Speculation: Hypothetically , Hamilton or landeskog

Who would you rather sign as a free agent

• Total voters

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Fair enough but i doubt they trade william for landy as I think landy costs more.
I doubt they trade him either but if so it would be for other pieces. Landry is UFA, only need space

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
6 players needed to fill in the roster and $9,500,000 cap space. $1,500,000 average per player. How Much is a quality goalie going to cost? There needs to be trades or we are done like dinner.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
6 players needed to fill in the roster and $9,500,000 cap space. $1,500,000 average per player. How Much is a quality goalie going to cost? There needs to be trades or we are done like dinner.
3/4 players. Not 6.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I doubt they trade him either but if so it would be for other pieces. Landry is UFA, only need space
Honestly wouldn't mind signing landy and signing crap to fill the other holes. At least we can be entertained.

Reactions: ACC1224

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Yes. He’s very good playing in an offensive role, but he’s poor defensively.

There’s a reason he’s never been a top pairing defenseman, and there’s a reason he moves around regularly.
How long do you think it would take Leaf Nation to turn on an 8M Dougie Hamilton?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm really hoping Landeskog's wife has a big day and wants to come home bad enough.

Rurmor mill says Kerfoot is in the block again which would make sense.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

We need that kind of a reshuffling if we want to advance in the playoffs, especially next year with being back in the Atlantic. Shuffling the bottom 6 around won't move the needle one iota.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We need that kind of a reshuffling if we want to advance in the playoffs, especially next year with being back in the Atlantic. Shuffling the bottom 6 around won't move the needle one iota.
I don’t think they’ll worry about the playoff roster until closer to the deadline.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Off the board. NONE!

Options:
If Rielly is not re-signing; trade Mo and get Dougie

If we can unload Marner then bring in Landy

If the "IF" conditions are not met don't want any of those two; Leafs cap is a JOKE and will become even more of a JOKE if we "add" to it with those cap hits

Leafs can't take on a big contract without a significant move out. Whoever they move will clear cap, and bring in a First Rounder + while allowing Leafs to upgrade.

It appears to be a fairly obvious solution and I would be surprised if Dubas doesn't employ such an approach.

Last edited:

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
There’s no rule saying you have to carry 23. Also Robertson, Sandin & Liljegren will be demoted on off days so we can accrue more cap space on game days

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Easily Hamilton for me.

A big point shot from the back-end is exactly what we need. Especially from a RHD with size.

We didn't get Petriangelo. This would be a near-tier talent with more size and a PP threat.

What are the odds Reilly re-signs here anyways? It's time for a shakeup of some sort.

Leafs were able to work along the edges last year, I don't think it's possible against this year so, if the core is staying, it should be Reilly.out for Hamilton IMO.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
I say get both and kick higher salary guys if you have to. It's not like they've proven their contracts are worth it.

Unfortunately, I can see the Kraken going after them. They've got tons of payroll and these guys would serve as solid anchors. Well, it's what I'd do, anyway.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
I say get both and kick higher salary guys if you have to. It's not like they've proven their contracts are worth it.

Unfortunately, I can see the Kraken going after them. They've got tons of payroll and these guys would serve as solid anchors. Well, it's what I'd do, anyway.
Landeskog just re-signed with Colorado 8 x 7.0

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
We didn't get Petriangelo. This would be a near-tier talent with more size and a PP threat.

What are the odds Reilly re-signs here anyways? It's time for a shakeup of some sort.

Leafs were able to work along the edges last year, I don't think it's possible against this year so, if the core is staying, it should be Reilly.out for Hamilton IMO.
Brodie-Hamilton
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Dermott
Dermott-Liljegren

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Landeskog making 3 mil plus less then Marner is hilarious. Remember when the Market we set was supposed to be the new way

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Landeskog making 3 mil plus less then Marner is hilarious. Remember when the Market we set was supposed to be the new way
Well hes older and scores less but it does seem like a steal for Colorado. I was expecting him to get 8.5AAV. If just one of our big 4 signed a deal like this we could have signed Hyman.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Well hes older and scores less but it does seem like a steal for Colorado. I was expecting him to get 8.5AAV. If just one of our big 4 signed a deal like this we could have signed Hyman.

Also a UFA though which in theory is more valuable

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Gonna be a meh season. Same top four forwards, no matter how many holes you plug in with bargain basement players, this team won't get past the first round. Ugh, not looking forward to this season at all.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Landeskog making 3 mil plus less then Marner is hilarious.
It shouldn't be. Landeskog is more similar to Hyman than Marner.
Also a UFA though which in theory is more valuable
Not when you're about to be 29, and sign an 8 year extension, as a style of player that often declines quite significantly into their 30s.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Hamilton would literally mentally crumble under the pressure in Toronto. I feel he would turn in to a Larry Murphy... though a great player, struggled mightly here.

I think Gabe would go with the flow and integrate seemlessly. I voted for him, but we do need a D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad