I wonder if the Bruins will follow suit to repay fans?

gorskic

How about instead of handing out free Chinese-made crap to the fans, how about Jacobs takes a big chunk of money and gives that to the cooks, bartenders, waitresses, etc. who took it in the shorts because of this ridiculous and unnecessary lockout.

That would show more than anything that he realizes the real harm this has caused. Taking away people's entertainment for a while? Boo-freakin'-hoo. That's why I am so angry about this whole debacle.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Sure, you are in Montreal, it's easy to say that. Parking is now $34 at the Garden. It's $9 for a bottle of beer. And yes, I understand that if I don't like it I don't have to go, or I don't have to buy concessions there.

That's fine.

But then those of you who say that don't whine when all you have are corporate suits in the stands and real fans don't go to the games.
Feel like comparing Bruin ticket prices to Habs ticket prices? Beer is $9 in mtl also...if not more. Parking is slightly cheaper. Still much cheaper to watch a game in Boston

Don't get me started on the exchange..lol

member 96824

We'll get the dish towels in may...what more do you people want?

Kaoz*

How about instead of handing out free Chinese-made crap to the fans, how about Jacobs takes a big chunk of money and gives that to the cooks, bartenders, waitresses, etc. who took it in the shorts because of this ridiculous and unnecessary lockout.

That would show more than anything that he realizes the real harm this has caused. Taking away people's entertainment for a while? Boo-freakin'-hoo. That's why I am so angry about this whole debacle.

People would ***** about the fact that the government would tax the money he gave them.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Sure, you are in Montreal, it's easy to say that. Parking is now $34 at the Garden. It's $9 for a bottle of beer. And yes, I understand that if I don't like it I don't have to go, or I don't have to buy concessions there.

That's fine.

But then those of you who say that don't whine when all you have are corporate suits in the stands and real fans don't go to the games.

Paying $34 for parking is nothing but pure laziness.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal

That's fine.

one more thing...the suits are in Toronto.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

While it would be a nice gesture.. you're assuming that he/the owners are the sole party responsible for the lockout and subsequent length of it which is foolish.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Yes I am a desgruntal season ticket holder who is angry at the way the Billionaires ( Owners ) and Millionaires ( players ) when about this recent lockout, but its a business! I for one beleive that the only thing that this team owes me is just play the game with 100 % effort .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

:handclap:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yes I am a desgruntal season ticket holder who is angry at the way the Billionaires ( Owners ) and Millionaires ( players ) when about this recent lockout, but its a business! I for one beleive that the only thing that this team owes me is just play the game with 100 % effort .

:handclap:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

There are many people from outside Boston who park at the Garden not out of laziness but because they don't know the city. I know how to get to the Garden (and the Pru, where I park if I drive in for Sox games), and that's about it. I've gotten lost trying to drive in Boston more than a few times and it's a nerve-wracking experience.

That said, a friend told me about another place near the Garden that he said has easy access in and out so I'm going to try that. It would be great if it was a day game, so I'm hoping that's what I get in my ticket package.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
While it would be a nice gesture.. you're assuming that he/the owners are the sole party responsible for the lockout and subsequent length of it which is foolish.

Well, it is pretty inarguable that they are responsible for the lockout happening at all, since it was their unilateral decision. The length? Sure, you can find fault with both parties their. But this "Both sides were wrong" line misses the part that the owners wanted to have a lockout as a negotiating ploy and that was their strategy all along.... no the "threat" of a lockout, but an actual lockout.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
There are many people from outside Boston who park at the Garden not out of laziness but because they don't know the city. I know how to get to the Garden (and the Pru, where I park if I drive in for Sox games), and that's about it. I've gotten lost trying to drive in Boston more than a few times and it's a nerve-wracking experience.

That said, a friend told me about another place near the Garden that he said has easy access in and out so I'm going to try that. It would be great if it was a day game, so I'm hoping that's what I get in my ticket package.

Theres nautica parking garage in charlestown too. $5 for parking and its less than a mile walk. And it usually not packed.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

There are also handicapped fans. I have 2 family members in wheelchairs. Parking at the Government Center garage, or if you are lucky enough to find a parking space on Cambridge St isn't an option for some people.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Drinking in Montreal is like paying for beer at the TD Garden at every bar in the city, even the package store. :laugh:

You're telling me.. a buddy of mine bought two guinness up there when we went to the bar before the game.. it was like 25 bucks.. My buddy just said "i didn't order any food just the beer" and the bartender was about to the beer off the bar and dump it. Animals i tell ya... animals haha.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Theres nautica parking garage in charlestown too. $5 for parking and its less than a mile walk. And it usually not packed.

I would have no problem with parking somewhere like that - a walk doesn't bother me. What people like me need is well-marked, simple access to Route 93 so we don't end up driving halfway to the Land of Oz.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
I would have no problem with parking somewhere like that - a walk doesn't bother me. What people like me need is well-marked, simple access to Route 93 so we don't end up driving halfway to the Land of Oz.

That garage is great!
I live and work southwest of boston and I go past the garden just to park. Tough to get to it on weeknights but worth it.
Easy access to 93 also.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Last time I parked there was 2007. It was $25.

I would bring my 82 year old Mom who couldn't walk well. We parked there in handicap .

Now I part at a T station and take the T. That has gone up in price as well.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
Last time I parked there was 2007. It was $25.

I would bring my 82 year old Mom who couldn't walk well. We parked there in handicap .

Now I part at a T station and take the T. That has gone up in price as well.

The parking or the T fare? (or both?). I usually go to Wellington.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The parking or the T fare? (or both?). I usually go to Wellington.

I pay $6 to park at Forest Hills still. Got lucky it didn't go up July 1

For those who don't know, the T raised prices in July and the new prices are:

Train - $2 each way with a Plastic Charlie Card and $2.50 with a paper Charlie Ticket.
Bus is $1.50 each way w/ card and $2 ticket/cash.

Of course some lines cost more.

http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad