OT: I relinquish the OT thread rights. We need a PK thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
3-4 feet here in Lackawanna. Had to shovel quite a bit to get my dog out this morning. Mall is closed today and likely tomorrow apparently so I'll have plenty of time to shovel.

Apartment parking lot has yet to be plowed as well.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
:amazed:

Seeing these pics and a few from some friends on Facebook, it's incredible how different the accumulations are just a few miles apart. Always baffled me when I was out there.

uR7li1K.png

Pretty cool pic of the snow band from UB South. Kind of puts it all together...

Clock

May 13, 2006
It was announced yesterday Dave and Busters is moving into the Galleria Mall in 2015

I saw that this morning. Bummer because it's currently about seven minutes from our house, but it's pretty obvious that they'd get more clientele at the galleria.

I think I actually still like that move because it definitely makes the Galleria even more of a destination than it already is, which is cool. Well, ignoring the whole bit about them fining businesses who don't open on Thanksgiving. If we want to go, we'll spend the extra ten minutes in the car and do it and then hit up PF Changs for their spicy chicken.

Eastern Hills said that they have something already lined up for the space. Hopefully it's something similar.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I saw that this morning. Bummer because it's currently about seven minutes from our house, but it's pretty obvious that they'd get more clientele at the galleria.

I think I actually still like that move because it definitely makes the Galleria even more of a destination than it already is, which is cool. Well, ignoring the whole bit about them fining businesses who don't open on Thanksgiving. If we want to go, we'll spend the extra ten minutes in the car and do it and then hit up PF Changs for their spicy chicken.

Eastern Hills said that they have something already lined up for the space. Hopefully it's something similar.

Galleria is cool and all but I get frustrated going there because parking is ****ing ****.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Galleria is cool and all but I get frustrated going there because parking is ****ing ****.

I use the strategy from UB. Park far away (the parking ramp near the theater / Five Guys entrance works well) every time and just park and go instead of deal with the frustration of finding a spot that's closer.

Still sucks. Especially when it's cold out.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
I use the strategy from UB. Park far away (the parking ramp near the theater / Five Guys entrance works well) every time and just park and go instead of deal with the frustration of finding a spot that's closer.

Still sucks. Especially when it's cold out.

Same here. I just suck it up and make the long, cold walk. I always laugh at the people that drive around and around, or follow someone walking to their car so they can get a close spot.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Safety orientation at new sites is so boring, but easy money. A non-smoking site will have the boys on edge this week.

Also, snow is so October. Warmest day in 2 weeks and it's -14.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think he likes the snow. :laugh:

Redux

(Accidentally zoomed in on his butt at one point because I couldn't see the screen through the glare)

That snow path I made this morning is already filled halfway back up even though he's run through it many times. At least the driveway's plowed out but it's slowly filling back up as well.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo

I was really annoyed that of all places the Galleria got picked up for that. It was my understanding almost every mall did something similar in regards to fines. McKinley did to Barnes & Noble last year when they opened at midnight and we opened at 5AM, and they're doing the same thing to us this year when they open at 8PM and we open at 5AM. It's part of the lease agreement I believe. I assume there are dozens if not hundreds of malls that do the same thing.

But of course the one in Buffalo makes national news.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Meatloaf and baked potatoes in the oven. This place is smelling good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad