I wonder if the Bruins will follow suit to repay fans?

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Friendly reminder.

1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists.

debate the points of how you feel ownership should try and get back in the good graces of fans but DON"T insult the other side with sweeping generalization type comments.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I agree that teams like Phoenix & Tampa Bay have to go the extra mile in this situation as their fan support is precarious at best.

I also agree that it would be good business for the Bruins to show their customers that their loyalty is respected & appreciated. Not holding my breath though, organization is blind/deaf when it comes to customer relations.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
How much can you expect from a guy who in the midst of a Championship celebration takes a pot shot at a team Legend turned Team President who helped build the Cup Winning Team?

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Sadly, insulting the team president is a "good interview" in this town.

I don't think it was meant to be an insult. You really think JJ was trying to insult cam? I think JJ just can't talk to save his life. Saying Cam never won as a player was not meant to insult him as it is a team sport. It was meant to say it's about time we got one for Cam. But I am sure people can see that as an insult as well if they want.

It's all in how you want to take it but if you think about the situation I think JJ was trying to say we finally got one for Cam and it came out wrong.

I mean have you ever heard the guy give an interview? He rambles on and makes no sense half the time. I think he is a very very bad interview and does not speak well in front of a camera to get his message across. Which is probably the reason why he hardly ever gives an interview to begin with.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
As pointed out earlier, if the Bruins played in Flatulence, Nevada, they'd be doing this stuff. Here's why: teams like Phoenix and Tampa do this kind of stuff anyway (not to these extremes, sure). They can just do things they'd basically do normally (ever see those Coyotes playoff game ticket prices?) and disguise at is a thank you to the 39 people who cared in the first place.

This statement would hold water if it were the only Phoenix and Tampa's of the league doing this stuff post lockout. But as I already pointed out, Pittsburgh is doing it too :naughty:

The pens are in a northeast climate, are a current winning team (usually a playoff team) and they have a similar lengthy season tickets wait list as the B's do. Their tickets prices are also very similar to the B's.

The fact the pens are going over and above throws out anyones argument that JJ shouldn't try to follow suit. Sure he doesn't have to. But it does (in a very small way) attempt to put his money where his mouth is...as far as his dry public apology went the other day.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Valid points but as STH we agree to pay certain amounts at specific times for services rendered at a certain time which due to the lockout the Bruins didnt hold up their end of the bargain - thus the apologies from the NHL and Bruins owner. Try being 3 months late on your ticket plan payment and see how that goes over with the Bruins. LOL. The fans did nothing wrong. I dont see anyone pissing and moaning on here rather the point of thread is pointing out the franchises that are going the extra mile for their fans.

...Oh there were a few (I am not saying you) ...and they repeated themselves many times.

I understand being disappointed ( I was) but if you chose option #2 you were refunded any games that were canceled.

All the STH I know were aware that there might be a lockout.

I feel bad for the folks who work at and near the Garden. They were the ones who were really screwed by this (especially after loosing half the basketball season last year).

I am not saying it was the best way to handle everything for the STH but some folks will complain about anything and everything. It's always the same people/ fans

There was no good way to deal with this other that the NHL and Players to have started earlier and prevented this whole mess.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I didnt state my opinion on the matter - you just jumped to conclusions. No where did I say the Jacobs should or shouldnt do anything. I just thought it was an interesting topic.

That being said - I dont think the Pittsburgh or LA Kings market has to do anything either and both franchises have stepped up big time for their fans who are ultimately their customers. Its called customer appreciation. The real hockey markets are the one that deserve the most apologies anyways.

With all due respect, your opinion on these matters is well known to anyone who's been on the board the last few years. Unless you've underwent a sea change, I assume you're still the same guy who started a thread bemoaning the fact that the team didn't give the fans a stick salute at the end of the season.

Anyways, I am done with this topic. Sure, some perks would be nice, we'll see what they do, if anything. My prediction is no matter what they do it will be seen as too little by many, rightly or wrongly.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
With all due respect, your opinion on these matters is well known to anyone who's been on the board the last few years. Unless you've underwent a sea change, I assume you're still the same guy who started a thread bemoaning the fact that the team didn't give the fans a stick salute at the end of the season.

Anyways, I am done with this topic. Sure, some perks would be nice, we'll see what they do, if anything. My prediction is no matter what they do it will be seen as too little by many, rightly or wrongly.

QFT..Let's all move on and enjoy our B's !!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
And Ryder got the gwg for the Habs.

I didn't throw mine but there must have been over a thousand thrown.
Nor did I. My dad and I had to book it down the steps to avoid getting hit as we were in the 8th row of the balcony

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007

I didnt start a post about a stick salute - I mentioned that I think its a classy thing to do to show appreciation for their fans (the ones that pay their insane salaries and suppport them). Lifting a stick for 3 seconds may be to much to ask but I digress...I am just a fan of customer appreciation thats all.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I hope the B's will show some appreciation towards the fans.On a personal note I hope the TV networks[Eastlink] will offer some sort of free promotion to those of use who will be purchasing sports packages.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Jeremy Jacobs donated $1 Billion to the Human Fund.

But really I don't care as long as the on ice product is good.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Read the whole thread. Having trouble finding all the posts where people said they were entitled to free stuff.

Only on here could debating common business practices become personal. Companies that don't rely on 1 millionth the passion, loyalty, and totally irrational commitment of pro sports often offer gestures of goodwill when they upset their customers.

But to ask if Jacobs will or should makes you an entitled brat I guess...

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Four games isn't a very long gesture, nor an expensive one, I wouldn't even bother. How about lowering the ticket prices instead.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just win another cup! i'll gladly pay for my own beer.

Sure, you are in Montreal, it's easy to say that. Parking is now $34 at the Garden. It's $9 for a bottle of beer. And yes, I understand that if I don't like it I don't have to go, or I don't have to buy concessions there.

That's fine.

But then those of you who say that don't whine when all you have are corporate suits in the stands and real fans don't go to the games.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This statement would hold water if it were the only Phoenix and Tampa's of the league doing this stuff post lockout. But as I already pointed out, Pittsburgh is doing it too :naughty:

The pens are in a northeast climate, are a current winning team (usually a playoff team) and they have a similar lengthy season tickets wait list as the B's do. Their tickets prices are also very similar to the B's.

The fact the pens are going over and above throws out anyones argument that JJ shouldn't try to follow suit. Sure he doesn't have to. But it does (in a very small way) attempt to put his money where his mouth is...as far as his dry public apology went the other day.

LOL I love the attitude of , "Hey if we are being totally ripped off, it just means we are a better hockey market!!"

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Sure, you are in Montreal, it's easy to say that. Parking is now $34 at the Garden. It's $9 for a bottle of beer. And yes, I understand that if I don't like it I don't have to go, or I don't have to buy concessions there.

That's fine.

But then those of you who say that don't whine when all you have are corporate suits in the stands and real fans don't go to the games.

so if someone is a corporate suit, they aren't a real fan? hmmm, that's a pretty ridiculous judgment for you to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad