I wonder if the Bruins will follow suit to repay fans?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
EDITED

I'll take Pie O My's word for it that Jacobs doesn't own the parking. I stand corrected on that.

Last edited:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
And the people saying, "Yeah but there are other places to park cheaper" are missing the point.

Jacobs owns the building. HE is charging his customers $34 to park. This thread his on HIS treatment of his customers. Yeah, I can go somewhere else to park, that doesn't mean he isn't a cheap SOB trying to squeeze as much as he can out of people.

It's 2 separate issues.

i've heard on a couple of different radio shows that he does NOT own the parking rights. For what that's worth.

I still have no idea who owns that empty lot where the old barn stood. Gotta assume it can't be JJ or else he would have done something with it by now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If your a full sth, and attend alot of games, i recommend becoming a member of the museum of science. Free parking after 5. I think its $120 for a calendar year.

Thanks for the info !

Sulllivan Sq works well for people getting on 93 North because it is only 2 stops from the Garden and the traffic isn't as bad as it is near the Garden.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Theres nautica parking garage in charlestown too. $5 for parking and its less than a mile walk. And it usually not packed.

I parked there for a C's game this year. It has gone up to $6 or $7. Can't remember which. Still not a bad deal though.

EDITED

I'll take Pie O My's word for it that Jacobs doesn't own the parking. I stand corrected on that.

He doesn't own it. But beginning this year he took over control of is by signing a long term lease. I believe the lease run till something like 2080.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonbruins/post/_/id/9865/jacobs-plans-expansion-around-garden

Jacobs explained that his Delaware North Company recently signed a 75-year lease with the MBTA for the North Station parking and have already applied for permits for the additional exits that will spill onto Causeway Street once completed.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009
I parked there for a C's game this year. It has gone up to $6 or $7. Can't remember which. Still not a bad deal though.

He doesn't own it. But beginning this year he took over control of is by signing a long term lease. I believe the lease run till something like 2080.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonbruins/post/_/id/9865/jacobs-plans-expansion-around-garden

Came to post something about this too, so I'll just add this link.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/05/03/bruins-lease-garage-from-mbta-plan-mall-style-shops/

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I know its lazy and costs more ! ....... but i like the convenience of the TD parking under the ice . Get in quick for a few cold ones and get out even quicker after the B's win in overtime ;)

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
"Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by AT&T kicks off today at 1:00PM at the TD Garden.

Training camp is open, free to the public, and parking in the North Station Garage will be complimentary from the hours of 11AM - 4PM on a first-come, first-served basis."

There it is! :laugh:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The Bruins announced Sunday morning that each fan attending a game in January will be given vouchers that will allow him or her to get three food or non-alcoholic beverage items per game. The Boston Bruins Pro Shop and fan zones will also be offering all merchandise at 25 percent off during home games in January, with season ticket-holders and Premium Club fans getting 30 percent off.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/bruins-to-o...for-all-january-home-games-as-thanks-to-fans/

I wonder if that means they will only keep Pandolffo and Caron jerseys in stock on game days *sarcasm*

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The Bruins announced Sunday morning that each fan attending a game in January will be given vouchers that will allow him or her to get three food or non-alcoholic beverage items per game. The Boston Bruins Pro Shop and fan zones will also be offering all merchandise at 25 percent off during home games in January, with season ticket-holders and Premium Club fans getting 30 percent off.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/bruins-to-o...for-all-january-home-games-as-thanks-to-fans/

I wonder if that means they will only keep Pandolffo and Caron jerseys in stock on game days *sarcasm*

You should go get a Bergeron jersey. :sarcasm:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
25% off a jersey is the equivalent of free tickets.

Sure is. And it makes me feel bad for my boyfriend and mom who bought me jerseys for Christmas at full price. :laugh: Even worse, as a STH it would have been 30% off.

RG617

Jul 14, 2008
Boston, MA.
Also heard something on 98.5 about opportunities to get a tour of the garden from Bobby and skating lessons from Ray. That right there is some smart PR.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sure is. And it makes me feel bad for my boyfriend and mom who bought me jerseys for Christmas at full price. :laugh: Even worse, as a STH it would have been 30% off.
Just the jersey will be discounted. Still have to pay full price for the lettering.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007

Nice job Bruins!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
To paraphrase John Kerry.... weren't you against this before you were for it?

I wasn't against anything. I was curious as to the rationale, and pretty positive that no matter what the team offered it wouldn't be enough for some folks. I also thought the level of entitlement/expectation was a bit ridiculous, but never once did I say I was against it.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I wasn't against anything. I was curious as to the rationale, and pretty positive that no matter what the team offered it wouldn't be enough for some folks. I also thought the level of entitlement/expectation was a bit ridiculous, but never once did I say I was against it.

Could you please quote the posts where people said they were entitled? I can't find them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad