KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Season OVER.

Fire Eakins

Trade Yakupov

Demote MacT to toilet duty.

Yadda yadda yadda. Better luck next game, guys. Hopefully Smith plays less than stellar.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I propose we try a couple more coaches before trading any of these entitled losers.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Oilers didn't deserve to lose tonight. Holtby stole the game. It happens sometimes. Two years ago, right around this time, that was us on the other end of things.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Happy I stopped watching the games. Won't watch again until we make a big trade.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Glad I missed this one, sounds like the boys weren't playing that hard, surprise surprise. The makeup of the team in regards to the two top lines needs a change in the worst way. Keep changing the coaches all you want, check that get rid of Buchberger and Smith, however it is quite obvious the young guns are either not listening, not good enough or just plain crap. Sitting at the bottom of the Western Conference is not acceptable and the litany of excuses from the fans, the media and the organization itself is just maddening. It is not bad puck luck, just need some more games, too young, or corsi will change it around, the Oilers are a bad hockey team. At the end of the day I also believe at the end of the season after missing the playoffs again they will need a new number one goaltender.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Back to normal. Yak looks like he should be in okc for a while, learning how to play and gaining confidence.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Glad I missed this one, sounds like the boys weren't playing that hard, surprise surprise. The makeup of the team in regards to the two top lines needs a change in the worst way. Keep changing the coaches all you want, check that get rid of Buchberger and Smith, however it is quite obvious the young guns are either not listening, not good enough or just plain crap. Sitting at the bottom of the Western Conference is not acceptable and the litany of excuses from the fans, the media and the organization itself is just maddening. It is not bad puck luck, just need some more games, too young, or corsi will change it around, the Oilers are a bad hockey team. At the end of the day I also believe at the end of the season after missing the playoffs again they will need a new number one goaltender.

If you actually watched the first two periods, you'd find that wasn't really the case.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know, i was actually pleased with the first 2 periods. They were obviously done once the Caps scored the 3rd goal but they deserved a much better fate after 2. If they continue to play like they did in the first 40 minutes, they will string some wins together. I'll choose to focus on the positives tonight.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Back to normal. Yak looks like he should be in okc for a while, learning how to play and gaining confidence.

I am leaning towards this as well, but I get the feeling he would act like a petulant child and the team would have an even bigger mess on its hands. Oh well, what fun to be an Oilers fan. As for the persistent Oilers suck threads on the main board, well deserved. Until the team starts winning...screw that...we should be used to it by now. I seriously doubt MacT can make any major moves however it is clear the team needs a drastic change in order to even consider challenging for a playoff spot.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
At what point do we demote Yakupov? He's been ****ing atrocious.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Oilers didn't deserve to lose tonight. Holtby stole the game. It happens sometimes. Two years ago, right around this time, that was us on the other end of things.

This. The Oilers actually outplayed the Caps, and it was so frustrating to see that after going up 3-0, I turned it off.

USUALLY I turn it off because the Oilers are sucking. That wasn't the case tonight. Outshot the caps in every period, and the Caps got some insanely timely and good goals. It happens.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't know, i was actually pleased with the first 2 periods. They were obviously done once the Caps scored the 3rd goal but they deserved a much better fate after 2. If they continue to play like they did in the first 40 minutes, they will string some wins together. I'll choose to focus on the positives tonight.

Agreed. If they got even one on the board before the second ended it's probably a different hockey game. Holtby played very well.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Given that you didn't even watch the game, I'm not sure how you can judge the game.
You're the biggest apoligists in this room . When will you accept the fact from Management down this team has been a comedy of errors , what are you protecting , do you work for the Oilers? they do no wrong in your eyes ever. Denial at its best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->