I wouldn’t be surprised if Matthews won the Art Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Just like the thread about Matthews not wearing an A was posted without Babcock's full comment where he still called him a leader, yet all the Leafs haters didn't mind that topic being on here. So don't tell me about being consistent.

Again.

You’re not consistent if you think one thread, where it’s negative, is too premature, but saying Matthews is in the running for the Art Ross isn’t.

The only thing that is consistent here, is how you dodge the point.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
You don’t need to agree. It’s my opinion, and there is some good discussion to be had.

Just don’t derail the thread. If you continue, I will need to use the report function on your posts.

There’s better discussion to be had, not three games into the season.

And pointing that out, repeatedly, isn’t derailing a thread. Feel free to report them.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This is the year where Matthews separates himself from the pack.

50+ goals and 100+ points coming.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Again.

You’re not consistent if you think one thread, where it’s negative, is too premature, but saying Matthews is in the running for the Art Ross isn’t.

The only thing that is consistent here, is how you dodge the point.
Yet there are a lot more negative Leafs threads posted on here compared to any positive ones. I know it's early but the stats do show Matthews is currently first in points.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I think he'll have a hard time winning the Art Ross given that McDavid gets 30 minutes of ice time a night. Tonight Matthews got 4 points and only played 16:58 (the Tavares line played ~21 mins).

I do think he has a real chance to lead the league in P/60 though, now that he's playing on a stacked PP unit instead of that stupid 1A/1B thing Babcock tried to do last year, and maybe hit 100 points.

I'm still laughing at how most non-Leafs fans argued all last year that Tavares was better than Matthews. It's not even close.

Reactions: theandroid

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Yet there are a lot more negative Leafs threads posted on here compared to any positive ones. I know it's early but the stats do show Matthews is currently first in points.

In three games. Somehow, this isn’t premature according to you?

Alright that’s enough double standards for me tonight.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Matthews actually has some semblance of a chance at the Art Ross. I wouldn't bet on it happening, though.

We've seen enough of Toews to know he's not winning the Ross (no offense to him/Hawks fans).

Matthews could very well finish the season with 8 pts... it’s just a premature thread.

FTR, yes I do think Matthews has more chances than Toews to win the AR

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I still think McDavid is on a whole different planet so winning the Art Ross would be a huge stretch. But anyone who was complaining a few weeks ago about why Matthews was ranked so high in pretty much every player ranking list should be tuning in to watch this guy play to see why those rankings were justified. He's clearly as good as anyone in the game today not named McDavid. Sure you can fall back on the wait and see until he proves it over a full season argument, but that's not gonna change the fact he's already at that level. All it's gonna do is help convince the doubters of what is already obvious to a lot of people.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
He could win MVP. He looks like he's making the leap to the next level you can't deny it

Yep. Idk about an Art Ross but people just laughing off Leafs fans haven't been watching Matthews this year.

I was at the game tonight. He was simply on another level than every other player from both teams. And his improved acceleration makes him downright scary to watch in person. Big dude who can wheel, snipe, deke and consistently win puck battles. Outside of McDavid I'm not sure how many guys will be clearly better than Matthews this year.

Such a treat to see in person.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
It’s like it’s against the law to talk about a player other then McDavid in regards to the art Ross :laugh: The safe pick is clearly Connor, but nothing is ever a lock in sports because so many variables. Oiler fans getting salty because the only positive about their team is 1 player. Too bad this isn’t tennis :laugh:

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I mean I don't even have a horse in the race and honestly nothing against Matthews. [mod]

Hopefully he will never win a trophy, individual or not simply because this place would be even more unbearable.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It’s like it’s against the law to talk about a player other then McDavid in regards to the art Ross :laugh: The safe pick is clearly Connor, but nothing is ever a lock in sports because so many variables. Oiler fans getting salty because the only positive about their team is 1 player. Too bad this isn’t tennis :laugh:
I believe it was the same thing when talking about other players besides McDavid also winning the Hart Trophy, yet last season Taylor Hall won it and McDavid with good reason was not even a finalist for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad