Speculation: "I want to win cups" (All Drew Doughty Proposals here)

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Yes it says exactly what was already pointed out. He wants to win Cups. He would prefer to do it in LA. If LA chooses to rebuild, he isn't winning Cups. Erego, your ultimatum is "produce a Cup calibre team or I am potentially interested in elsewhere".

What's kind of funny is you are offering this as rebuttal when the biggest parts of his quotes talk about other possibilities:

"“That’s not entirely how I meant it. At the same time, you never know what could happen. We might not come to an agreement on a contract. They might not want to sign me for what I want, vice versa.

“Things can happen. You just never know what can happen. So I may not be here. But I want to be here. I’m pretty sure the L.A. Kings and all our teammates want me to be here too. I’m sure something will happen and we will get it done. It’s so far away, so many things can happen.”

The bolded and underlined is a whole lotta mozzarella. He literally doesn't even deny it (which would shut it down). He says "not entirely". Nice one Drew.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yes it says exactly what was already pointed out. He wants to win Cups. He would prefer to do it in LA. If LA chooses to rebuild, he isn't winning Cups. Erego, your ultimatum is "produce a Cup calibre team or I am potentially interested in elsewhere".

What's kind of funny is you are offering this as rebuttal when the biggest parts of his quotes talk about other possibilities:

"“That’s not entirely how I meant it. At the same time, you never know what could happen. We might not come to an agreement on a contract. They might not want to sign me for what I want, vice versa.

“Things can happen. You just never know what can happen. So I may not be here. But I want to be here. I’m pretty sure the L.A. Kings and all our teammates want me to be here too. I’m sure something will happen and we will get it done. It’s so far away, so many things can happen.â€

The bolded and underlined is a whole lotta mozzarella.

There are also quotes of him wanting to spend his whole career in la. Imo this is not a ultimation its one frustrated hockey player frustrated of not being able to feel like he can approach management about his feelings on what needs to be done. Guess what its new management and his biggest issue was with Sutter and now no more Sutter Stevens has a better relationship with Drew then Sutter had. This will go a long way to smooth drew fears about management being approachable. Its no different then any player with 2 years left on there deal. No player likes playing on a losing team I don't care what you think. Now this year will be a key. Personally i think the kings are a playoff team, With the new system we will score more and with more goals and still strong defense will put this team in the playoffs. If we are a playoff team drew will stay knowing anything is possible if u make the playoffs aka remember 2012 when la was 8th seed and won it all.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Defeinitely understood. And I've always advocated how much I love the Leafs and their young players and how they can be a powerhouse and have the tools and assets to do so. That's why when I see a fan base just think they're better than everyone which is the majority of opinion of most on hfboards it frustrates me . It makes other Leaf fans such as yourself look bad. Now I don't think Doughty is going to leave for sure but if he does gotta give to get because others will beat an offer of your useless players people are throwing around here. I haven't seen some of the other offers .

Vegas has Kings and Torontos odds the same lol. So would you say the Kings have a good chance to win the cup ? Doesn't seem like it so I guess you should get over yourself .

See above.

Toronto, my friend is a lot younger and on the come, the Kings are still a solid team no one's arguing that, but they are aging in a young man's NHL

and what's with this "get over yourself" routine? people who say that are the ones that need to follow their own advice:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00