Post-Game Talk: I have no theme for this PGT

Batman or Superman?

• Total voters

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Who knew that having good skating D who can move the puck would make this team better?

He’s like our only D man that can consistently retrieve pucks before the forecheck gets there and move the puck up ice quickly on the breakout.

Exactly. NHL dcorps today are built with two way dmen. The ability to get the puck out the zone safely. More Klefs. less Russells/Larssons. Our dmen for the last bit just shoot the puck up the boards and gives the puck back to the enemy.

Don't forget. Just the fact that losing Sekera and or Klef for long periods makes this that much shittier.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't mind. He's the 1966 edition:
5ivxlhv7du2z.jpg

Adam West and the original Batman is underrated. That there is some great camp. They were doing cult film, B movie exploitation, so bad its good art, well before its time.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Exactly. NHL dcorps today are built with two way dmen. The ability to get the puck out the zone safely. More Klefs. less Russells/Larssons. Our dmen for the last bit just shoot the puck up the boards and gives the puck back to the enemy.

Don't forget. Just the fact that losing Sekera and or Klef for long periods makes this that much ****tier.

The days of the old fire it around the boards or bank it off the glass and out are long gone.

To survive as a top 4 Dman in the NHL today you need to retrieve and transition up ice insanely fast. Blindly ringing it around the boards to a winger doesn’t fly anymore.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
When you think about who was playing on Strome wings and how few goals were scored against when he was on the ice, he didn't do too bad.

Gagner is taking ANYBODY and making them look good. These are Cave and Rieders best games of the season. Playing 3 games with Gagner. Its quite interesting. Gags has transformed our bottomsix. We had nobody like that who can control and move the puck with confidence. This is a perfect situation for Gagner. But being how good he looked on first line we can Clone Gagner and that might just be Currie.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I'm not worried about suspension.
It didn't look vicious. He was just trying to make contact.
And he did...with his head...and only his head. Everyone would be Panarining their pants if an islander did that to one of our guys.

Reactions: thadd

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Amazing how much more likely you are to win when you dont shoot yourself in the foot.

Best game Reider has played in...forever.

Really nice to see Gagner score...its been a long time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So just curious, but when Drai got furious, was that about Adam Larsson blowing a play for the 6th time in the game? Larsson shot right into a block up high when he had all kinds of time to do ANYTHING else. It was one of countless miscues by Larsson on the night. So bad that Sekera moved up to play with Klefbom by games end. WTF is up with Larsson. I've never seen Draisaitl that pissed. Adam just went to the bench after that shift and hung his head. He knew he was playing like utter crap.

What another putrid game by Larsson. he was our worst D tonight. He's supposed to be our best. What a crap season from him.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
What? For those unaware, this is, uh, a falsehood.

Was one of my favorite Oilers for a number of years. Did I like when he was dogging it after getting his big payday? Nope. Doesn’t mean i cant appreciate a player putting in a good effort and being a good presence on the club right now.

Unless you’re trying to tell me who and how I’m allowed to cheer for? You wouldn’t be that narcissistic would you?

Reactions: Senor Catface

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Was one of my favorite Oilers for a number of years. Did I like when he was dogging it after getting his big payday? Nope. Doesn’t mean i cant appreciate a player putting in a good effort and being a good presence on the club right now.

Unless you’re trying to tell me who and how I’m allowed to cheer for? You wouldn’t be that narcissistic would you?
Cheer away friend.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So just a side comment but Draisaitl was a better 200ft player than McD all 3 periods and bags a goal and an assist and several splendid defensive plays. Whereas McD blows the zone entirely contributing to an outmanned situation and the first Islanders goal, then takes a bad penalty on Islanders tying goal. But McD is first star on basis of the game winning goal, which doesn't happen without Draisaitls dogged work on the goal, and Drai isn't even a star.

lol who else does this even happen to?

Any other Oiler could have the game Drai had tonight and be first star. just saying, its hilarious.

On the whole of play, and I thought Connor had a dozen bad misplays in the first two periods, he shouldn't have been a star despite the goal.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Where was backchecking Gagner when he played here before? This version of Gagner is very acceptable. Much better than some guy for the NYI named Eberle who stopped skating on the backcheck for the Oilers tying goal. Seen that schtick before....somewhere.

Lines by the end of the game were finally getting halfway decent. Love the tying goal, can’t be trying to stickhandle and pass the puck into the net each time. Shoot low hard for the lower pads and have an opposite net drive. Those are the goals 3rd and 4th lines score.

Fun game! Messes with the tank but we needed a home win.

Also lots of empty seats....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad