Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The only real quality pieces we have that would interest Avs are Barkov, Bjugstad and Ekblad. The rest is quantity (note: I'm not saying that the likes of Huberdeau/Kulikov/Gudbranson etc. are bad players, they're just not premier trade chips) that they already have and that many other teams can top with better offers.

Duchene is still a young guy, signed to a reasonable contract, putting up points and as far as we're aware, hasn't asked for a trade. There's no incentive for Sakic to trade him for quantity. That's like Tallon trading Bjugstad just for the sake of trading him.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
The only real quality pieces we have that would interest Avs are Barkov, Bjugstad and Ekblad. The rest is quantity (note: I'm not saying that the likes of Huberdeau/Kulikov/Gudbranson etc. are bad players, they're just not premier trade chips) that they already have and that many other teams can top with better offers.

Duchene is still a young guy, signed to a reasonable contract, putting up points and as far as we're aware, hasn't asked for a trade. There's no incentive for Sakic to trade him for quantity. That's like Tallon trading Bjugstad just for the sake of trading him.

Yeah I doubt they'd trade Duchene.

Ekblad and Barkov I couldn't give up, Bjugstad I would. Duchene is much more skilled but doesn't have the size Bjugs does.

Huberdeau and a 1st, which is likely in the top 5, would be pretty interesting I'd think. Don't know if they need help on the wings, I know they need D but I wouldn't trade Ekblad for anyone really, minus McDavid.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Nobody is going to give Sakic a one for one trade, send a young stud D back. It's going to be (again) quality for quantity in some ways.

The way Roy apparently loves Kuli, I could see Kuli+1st+something being a good package for them. That would leave a big hole in our D though.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm not interested in duchene... he brings speed and can finish a bit but that's about it... as made a big mistake letting oreilly and stastNY go... they soaked up all the tough minutes... duchene isn't worth giving up any of our pieces for and I doubt he gets much scoring done in our system...

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
They need defense, it wouldn't cost us anything close to Ek. Perhaps Guds or even Petro, so long as a first is involved.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We can't really afford to trade D. Mitchell has regressed. We don't know if we'll be able to sign Campbell. So that's two spots next season that are potentially open. Moving Kuli or Guds leaves a gapping hole. Guys like Matheson, Petrovic, and McCoshen are worth considering but they may not be enough.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We can't really afford to trade D. Mitchell has regressed. We don't know if we'll be able to sign Campbell. So that's two spots next season that are potentially open. Moving Kuli or Guds leaves a gapping hole. Guys like Matheson, Petrovic, and McCoshen are worth considering but they may not be enough.

I'd take Matheson off that tradeable list. I agree outside of Petro/McCoshen and overpaying with a 1st, and 2nd and say Pirri, we won't have enough to land Duchene.

Other possible targets could be Iginla or Vrbata?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Nobody is going to give Sakic a one for one trade, send a young stud D back. It's going to be (again) quality for quantity in some ways.
Someone that's desperate for an offensive center might. Nashville for example, there's no way they can afford Jones a few years down the road.

The way Roy apparently loves Kuli, I could see Kuli+1st+something being a good package for them. That would leave a big hole in our D though.
Roy never coached Kulikov in the QMJHL, you're probably confusing him with Radulov.

They need defense, it wouldn't cost us anything close to Ek. Perhaps Guds or even Petro, so long as a first is involved.
Gudbranson is the perfect example of a player that's very valuable to the team he's playing for, not so much in a trade. Especially since he's still very much a work-in-progress.

Petrovic is a dime a dozen bottom pairing d-man with little to no upside. Every team has at least one guy like him.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
He won't cost what you mentioned. Players never do. Thus the first.

I agree with this. If the Avs are truly shopping Duchene it's because he's inconsistent in some way. The offers will be probably be inconsistent players in return. Change of scenery type moves for both teams.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Bruce, aka. probably the worst hockey insider known to man after Eklund.

Anyone can put 1+1 together that we have the cap space and Buff is a UFA.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Not even Tallon will give out a contract like that lol.

5ofc5t.png

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah, Bolland is one thing. But 8 years of Byfuglien is on a whole other level. I weep for whatever team gives him that.
Well you better prepare yourself, since there's quite a big chance that it ends up being us if Tallon is still in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad