he was selling it for the penalty. I pointed out Ov and Oshie because Ov layed on the ice holding his head. Left for concussion protocol and returned after missing about 10 mins of the game and returned uninjured. Kuzy reacted the way Ov reacted. The results were the same. Ov had nothing to sell.

But like I said. You know better.
I know what the original discussion was and I never said he was faking. I said it was possible to fake the injury and still have to go through concussion protocol. And pointed out that I had seen it happen before.
You are starting a debate where there isnt one. Maybe it is you that is unsure if Kuzy was faking or not. I havent made a comment either way.
And yes I do know better.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I know what the original discussion was and I never said he was faking. I said it was possible to fake the injury and still have to go through concussion protocol. And pointed out that I had seen it happen before.
You are starting a debate where there isnt one. Maybe it is you that is unsure if Kuzy was faking or not. I havent made a comment either way.

What are you talking about? I responded to the suggestion that he was faking. That's it. I never said it wasn't possible that he foolishly faked. I said that if he faked he got a 10 minute penalty for doing that. I said that the fact that he held is head and stayed on the ice, yet returned to play was not proof that he was faking because Ovechkin did all the same things when he ran into Oshie.

I am too dense to stick with the brilliance that is you. You may continue this conversation on your own. I am sure you will find that more stimulating. Good night and good luck

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Lol you stuck your nose in between a conversation two other people were having (which you hate, of course) and want to talk about starting a debate. You wrestle with this truth on our board, but it's probably 10x more accurate on this one: it's not about you. Conversation didn't start when you got here, and you're actually going to have to start at the beginning to understand what's going on.

Was pretty easy to track tex's line of thought if you tried. Especially for an unerring genius.

43sfriends

Dec 2, 2018
Try googling “Tom Wilson Zach Aston-Reese” and you’ll see Wilson throwing his shoulder directly into Aston-Reese’s head resulting in a broken jaw.

Unless you think he hit him in his body and the vibration shot up and fractured his jaw. [mod]

They went toe to toe and the smaller player got wrecked. Majority of contact was to the body, which is why ZAR fell straight down without helicoptering around. You want to punish a player for being tall and strong.

People saying Kuznetsov dived on this hit are blind in their seething Caps hatred. The video very obviously shows Kuzy backtracking with eyes toward the defensive zone and shows Cole identify Kuznetsov's path and line up to make a blindside hit. It's not possible to intentionally helicopter your body like that. Furthermore if you've watched Kuznetsov play, he is a soft player but he has literally never dove in his entire career.

Cole got what he deserved and hopefully he'll think twice before trying to injure a skill player next time.

Reactions: shtorm2005

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
They went toe to toe and the smaller player got wrecked. Majority of contact was to the body, which is why ZAR fell straight down without helicoptering around. You want to punish a player for being tall and strong.
The hit was head on so obviously he would fall straight down. The point is that you can’t make the head the principle point of contact, size has nothing to do with it. Being taller than someone is not an excuse that you get to headshot them whenever you want, that’s ridiculous. Wilson needs to aim for the shoulder or chest rather than head. It’s not as if he glanced off another body part and then went to the head, his left shoulder goes directly into ZAR jaw and breaks it. Not a play you want in the game.

He’s not as innocent as the previous poster would like to think.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Lol you stuck your nose in between a conversation two other people were having (which you hate, of course) and want to talk about starting a debate. You wrestle with this truth on our board, but it's probably 10x more accurate on this one: it's not about you. Conversation didn't start when you got here, and you're actually going to have to start at the beginning to understand what's going on.

Was pretty easy to track tex's line of thought if you tried. Especially for an unerring genius.
I know exactly what his line of thought was.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

Wilson destroyed Aston-Reese. He got some of the head but he got a hell-of-a-lot of everything BUT the head as well, that simply cannot be argued. Suggesting he threw "his shoulder directly" into Aston-Reese isn't just wrong, its ignorant of reality. Wilson got a metric ton of Aston-Reese's body to anyone with a pair of eyes.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Wilson destroyed Aston-Reese. He got some of the head but he got a hell-of-a-lot of everything BUT the head as well, that simply cannot be argued. Suggesting he threw "his shoulder directly" into Aston-Reese isn't just wrong, its ignorant of reality. Wilson got a metric ton of Aston-Reese's body to anyone with a pair of eyes.
Can’t believe someone would actually defend that hit. The head (jaw) was the principle point of contact, because the two players were meeting straight on their bodies are going to collide as well. He was elevating to the head so much that he actually went airborne into the bench following contact. He got as much of the head as he could by aiming his shoulder into ZAR jaw.

A player (rightfully) known for dirty hits.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Can’t believe someone would actually defend that hit. The head (jaw) was the principle point of contact, because the two players were meeting straight on their bodies are going to collide as well. He was elevating to the head so much that he actually went airborne into the bench following contact. He got as much of the head as he could by aiming his shoulder into ZAR jaw.

A player (rightfully) known for dirty hits.
I’m sorry you’re delusional. No one sees this hit this way except for someone that’s got an obvious agenda against Wilson. In No Way was the head the Principle nor Initial point of contact.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
I’m sorry you’re delusional. No one sees this hit this way except for someone that’s got an obvious agenda against Wilson. In No Way was the head the Principle nor Initial point of contact.
I guess that’s why he was suspended 3 playoff games for it (equivalent of at least 9 regular season games) because it was a clean hit. Also suspended 4 times over the span of a calendar year.

I have no agenda against Wilson, think he’s a good player and very effective. Has to learn how to keep dirtbag hits out of his game though. Saying he hasn’t had a head shot hit in his career is what is delusional.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The entire league hates Wilson except Washington, and that's why. Bull**** play, hope the refs had enough decency not to give Wilson the instigator for that one.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I guess that’s why he was suspended 3 playoff games for it (equivalent of at least 9 regular season games) because it was a clean hit. Also suspended 4 times over the span of a calendar year.

I have no agenda against Wilson, think he’s a good player and very effective. Has to learn how to keep dirtbag hits out of his game though. Saying he hasn’t had a head shot hit in his career is what is delusional.
Not much that you've said here about that incident is correct. Deferring to the rulings of the DOPS is the height of pathetic, everyone clearly always agrees with their work. The bolded simply has nothing to do with the topic. There's nothing of value to be gained from debating you about a hit that's well in the past so I'm not going to humor that. There is not a single hit in Wilson's career that you can reasonably compare to the chicken-wing that got Cole dusted which is the topic of this thread.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t mind the hit at all. Truly don’t.

Actually need to give the guy credit for taking so many fists to the head and staying on his feet. Wilson did his job.

I should say I kinda love Wilson though, and haven’t minded the majority of his hits.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Not much that you've said here about that incident is correct. Deferring to the rulings of the DOPS is the height of pathetic, everyone clearly always agrees with their work. The bolded simply has nothing to do with the topic. There's nothing of value to be gained from debating you about a hit that's well in the past so I'm not going to humor that. There is not a single hit in Wilson's career that you can reasonably compare to the chicken-wing that got Cole dusted which is the topic of this thread.
My point was that you said he has never targeted the head in a hit when he clearly has.

His hits against ZAR and Sundqvist were both much worse.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
My point was that you said he has never targeted the head in a hit when he clearly has.

His hits against ZAR and Sundqvist were both much worse.
On both of those hits there was a significant amount of body contact. And it’s ridiculous to say Wilson’s hits were worse. A hit to the head is a hit to the head. In Cole’s hit which is the topic of this thread, Cole got little else besides the head which is hard to do without intent to actually hit the head. Wilson’s hits on Aston-Reese and Sundquist demonstrated intent to destroy but there’s absolutely nothing to suggest Wilson “targeted” the head or went into those hits with the intent to hit someone in the head, in contrast Cole’s intent was pretty obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad