Post-Game Talk: I have no theme for this PGT

Batman or Superman?

• Total voters

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Batman themed GDT planned for when the Oilers are actually a good team.

Don’t hold your breath.
jjmERkX.png

Reactions: Oilhawks and Cloned

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
One day we will be able to use that video in a non sarcastic manner in a GDT on this board.

Yeah. This was sort of a defiance to having a Batman GDT some day in the not so near future. :D

But, if there were one, I'd have a poll as to the board's favourite live-action or voice actor to portray Batman. All the way from the 1943 film to the present.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
People talk about missing Ebs and his 19 goals every year but remember if we keep him that's your boy in a game 7 with the series on the line. Can't stand him as a player, that's why.

Also... I love winning but everyone remember these heroic late goals when we aren't drafting in the top 4 this year. :(
Agree about Eberle.

Don’t care about losing draft lottery position. You’ve got three chances to move up or down with the ping pong balls. I’d rather see this team get some wins over watching horrible tank hockey and still not being guaranteed to draft in the order we finished the season in.

Reactions: oljimmy and North

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If we had lost this game there would be a lot of people on top of Kosko for the 3 goals against on not many shots. Statistically it wasn’t a strong game, but unlike Talbot he made the big saves and gave our putrid an offence a chance to finally squeeze an extra goal out to hit a blistering 3 goals. What a difference one goal makes, now imagine if we had that extra goal in those 2-1 losses. And imagine if Kosko was played like a starter while him and the team was hot under a new coach. We could be In a playoff spot.

On the game tonight, I don’t think it says much. Every issue this team has it still has. But we played what looked to be a tired Islanders crew. I guess Gagner trade paid off though, we wouldn’t have gotten to OT if it wasn’t for his secondary scoring.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So just a side comment but Draisaitl was a better 200ft player than McD all 3 periods and bags a goal and an assist and several splendid defensive plays. Whereas McD blows the zone entirely contributing to an outmanned situation and the first Islanders goal, then takes a bad penalty on Islanders tying goal. But McD is first star on basis of the game winning goal, which doesn't happen without Draisaitls dogged work on the goal, and Drai isn't even a star.

lol who else does this even happen to?

Any other Oiler could have the game Drai had tonight and be first star. just saying, its hilarious.

On the whole of play, and I thought Connor had a dozen bad misplays in the first two periods, he shouldn't have been a star despite the goal.
I’m going to get flamed for saying this but Conner has been horrible in his own end and cheating like crazy for offence for the last month or so. Some are fine with that but I think he can be a lot better.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Did you completely miss the Anaheim series where Draisaitl took the Oilers on his back and made Lucic and Slepychev look like a premium line? Or that Drai was the best Oiler in the playoffs.
This right here is why Drai has received as much criticism as he has in the past two seasons. We all know he can be that player but we haven’t seen much of it since that Anaheim series. He’s looked like the old Drai in the last two games though and that’s great news. I’m curious how he found that guy again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad