Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Buff is going to be too expensive because Ekblad is going to eventually get paid and we need space for him. We can't have two dmen making that much. It's not a smart move cap wise. Maybe if we didn't sign Bolland it would be a risk we can take. Instead we spent 25 million on a guy who is barely a fourth line center, haha!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I guess there is a high possibility you will be weeping.

Tallon has already said we won't be going crazy in the UFA market the next couple years, we need to keep room for our young guys when they need their next contracts. That's why we "went young" this summer. There's no way we throw 70M at Buff. No freaking way.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Tallon has already said we won't be going crazy in the UFA market the next couple years, we need to keep room for our young guys when they need their next contracts. That's why we "went young" this summer. There's no way we throw 70M at Buff. No freaking way.

I hope you are right.

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015

If Buf wasn't an ex-Chicago player I would say you're right, but we all know Tallon and his 'insane' loyalty to Hawk players. Unless Buf said outright Florida is not a place he would play for, then anything is possible with Tallon.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Buff will head out on a decline after this season. Not sure why any of you want him. A guy with all that weight over 30 years old. He's only gonna get worse.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If Buf wasn't an ex-Chicago player I would say you're right, but we all know Tallon and his 'insane' loyalty to Hawk players. Unless Buf said outright Florida is not a place he would play for, then anything is possible with Tallon.

I don't think Tallons loyalty to his Chicago players is that crazy. He didn't gut the farm to get Sharp. He's not going to put us in cap jeopardy with our young guys needing new contracts. He's already said so.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Every year that goes by is one year closer to the end of Bolland. Just think by this time next year we will be half way through watching him contribute absolutely nothing to our team other than the much needed stupid penalty he takes every game.

*Ends Rant

The revised five-year blueprint.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
7. Since we’re throwing things at the wall, here’s another: Now that Florida is showing itself to be a playoff contender, it would surprise no one if the Panthers took a run at Byfuglien. GM Dale Tallon was in Chicago when Byfuglien was drafted, and took over the hockey operations as he rose through the organization. He’s a fan. Something to watch for.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-good-luck-intimidating-yzerman/

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
7. Since we’re throwing things at the wall, here’s another: Now that Florida is showing itself to be a playoff contender, it would surprise no one if the Panthers took a run at Byfuglien. GM Dale Tallon was in Chicago when Byfuglien was drafted, and took over the hockey operations as he rose through the organization. He’s a fan. Something to watch for.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-good-luck-intimidating-yzerman/

I've been told we have no interest in Dustin Byfuglien.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The feeling is that he'd be good in the playoffs, but would command too much for too long at his age.

Yeah, he won't be a good signing in free agency. Someone will overpay. But he's going to be a good rental for a team that wants to go on a playoff run.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Like I said in the rumor thread, I've been told the Panthers have no interest in Byfuglien.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Re: Buff, I'm sure they've talked. Pretty confident in my source though. Summer is along time ago too

Haven't heard anything about Ladd just yet

5782911_orig.jpg

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

This is nice, but that doesn't mean he wants to trade for him. I'm sure he loves these guys but who does he love here less?
People forget that's it's not just ties to Chicago players Tallon has, it's ties to Panther players as well. Why would he switch out Panthers' players for Chicago players when he drafted or traded for the Panthers' players just like he did the Chicago players.
People always ignore that (especially on the main boards), when they talk about Tallon bringing in ex Chicago player A or B for Panthers players, it just doesn't make sense. Unless you're talking about signing them in free agency, then who's playing time are they going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad