McKenzie: "I believe the Oilers will add an experienced defenseman"

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You can have Carl Gunnarsson from the Blues and I think he's a better option than a lot of the other names in this thread.

I'd take a 3rd round pick for him.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Counter:

Mike Green @ 25% Retention

For

2018 Conditional 1st Round Pick
Dillon Simpson

Conditions are Edmonton has to make it to the Stanley Cup Final. If they don't, the pick becomes a 2nd 2018 or 2nd 2019 - Detroit's choice.

Bad

green is a low end #2 high end #3. 1st is a bargain

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Franson would be ok, nothing to get excited about, but at least he's got a cannon. Would be a good 2nd unit PP guy, I think he'd work well with Nuge. Nuge helped Corey freaking Potter look like an NHL calibre PP trigger man, I'm sure he could produce considerably more with Franson.

If the guy can put up 15 PP points from the 2nd unit and tread water 5 on 5 then I'll be satisfied.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
we pretty much got it right, strome for eberle. hamonic was 100% not going 1 for 1 with eberle coming back

LOL no one got it right. We said Eberle+ for Hamonic. Then it was Hall for Hamonic. Then it was Eberle 50% retained for Strome + Pulock or De Haan then it turned out to be just Eberle for Strome straight up. Not one Isles fan got that right. Neither did the Oilers fans for that matter.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Franson would be ok, nothing to get excited about, but at least he's got a cannon. Would be a good 2nd unit PP guy, I think he'd work well with Nuge. Nuge helped Corey freaking Potter look like an NHL calibre PP trigger man, I'm sure he could produce considerably more with Franson.

If the guy can put up 15 PP points from the 2nd unit and tread water 5 on 5 then I'll be satisfied.

Obviously you have never seen Frason play before. He doesn't have any sort of major slap shot but he has a seeing eye wrister that is great. He is good on the PP but is terrible defensively and looks like he is wearing cement blocks. If he is a stop gap as described sure he will do but he is a bottom pairing guy who can help on the PP.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I could see it being Franson......PC was hot to trot for him during his Bruins days.

I could also see it being M-A Bergeron or J-M Liles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad