I love that hockey is back and it's early but this tourney proves that the playoff atmosphere isn't

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
6Ow.gif
ewww cannot stand looking at those faces lol....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It’s like everything else, once you get into a routine it becomes normal.
I can say it’s better than I thought it would be and I’ve really enjoyed it.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
The league has done a great job, it feels like the playoffs I think. Seeing highlights where there's a crowd felt odd even 1-2 weeks into having no crowd.

The round robin is the only disappointment so far, but once the best teams are all playing in round 1 it will be forgotten

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
This post is about nothing, and having stated that, people will actually read it and get triggered!

Not a good sign if you ask me. :help:

Today in the morning, I finally decided if I was going to watch tonight's game or not.

But first, have to explain that I intended to watch the first game of this playoff round, but for whatever reasons, forgot entirely. In fact, it was the next day when I found out they played a game. Read some of the post game comments, which were atypical for how game arrived its result.

I promised myself I would watch the next game, but forgot all about it again. At that point, I realized I did not really care that much apparently. I did read some of the post game comments, which were atypical for how game arrived its result.

The third game I improved and actually checked the score midway through the game. Leafs were going to win. Come here to the forum, and there was no post game thread. Why was not the game over? Don't tell me . . . they choke a 3-1 lead? That game ended and read some of the post game comments, which were atypical for how game arrived its result.

The fourth game, like who cares, and was not going to watch, as I did not even have to forget that I was not going to watch. But checked the score anyways at mid-game and guess who is losing. Came to the forum when the game was close to being over along with the Leafs' season. In the in game thread, they were laughing at Rielly so had to be it. I waited for the post game thread. But it never came and the in game thread was weird. At that point, I knew something was up, and I checked the score, it was 3-3! It was a reverse Boston, so I decided to watch the overtime, and the Leafs win. It was a tied series and the thread with the post game comments, were atypical for how game arrived its result.

So that is how I arrived at my decision this morning, if I was going to watch tonight's game or not. I decided not to watch tonight. I figure, that was it, that was the peak entertainment value. Besides, it's hot today, rather just go ride the bicycle than sit around watching the game.

No one threw a body check in OT as far as I can remember. The players do not have their timing. They are not going after each other, because they would get hurt. In this pandemic, caution is the word.

There is another gear to playoff hockey, and these teams do not seem to have it. The layoff mattered. Some players show flashes of intensity, while some shifts were straight out of the preseason.

I'll check in later tonight, but enjoy the game for those who decide to watch.

Now, let the flaming begin!

Bwahahahahaha!

:dunce:

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I've been fired up for every game and there has been buzz around me for each leafs game. I've been watching multiple games per day. The elimination series feel like playoffs to me and I've loved it. How can anyone not enjoy the hell out of this right now?

And now that they're in the bubble and seeing the protocols taking place I honestly believe the chance of an outbreak happening is next to nill. Not worried about anyone's health at all.

If I've learnt anything about sports, it's that the fans actually hate them, and overwhelmingly deliver them pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad