Post-Game Talk: I hate hockey

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I disagree, they looked outstanding in this series. The Oilers started out playing as hard as they could in the first 5-7 minutes of each game but were then systematically dismantled and overpowered. The Leafs have arrived as an elite team in this league, they can roll 4 dangerous lines and the defense outplayed ours by far.

Totally concur. They systematically destroyed the team that was in 2nd place when the series started. The Leafs bring out their best in games agains Winnipeg, or Edmonton, as these are the most likely adversary. They even play half decent against Montreal. I would expect the team that has basically sewn up first place in the division to look off some games against the weaker clubs like Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary. nobody should be evaluating a good team on how it does against bad clubs. its typical for teams to get up more for the better opponents.

I'm looking around the other divisions and I don't see one single one that is juggernaut. Everything division contains multiple clubs as bad or worse than the North division.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Totally concur. They systematically destroyed the team that was in 2nd place when the series started. The Leafs bring out their best in games agains Winnipeg, or Edmonton, as these are the most likely adversary. They even play half decent against Montreal. I would expect the team that has basically sewn up first place in the division to look off some games against the weaker clubs like Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary. nobody should be evaluating a good team on how it does against bad clubs. its typical for teams to get up more for the better opponents.

I'm looking around the other divisions and I don't see one single one that is juggernaut. Everything division contains multiple clubs as bad or worse than the North division.
Ya agreed with this. Playoffs is just a totally different animal. Great teams fall and bad teams ruse

sounds like a corny storyline to a disney hockey movie but it’s true lol.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Ya agreed with this. Playoffs is just a totally different animal. Great teams fall and bad teams ruse

sounds like a corny storyline to a disney hockey movie but it’s true lol.
The Oilers should play an exhibition game against an NHL team like the movie and see how close they can come to winning.

Reactions: tardigrade81

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I may have found you yelling at the sky.

giphy.gif

That pretty much nails it

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Do you watch the Oilers ? They are gone from lottery contenders to playoff contenders . So yes big improvements .
Seen them do that from 015 to 017.
Then go back to lottery and now rher are play off contenders again.
Rhat puts them with teams like the habs, sens , panthers, jackets, Yay !

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Vancouver with more goals in 2 periods then we had in 9 against Toronto. Calgary’s backup almost shut them out for 2 straight games. It’s funny how hockey works sometimes so I wouldn’t look to deep into a horrible 3 game stretch for us. It just sucks that it was against Toronto so it gave the Eastern Media a mega hard on that we’ll have to hear about until we play them again.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Vancouver with more goals in 2 periods then we had in 9 against Toronto. Calgary’s backup almost shut them out for 2 straight games. It’s funny how hockey works sometimes so I wouldn’t look to deep into a horrible 3 game stretch for us. It just sucks that it was against Toronto so it gave the Eastern Media a mega hard on that we’ll have to hear about until we play them again.

Anything can happen.
To be honest, I think we are dealing with a few injuries including mcsavid and drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drai post game comments was interesting. In first 30 secs..

Reporter’s question: “Speaking of not good enough, your top players didn’t produce much of anything in this series. Does it add to the frustration that you guys really didn't hold up your end of the bargain?"

Draisaitl’s answer: “No, we love that. We love going without a point in three days, for sure. It’s great.”

The reporter btw was Tychkowski, the one who buries Leon any chance he gets in his columns. Tych was a guy if people remember was banging a drum that Drai got overpaid and he will never earn this contract. making a living being wrong I guess.

I love sarcasm so I'm fine with the comments.

Last edited:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Drai post game comments was interesting. In first 30 secs..

Reporter’s question: “Speaking of not good enough, your top players didn’t produce much of anything in this series. Does it add to the frustration that you guys really didn't hold up your end of the bargain?"

Draisaitl’s answer: “No, we love that. We love going without a point in three days, for sure. It’s great.”

The reporter btw was Tychkowski, the one who buries Leon any chance he gets in his columns. Tych was a guy if people remember was banging a drum that Drai got overpaid and he will never earn this contract. making a living being wrong I guess.

I love sarcasm so I'm fine with the comments.

Check out all our thoughts on this in the “local media” thread. We have many thoughts on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00