McKenzie: "I believe the Oilers will add an experienced defenseman"

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
seems to me like Vegas is the best option, and we only pursue it if we don't like what our younger guys do in camp

I think we'd go the trade route instead of the waiver wire. That way we could send a contract their way too. Maybe with the right trade we could send Fayne the other way.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If Russell was half as bad as his advanced stats say, his teammates would not brag about how good he is, managers would hate his game, and he never would have gotten an extension.

Kris Russell is the posterboy for why advanced stats aren't always an indicator of a player's ability.

I find this funny coming from Oilers fans.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I felt we should've signed Franson, but I suppose that ship has sailed now. However, I think we'll be okay. The real season starts in the playoffs, and as long as the team is winning more games than it's losing until Sekera is back and they are competing to their potential for the higher places in the standings with the talent they have available. Then at the deadline perhaps we look at adding a guy like Mike Green if none of our young guys are able to step up in a similar role yet, and there's a glaring need for another Dman on our power-play and who can move the puck up the ice like Green can.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Sorry he is no longer a top 4 d man. Injuries have taken their toll. On a team with any depth he is a 5/6 guy.

Love homers who think others are wrong. Add Edler being a top 4 d man to the Tanev is worth a top 5 pick and Hutton is worth a mid first and top prospect. Edler is no longer a top 4 guy on a good team. He is a depth guy

All stats point to you having no ****ing clue what you're talking about. Sorry. Love homers who think all players on poor teams suck because they made the playoffs for the first time in years. 5/6 defenseman? Yea, maybe on Nashville. He's a better defenseman than Sekera btw.

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
Markov and the Oilers go to the Finals.
Not implying Markov is the missing piece, rather the Oilers will go to the finals and Markov there would be a big FU to Beregevin.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Do you really think a deadline rental like Green will net you a 2018 1st? That seems highly unlikely.

Could very well happen depending on the marker. Could get a 1st+ could get a 3rd.
Wouldnt be suprised at all to see Green get a 1st if he can stay healthy and contribute at his normal rate, hes a great player.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If Russell was half as bad as his advanced stats say, his teammates would not brag about how good he is, managers would hate his game, and he never would have gotten an extension.

Kris Russell is the posterboy for why advanced stats aren't always an indicator of a player's ability.

I absolutely hate the Russell gets because of advanced stats. He's a reliable #4 defenseman who is a beast on the PK and would throw himself in front of a train if it meant stopping a pcuk from reaching the net.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm curious, I've seen a number of people speculate that Mike Green couldn't get a first at the TDL. What's the reasoning for that? Green was the most productive, highest TOI D on Detroits roster last year. He still had 36 points for the 5th(?) worst Offense last year. Shattenkirk got a first + and they're not that dissimilar aside from age. While Green is older his offense is still there. Edm wouldn't be getting him to shut down players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad