McKenzie: "I believe the Oilers will add an experienced defenseman"

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Hamhuis could be interesting if Heiskanen comes into camp and shows he can play 3rd pairing right now. Only 1 year left so not a massive commitment, actually good at D and has been around for a while

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
LOL no one got it right. We said Eberle+ for Hamonic. Then it was Hall for Hamonic. Then it was Eberle 50% retained for Strome + Pulock or De Haan then it turned out to be just Eberle for Strome straight up. Not one Isles fan got that right. Neither did the Oilers fans for that matter.

i couldn't tell you how many times we said strome for eberle

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I just hope we don't trade Caleb Jones or Ethan Bear for some borderline #4 Dman, because we would greatly regret that in the long run. Ethan Bear at the very least will be a 3rd pairing Dman who is absolutely LETHAL on the PP -- and that's at the VERY least, mark my words (outscoring a blue-chip prospect forward like Barzal in the CHL playoffs is no small feat -- even more so as a Dmen, and they're the same age). I think Caleb will be like left-sided Petry: good at everything, but not dominant in anything; still very useful, though, and we need to keep him. I'm not sold on Nurse yet at all. Just my opinion, but I'm usually not too wrong about Dmen. Forwards is different, but Dmen I can usually get a good read on.

I would rather just sign Franson, as I think the cost for any reasonably good Dman would be too high.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Marc Staal at 50% + 3rd round pick for a double cheeseburger

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Cody Franson sign a 1 year contract with the Oilers.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
NJ could retain 200% and I still doubt we'd give up Slepy for him haha. Lovejoy is not good at all.

Yeah, I know. LJ is actually decent in the right place. He was brought in to eat some of Larrsons minutes. It's just too much work being asked of him.
He's a bottom pairing D guy asked to play 2 tiers up.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I'd be looking at Calvin De Haan or Matt Dumba

2 players you could get by not giving up too much and IMHO are primed to take the next step.

That's a big negatory on Dumba. We sacrificed an excellent prospect in Alex Tuch, along with Haula, to ensure Vegas didn't take Dumba in the expansion draft. I can't see a scenario he is available. We are slim on RHD depth. Spurgeon, Dumba... wait for it... Ryan Murphy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad