Post-Game Talk: I guess I'll make it... Oilers Lose 4-1

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Yeah I totally get where you're going. Like I said Panthers or Thrashers are more comparable.

Because they were worse :help:

Most of this board (and yes I know we're extremely bi-polar) is already calling this season a wash in the third week. That's how terrible the Oil look.

Its hard to be positive when the same signs, same bad habits, same mistakes are being made by management, coaches, and players year after year. There is no actual sign of improvement at all, in some areas they are actually regressing.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I missed the game, was at the Jethro Tull concert. At this point I could care less if 'the boys looked good the 1st two periods'. All that matters is results. Wins and points is all that matters and this team 'for whatever reason' (a good old MacT quote) can't win hockey games. Pure crap organization from owner to president to gm to coach to scouts to players. In the grand scheme of things they all stink compared to the vast majority of organizations in this league.

The city and the fans deserve better.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I would've taken an infraction if it meant my HFOil brethren could enjoy Annie's boobs for a few more hours!

Also, the Oilers suck.

rock_zpsd21e3d68.gif

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Fair enough. I didn't want a passing Admin or Team Lead to jump on one our posters. I would have been fine with you getting an infraction as well for the 2p(which Annie would have ensured). Perhaps, that is what HFOil is missing. Sacrificial lambs in each GDT...

tumblr_m9tytmeVMP1r1mr1po1_500.gif

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I missed the game, was at the Jethro Tull concert. At this point I could care less if 'the boys looked good the 1st two periods'. All that matters is results. Wins and points is all that matters and this team 'for whatever reason' (a good old MacT quote) can't win hockey games. Pure crap organization from owner to president to gm to coach to scouts to players. In the grand scheme of things they all stink compared to the vast majority of organizations in this league.

The city and the fans deserve better.

Anything other than Thick as a Brick 1 + 2?

How was it?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
And to those lamenting the loss of the gifs in the GDT. I like Alison Brie as much as the next Community fan, but if I didn't remove them posters risked infractions if they got reported. So I accept that this loss is entirely my fault.

Big of you, but you know it's not on you.

Some people around here can't handle a little cleavage, others are too enthusiastic about it. Both parties ruin the fun for everyone.

It's just going to be one of those things now. We'll reserve a special spot just under that which shall not be named for Annie's Boobs.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
My brother and I were talking about how Holtby looked dialed in from the start and he was battling hard with guys in the crease. Caps d-men good with their sticks in the crease.

Dubnyk just seems so passive to me and I'd love to see him be a bit more aggressive protecting his territory and fighting to see the puck.

I feel for him because there's a unique kind of pressure on him in this situation.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Anything other than Thick as a Brick 1 + 2?

How was it?

Encore was Locamotive Breath. It was excellent. Ian Anderson does have the pipes anymore but they had another guy doing some of the singing. Overall, really good.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Fair enough. I didn't want a passing Admin or Team Lead to jump on one our posters. I would have been fine with you getting an infraction as well for the 2p(which Annie would have ensured). Perhaps, that is what HFOil is missing. Sacrificial lambs in each GDT...

I detected some free licence what with mods talking about girly gifs.. :D

Having said that I didn't post any..:shakehead ;)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
We all know it was Diamondillium's fault for the loss anyway! You can't just make a game-winning GDT and take the next one off! :sarcasm:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Encore was Locamotive Breath. It was excellent. Ian Anderson does have the pipes anymore but they had another guy doing some of the singing. Overall, really good.

Been a longtime since I've seen Tull, Thanks.

Music like you just don't find anymore. That band at their peak were putting out rock symphonies.

Timeless music because its just so damned good.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Big of you, but you know it's not on you.

Some people around here can't handle a little cleavage, others are too enthusiastic about it. Both parties ruin the fun for everyone.

It's just going to be one of those things now. We'll reserve a special spot just under that which shall not be named for Annie's Boobs.

Can't be worse than this

hockey1-13175-aa.jpg

My eyes!!! The goggles do nothing!!

AssistantCaptain*

I don't know what to think. Opposing fans used to mock us but now they're going to pity us. If we don't end up seeing the light at the end of the tunnel this season, then I hope the new arena burns to the ground and the team is moved.

elpol

Re-Registered User
Nov 5, 2008
vancouver
I think Eakins was making a statement tonight to all of the Oilers org. He played our 'best' players (aside from Hall who's out with an injury) against the best of Washington. Everyone in the org. thinks these kids are the best thing since sliced bread. I think Eakins is trying to show them a bit of reality. Maybe I'm off; I don't know. Just spitballing here. I don't see any other reason for what he did when it clearly wasn't working.
I agree with you. It might sound counter-intuitive, but imo, one should wonder 'why does it appear like Eakin is trying to make a point'.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ian Anderson is the only original member left...is it really Jethro Tull?

It wasn't called Tull tonight, I was just referencing.

Not taking anything away from the legend lineup either but theres been so many performers in Tull through the years since the glory years and Ian Anderson front center through all of it.

As talented as the band was even in the 70's when you saw Tull you saw Ian Anderson the showman.

He's the key figure with little argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad