I love that hockey is back and it's early but this tourney proves that the playoff atmosphere isn't

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I've even weirdly become used to the fake crowd noise lol.

I think baseball games are more visibly different than their "normal" versions in comparison

I want to watch some games with no fake crowd noise just to see how it would be. Would also like minimal commentary except between the whistles.

Not saying it would be better for sure, but something I'm curious about.

markh100

Aug 11, 2005
Toronto
This thread is strange. Strong disagree. I don't miss the background noise from the crowd at all. I don't miss the fighting / scrums / random pushing and shoving after every whistle that take away from the actual game being played. The hockey has been great.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I thought I was going to watch, but forgot all about it, both games played so far.

But they want the money. Health risks do not matter.

It's not easy getting excited for that.

Immense precautions and zero positive tests out of 7,000+. The NHL has done an incredible job to make this happen safely. Not really sure how you can say health risks don't matter to them, the players are less likely to get covid than if they WEREN'T there.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
The atmosphere isn't there but it's good hockey. It sucks missing the fans but it is what it is.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
What the f*** are you talking about?
What you read in OP. Or do you have an issue reading an opinion that differs from your own?

This thread is strange. Strong disagree. I don't miss the background noise from the crowd at all. I don't miss the fighting / scrums / random pushing and shoving after every whistle that take away from the actual game being played. The hockey has been great.
hockey is played all season long. Playoff hockey gets emotional, intensity is risen up a few notches.. the hockey hadn't been bad but the anxiousness driven from the crowd just isn't there.. what's wh strange about my preference on enjoying a crowd fueling the team rather than an empty arena? I'm not dissing the format.. but to pretend everything is the same is ludicrous. Athletes are use to playing infront of crowds some shell away and some get an extra boost trying to ramp up the home crowd.. some players thrive on the boos and some on the cheers.. when an important goal is scored the whole place shakes (if you've been lucky to experience it in person) to say that doesn't make a difference isnt true IMO.. players will play but the fans help swing the momentum either for or against.

It's funny to see someone say an opinion about enjoying a crowd/fans cheering their team on and watch people here get p***y because they want to convince themselves everything is perfect.. get over yourselves (not directed Soley on the person in quoting)

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
The scrums and fighting are what make playoff hockey. IMO it shows teams that hate each other. Its what makes hockey the best. I don't want to see regular season hockey in the playoffs.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Only a Leafs fan would make thread such as this
What does this have anything to do with being a leaf fan?

Only a leaf fan would complain about an opinion differing from your own.

Never said they didn't do good job considering the circumstances....
I prefer a crown to ramp up intensity over fake noise... Is it that hard to accept that opinion?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think hockey is the one sport that has missed the fans the most.

The hockey has been good, but the atmosphere & the games just look and play so oddly.

I tjink they could have done a better job with the arenas. The new screens are cool, but it looks so dull & bland. The seat covers, and everything - its awful

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
What does this have anything to do with being a leaf fan?

Only a leaf fan would complain about an opinion differing from your own.

Never said they didn't do good job considering the circumstances....
I prefer a crown to ramp up intensity over fake noise... Is it that hard to accept that opinion?
It has a lot to do with being a Leafs fan, our Team might be out of the playoffs by tonight

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Shocking, crowd doesn't exist without a crowd. Do you have any more golden nuggets of insight?
..... Do you guys even read your crap before posting?

The atmosphere that makes the playoffs is not the same without the crowd pushing players and creating intensity and rivalries... Yes. You can tell which users here are like 14-15yrs old, if you aren't going to bring anything to the discussion and misinterpret a thread .. than just stay out of it. If you don't agree and feel the game and play is still the same in an empty arena than that is your opinion... I disagree. Trying to reword my OP to something nonsensical is just plain dumb.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
LOVED THAT OT GAME WINNER. Couldn't help but think how much the whole arena would of blew up if it were full of people. (I'm nitpicking but this falls in with the topic of this thread)

If it weren't for COVID the whole arena would of lost its mind, probably the same way it did at the dome with Batista's homer to come back and win it.

Unfortunately I had to watch the Columbus feed for this game and they weren't too impressed

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
LOVED THAT OT GAME WINNER. Couldn't help but think how much the whole arena would of blew up if it were full of people. (I'm nitpicking but this falls in with the topic of this thread)

If it weren't for COVID the whole arena would of lost its mind, probably the same way it did at the dome with Batista's homer to come back and win it.

Unfortunately I had to watch the Columbus feed for this game and they weren't too impressed
Would've been in CLB since it was their home game. Probably could have heard a pin drop - no goal horn and no music after the GWG

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Would've been in CLB since it was their home game. Probably could have heard a pin drop - no goal horn and no music after the GWG
Yea.. or you would of heard the "nananana hey hey hey goodbye" chants with 4minutes left and then proceed to witness 3 goals and the OT winner.. and that silence and disbelief would of been that much better!

So much better.. lol

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Lol well if we're assuming no pandemic I think Leafs fans would comprise like 25% of the crowd. We travel well. But you're point is well taken the place wouldn't have been pandemonium

Reactions: kb

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
There the same way without the fans passion pushing the players.

Obviously this should be a no brainer, but the feel of the playoff atmosphere just isn't there (yet). The fans reactions is what pushes the players to react to certain situations and just makes the game more personal and builds up the rivalry between players and teams.

That there is some amazing analysis.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
That there is some amazing analysis.
6Ow.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad